• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Noipoi

Howdy!
Now I want to run a team of Diance, Megearna, and Hoopa named Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup… too bad they’re impossible to get now.
All three of those are in the code for Scarlet/Violet.

The thing that kills me about Skeledirge is that like, a lot of modern starters are humanoids doing human things as their shtick.

But Skeledirge is a regular, non-anthropomorphic old croc doing human things and that's way funnier.
He's just a funny guy.

Just a big fella.

Just a hefty gentleman.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
All three of those are in the code for Scarlet/Violet.
Ok... but how am I supposed to get access to them if I don't already have them from a previous game? They were Mythical Pokemon, I can't just go catch them. Unless they do an event for them in Scar/Vio, the code could just be there for people to transfer up their old ones.
I'm just sayin, but I'd say people who find Meowscarada to not look feminine are in the minority is all.
You can say that all you want. I still think the people who do are bonkers because I don't see it. Like.... I just see a **** in boots/zorro cat with plant powers. I barely notice the jester stuff and looking at some of it's animations and moves are where you see the magician thing come through. But none of those things are especially feminine. Furries just like cats.

Quaquaval is closer in terms of it's animations at least but then the design doesn't stick the landing, especially with the head. And with the context of what it evolved from and how birds work.... it just isn't even though it is kind of.

And Skeledirge is a cool monster thing but it's not the kind of Pokemon I personally would want to use. Especially as my starter, my main partner for my whole journey.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. They really need to just ditch the concept of starters and let you pick any unevolved non-legendary pokemon to start the game with. It would make so many people so much happier and be more reflective of how people in the world of Pokemon actually start their journies. Like they can still have the three very obvious "starter" pokemon that most people are heavily encouraged to pick, but it people who don't like them had the option to never bother with them then it would be so much better.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Ok... but how am I supposed to get access to them if I don't already have them from a previous game? They were Mythical Pokemon, I can't just go catch them. Unless they do an event for them in Scar/Vio, the code could just be there for people to transfer up their old ones.

You can say that all you want. I still think the people who do are bonkers because I don't see it. Like.... I just see a **** in boots/zorro cat with plant powers. I barely notice the jester stuff and looking at some of it's animations and moves are where you see the magician thing come through. But none of those things are especially feminine. Furries just like cats.

Quaquaval is closer in terms of it's animations at least but then the design doesn't stick the landing, especially with the head. And with the context of what it evolved from and how birds work.... it just isn't even though it is kind of.

And Skeledirge is a cool monster thing but it's not the kind of Pokemon I personally would want to use. Especially as my starter, my main partner for my whole journey.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. They really need to just ditch the concept of starters and let you pick any unevolved non-legendary pokemon to start the game with. It would make so many people so much happier and be more reflective of how people in the world of Pokemon actually start their journies. Like they can still have the three very obvious "starter" pokemon that most people are heavily encouraged to pick, but it people who don't like them had the option to never bother with them then it would be so much better.

Most people seem fine with the starter system, my dude.

The truly devoted will devise ways to get their preferred "starter" in the early game through trades, breeding, or what have you. I've done it several times myself.

Shroob

Sup?
I'd honestly like to re-catch some Violet exclusives if I'm actually doing a Living Dex since I use several for Raid Busting, and having to constantly remove them from the box would be annoying.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Most people seem fine with the starter system, my dude.

The truly devoted will devise ways to get their preferred "starter" in the early game through trades, breeding, or what have you. I've done it several times myself.
I just... i get into the world of Pokemon when I play and I really don't like the idea of getting a starter and then not using it. Even if there's a way to technically game the system so I can play the way I want... that starter I picked still exists and is just sitting in my box wondering why I'm not playing with it all sad. And it makes me sad and I don't like it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I just... i get into the world of Pokemon when I play and I really don't like the idea of getting a starter and then not using it. Even if there's a way to technically game the system so I can play the way I want... that starter I picked still exists and is just sitting in my box wondering why I'm not playing with it all sad. And it makes me sad and I don't like it.
That's got more to do with your personal hang-ups than a fault in the actual game design, tbh :nifty:

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
What harm would there be in letting me pick Tinkatink as my starter tbh? Even if the reason why is because of my own hangups?
Nothing, really. Just like there's no harm in having three specially made Pokemon to start you off with and introduce you to the game. While a player who specifically desires a specific Pokemon can arrange ways to get it for themselves.

Y'know, no one said you had to trade away your starter if it'll really make you that sad. Just give up a Lechonk for the Tinkatink and use both of them :239:

Shroob

Sup?
I do wonder if Wake/Leaf will be actually part of the DLC or just limited to these raid events

Cause if the latter, then hoo boy they're going to be rare as **** in a few years.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
What harm would there be in letting me pick Tinkatink as my starter tbh? Even if the reason why is because of my own hangups?
Aside from overwhelming new players with too many options, I'd say part of the harm comes in that it'd slightly undermine the appeal of pokemon - going out to explore.

The majority of players don't look up dex leaks before they buy the game, they just go in blind and discover things on their own. And sometimes discovering a favorite like tinkatink out in the wild all on your own can be a magical experience.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I would do a raid for the new Mons... but my team is not even Level 30 yet so I'm afraid to go in, knowing I would likely be a hinderance.

Shroob

Sup?
I would do a raid for the new Mons... but my team is not even Level 30 yet so I'm afraid to go in, knowing I would likely be a hinderance.
I think you have to clear the Elite 4 to actually join them tbh.
Oooh, I would love that, haha! Thanks!

Ah yeah, figured that might be what was going on.
Sure thing. Let's do a Smashboards raid together.

Noipoi Noipoi and anyone else who wants in?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hot take but I do like Wake's design more than the Book's depiction. That's probably heresy to some but

****ing Jesus Raptor

Leaf though.... god, they try, but the Future Paradox forms are just soo bland aside from Iron Valiant.
The fusion angle was very unique, and it's a bit of a shame that it turned out to not be the case.

But uhhhh

dinosaur

Sure thing. Let's do a Smashboards raid together.

Noipoi Noipoi and anyone else who wants in?
grindon.png

Why not? That is unless anyone else who doesn't have it wants to join in.

Last edited:
Top Bottom