• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SolarPCG

Banned via Administration
Affection did make it worse, but it's always been 5+ second animation IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE! A CRITICAL HIT! DEFENSE FELL! Ability activated, more textboxes describing the ability POKEMON FAINTED Fainting animation YOU GAINED EXP EXP animation Level Up! Learn a new move? move menu 1 ajd 2 and ta-da, etc.
I imagine it being very awkward for the developers to fix this problem because of how necessary all of those disclaimers and effects are. If any of them were gone, battles would either have less interesting stimuli for the children playing to grasp on to, or they would risk confusing new players. For example, if the critical hit textbox was removed, players who've never seen the mechanic would wonder why an attack did more damage and had a different sound effect than the one they did previously. I suppose you could get away with having the textbox the first time around and only then, but even then, effectively glossing over such a potentially game determinative attack wouldn't be ideal for any player.

Oh, hi. I'm new here. Consider this my grand entrance into the world of SmashBoards, because I've never been here before. Never ever.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Now that I've beaten Cynthia's third rematch team in BDSP where her team is in the level 80's, I thought I'd do my favourite Champion fights in Pokemon.
  1. Iris
  2. Cynthia
  3. Kukui (I know he's not technically the Champion fight because you are the Champion but he's the final boss and is after the Elite Four)
  4. Steven
  5. Leon
  6. Blue
  7. Lance
  8. Wallace
  9. Alder
  10. Hau
  11. Diantha
In case you're curious about my opinion on Alder, I think he's one of the best Champions in the series but his fight is underwhelming.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
The encanto post credit scene was wild.
It's a matter of time until Disney tries to make their animated movies a cinematic universe. Could be via a Kingdom Hearts adaptation, could be through the live action reboots, but it'll happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Z25

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm actually pretty happy with Samus' kit, but I wouldn't be opposed to changing it.

Ganon's needed a rework for forever now, really hoping that's in the cards someday.

Sonic could REALLY use some TLC: His moveset is literally just spindashing and he can do so much more nowadays.

Zero Suit's fine IMO.

As for others I would like to see get a revamp?

:ultkirby: - I would like to see copy abilities play more of a role. They're such an integral part of the character, but none of his kit really leans into making you want to use it much.
:ultdarksamus: - Please declone, she could do so much more.
:ultlink: - Separate him from main Link and give him more BotW Sheika Slate shenanigans.
:ulttoonlink: - Same as BotW Link, just give him WW shenanigans.
:ultlittlemac: - Please make him a character in this game.
I just figure if regular Samus is getting a rework then ZS should probably have her kit looked at to make sure she doesn’t overlap too much with how new Samus turns out.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
why tf are the goddamn mailmen making nfts?
and who the hell is going to buy those?
Do you think that'd happen? A US government entity would act like a greedy private company and scam its own citizens?

Looks at the state lotteries

Okay yeah that seems about right.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Watch GF revert back and ruin everything PLA did for the franchise
I'm gonna say it's two games minimum until we see most of the Arceus improvements reach other games. This game was probably being developed concurrently with Gen 9, and ILCA is probably working on a chibi hyper-accurate HGSS. Small stuff like the trade evolution item, perhaps, but the bigger stuff probably not.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Been drawing a lot of stuff. Working on personal stuff again and fan-art related stuff. I plan on February being more content heavy. I've only got like 3 drawings posted for January, but I did say that month would be slow. I think 2 more pieces for this fan-art project should be good, and maybe re-tooling one more after that. Then, I want to do a Valentine's Day ****post, but we'll see how the timing is on that I guess.

And I've been playing Metroid Dread. Got the Space Jump and decided to go back to some older areas to clean up some of the items. This game's been a really decent challenge. Not too hard though. Kraid was a pain, but most other bosses weren't too bad. Speed Booster Puzzles definitely added a lot to the time I got though, lol.

Also, I Finally started Okami, only to put it on the back burner again cause of Dread, and playing more Kazuya in Smash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Now with Pokemon Legends: Arceus outta the way, I can't wait for Pokemon Chronicles: Lt. Surge, a first person shooter set during the war he talked about. Bonus points if they somehow include the Kalos war as well.

How good is the story and does it actually exist this time?
I'll try to keep spoilers at minimum here, but story's fine, it's pretty much Pokemon: Isekai Version and doesn't really pick up until end game, but once it does, it goes in hard, even averting the usual "never say die" attitude the main games usually have. Most of the game pretty much consists of "go there, fill dex and calm down frenzied Pokemon" rinse and repeat. I'll say the game is more carried by the characters than the story, I found most of them pretty likeable.

Tl;Dr: Don't expect a great story, but it's serviceable for what it is.

Reactions: Z25

dezeray112

Smash Hero
It's a matter of time until Disney tries to make their animated movies a cinematic universe. Could be via a Kingdom Hearts adaptation, could be through the live action reboots, but it'll happen.
I'd predict that an animated series of Encanto is and I hope more likely to happen, although a Kingdom Hearts universe based on Encanto is reasonable considering how well recieved the animation has done.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm going to skip the demon I originally planned for today because it was a pretty unfortunate figure to pick due to the last day's incident. I'll be posting it at a later date, under a warning tag.

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Divine race:

1642950410566.png

“I am Divine Virtue. I pray for our union to be blessed.”

Alignment: Light-Law

Origin: Christian mythology. The fifth rank of the hierarchy of angels. They are responsible for watching over the movement of the celestial bodies, the order of the seasons, and the distribution of miracles. Due to these roles, Virtues are considered as Spirits of Motion. Also known as Strongholds and shining ones, their physical forms appear to be molded from the universe itself. They are known to encourage humans to strengthen their faith in God.

Skills: Hamaon, Dekunda, Mazio

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Divine race.

Considering their initial look, which was just a feminine angel with bird wings, Virtue’s current design is really inspired and reflects their artistic depictions surprisingly well, even if it’s mostly in spirit. I think angels look the best when they clearly resemble humans but are also decidedly inorganic. Considering their relative high rank, Virtue is surprisingly weak in most of their appearances.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Heads up y'all
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom