• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Saw the new Jurassic park. Really not as bad a critics thought.

I didn’t watch a Jurassic park moviefor The plot.

It was always to see the dinosaurs.

And there are some pretty damn good cinematic shots with the dinosaurs. That was pretty good.

The new characters were all fine and Jeff Goldblum is still iconic.

So overall not a bad film, there’s definitely things to appreciate about it. It’s definitely not an atrocious watch by any means. There’s way, way worse films.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

MooMew64

And then after that cancel the series
We would at least finally be at peace, then.

I blame reddit and cinemasins
Don't forget very funny YouTubers who are very funny and cool and original and absolutely knowledgeable about game design sharing their infinite wisdom with us poor sheeple.

Thanks to them, I finally realized everything I like is bad and only their taste is valid.:040:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
To me, nitpicking about every little thing in anything is not cool, nor is it mentally healthy. Some people are just gullible enough to be lead to do such unhealthy and not cool things.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
i just wanna have fun talking about and playing video games

why people gotta do this :034:
Your first mistake was playing video games
Everyone knows you don't actually play them, you ***** about them online, demand companies put out more stuff that you won't actually play and then you complain some more smh my head

MooMew64

The era were everybody wanted to be a wannabe AVGN and decided to nitpick every little thing with 0 irony was a disaster for media literacy and consumption
We're at the point where I legitimately do not believe anyone would actually want to watch a positive review.

No one even wants to talk about things they enjoy. It's not allowed. It's pretty much just this now:

"What's wrong with it?"

"Nothing! I had a blast, it met my expectations and I had a good time."

"What's WRONG with it?"

"...Nothing? I just said, I liked it."

"What. Is. Wrong. With. It?"

"...Well, the load times were a little slow in this section..."

"So it's unoptimized?"

"...Yeah...Yeah, it is! And look here, the game totally stuttered for a second! How on EARTH did I not see that sooner! How did they not see it sooner? Who's playtesting this!?"

"What else is wrong with it?"

"I really didn't like this mechanic! It was completely LAZY, they didn't need to put it in at all, it ruins the whole thing now that I think about it! And y'know what, the music stunk in this part, too! Oh, and the STORY, don't get me started! I enjoyed it at first, but now that I'm looking at it much more objectively, this whole thing is tripe! It's FILLED with tropes and rehashed concepts that show the devs really didn't care. That they have no passion. NO TRUE VISION FOR ART!

I WAS BLIND! Blind by my own perception of "fun" that I forgot what it's really all about! ART! INTEGRITY! VALUE! And none of this meets any of the barest minimum requirements. Look here, see that corner of the map? At exactly a thirty degree angle, you can see a texture clip. A CLIP! How did they not catch that? And if you squint over here, you can see some Z-fighting in the materials inside the OOB sections. Disgraceful. Not to mention they had the GALL to ship me an unfinished product, with gag UPDATES down the line. Sure they're free, but why couldn't they just delay the game? But also, not delay it too long? I mean, how hard can it be? And these animations, ughhhhhh look how stiff they are! No personality or charm whatsoever, it's like they sapped all the joy from [BELOVED MASCOT]. The franchise is ruined!

Ah....why couldn't they just make it like the [OLDER GAME IN THE FRANCHISE I PLAYED AS A KID]? Things were so much better back then. Games were made with integrity you could trust, with the whole package offered straight up! No updates, no DLC, not microtransactions, it was simply better. There was love. They cared about me, about what I thought. They wanted to make sure I had fun and enjoyed the game. Now...Now it's all soulless. A husk of it's original beauty.

There needs to be JUSTICE! I DEMAND WHOEVER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS TRAVESTY OF A GAME BE BROUGHT TO THE HIGHEST AUTHORITIES! THAT THEY BE SWIFTLY FIRED, AND REPLACED WITH SOMEONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO TREAT A GAME. AS A CUSTOMER. I DESERVE BETTER, I DESERVE BETTER!

And you do, too. Don't just blindly consume products. Get mad! Criticize everything! Don't give in to those wimpy "Oh, but what about the people making the game?"

FOOLS. Incompetent, LAZY FOOLS. If they don't respect me, why should I respect them? Why bother? If I don't stomp my feet and yell, how will I get what I want? And I'm OWED what I want. Because I'm me, and my opinions are the best. My taste is the objective cornerstone, of what everyone should follow. I'm going to share this grand revelation with the world on YouTube through a series of rants, gags, and maybe even an evil clone fight. Yes, YES! THIS IS HOW WE MAKE CHANGE HAPPEN. I'LL EVEN START A TWITTER MOVEMENT!

And then you have the flipside of the people who go the other way, and say everyone should enjoy everything, and "how dare you not enjoy what I enjoy".

I'm not typing another parody rant, you do it. That took forever.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I wonder, is negativity that much apparently so much in our blood more than positivity, with people nitpicking about everything and all? What I mean is that I think people, especially those without critical thinking, will be more prone to being negative and positive.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
We're at the point where I legitimately do not believe anyone would actually want to watch a positive review.

No one even wants to talk about things they enjoy. It's not allowed. It's pretty much just this now:

"What's wrong with it?"

"Nothing! I had a blast, it met my expectations and I had a good time."

"What's WRONG with it?"

"...Nothing? I just said, I liked it."

"What. Is. Wrong. With. It?"

"...Well, the load times were a little slow in this section..."

"So it's unoptimized?"

"...Yeah...Yeah, it is! And look here, the game totally stuttered for a second! How on EARTH did I not see that sooner! How did they not see it sooner? Who's playtesting this!?"

"What else is wrong with it?"

"I really didn't like this mechanic! It was completely LAZY, they didn't need to put it in at all, it ruins the whole thing now that I think about it! And y'know what, the music stunk in this part, too! Oh, and the STORY, don't get me started! I enjoyed it at first, but now that I'm looking at it much more objectively, this whole thing is tripe! It's FILLED with tropes and rehashed concepts that show the devs really didn't care. That they have no passion. NO TRUE VISION FOR ART!

I WAS BLIND! Blind by my own perception of "fun" that I forgot what it's really all about! ART! INTEGRITY! VALUE! And none of this meets any of the barest minimum requirements. Look here, see that corner of the map? At exactly a thirty degree angle, you can see a texture clip. A CLIP! How did they not catch that? And if you squint over here, you can see some Z-fighting in the materials inside the OOB sections. Disgraceful. Not to mention they had the GALL to ship me an unfinished product, with gag UPDATES down the line. Sure they're free, but why couldn't they just delay the game? But also, not delay it too long? I mean, how hard can it be? And these animations, ughhhhhh look how stiff they are! No personality or charm whatsoever, it's like they sapped all the joy from [BELOVED MASCOT]. The franchise is ruined!

Ah....why couldn't they just make it like the [OLDER GAME IN THE FRANCHISE I PLAYED AS A KID]? Things were so much better back then. Games were made with integrity you could trust, with the whole package offered straight up! No updates, no DLC, not microtransactions, it was simply better. There was love. They cared about me, about what I thought. They wanted to make sure I had fun and enjoyed the game. Now...Now it's all soulless. A husk of it's original beauty.

There needs to be JUSTICE! I DEMAND WHOEVER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS TRAVESTY OF A GAME BE BROUGHT TO THE HIGHEST AUTHORITIES! THAT THEY BE SWIFTLY FIRED, AND REPLACED WITH SOMEONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO TREAT A GAME. A CUSTOMER. I DESERVE BETTER, I DESERVE BETTER!

And you do, too. Don't just blindly consume products. Get mad! Criticize everything! Don't give in to those wimpy "Oh, but what about the people making the game?"

FOOLS. Incompetent, LAZY FOOLS. If they don't respect me, why should I respect them? Why bother? If I don't stomp my feet and yell, how will I get what I want? And I'm OWED what I want. Because I'm me, and my opinions are the best. My taste is the objective cornerstone, of what everyone should follow. I'm going to share this grand revelation with the world on YouTube through a series of rants, gags, and maybe even an evil clone fight. Yes, YES! THIS IS HOW WE MAKE CHANGE HAPPEN. I'LL EVEN START A TWITTER MOVEMENT!

And then you have the flipside of the people who go the other way, and say everyone should enjoy everything, and "how dare you not enjoy what I enjoy".

I'm not typing another parody rant, you do it. That took forever.
Toxic positivity is just as annoying, but it's not as loud as negativity.

Just gonna use an recent example, but SwSh showed the worst of both sides imo. Pokemon fans made it seem like Masuda should be plunged in hell for SwSh, or the Pokemon fans were just entitled nostalgia brats who can't accept change. And guess what? The game was just average with some good ideas and some really stupid ideas. Would you understand that from the fan discourse though?

MooMew64

Toxic positivity is just as annoying, but it's not as loud as negativity.

Just gonna use an recent example, but SwSh showed the worst of both sides imo. Pokemon fans made it seem like Masuda should be plunged in hell for SwSh, or the Pokemon fans were just entitled nostalgia brats who can't accept change. And guess what? The game was just average with some good ideas and some really stupid ideas. Would you understand that from the fan discourse though?
Absolutely not, no. Both sides were too busy either playing the martyr or at each others throats like they were debating a real world issue. It was incredibly concerning and completely unconstructive to anyone trying to actually talk about the game.

Talking about things is good! Debates CAN be good (rarely, but yes sometimes they can), but my word no one knows how to agree to disagree anymore, it's always about the last laugh. The "HA HA, I WIN!"

And over children's video games of all things.

And for an extra bit of depression, consider how both sides treat children who enjoy these games. :drsad:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Absolutely not, no. Both sides were too busy either playing the martyr or at each others throats like they were debating a real world issue. It was incredibly concerning and completely unconstructive to anyone trying to actually talk about the game.

Talking about things is good! Debates CAN be good (rarely, but yes sometimes they can), but my word no one knows how to agree to disagree anymore, it's always about the last laugh. The "HA HA, I WIN!"

And over children's video games of all things.

And for an extra bit of depression, consider how both sides treat children who enjoy these games. :drsad:
Such a shame on all that. Plus, children should not be picked on for liking a game. They are just little kids after all.

MooMew64

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom