• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
My God, BDSP's Elite Four is something else. Even with the buffs my Pokemon got from having high affection, the Elite Four managed to put up a good fight. And Cynthia. Oh my God Cynthia. If it weren't for my Infernape living two hits it shouldn't have due to affection Cynthia would have destroyed me. Even with that, I still won by the absolute skin of my teeth, just barely outspeeding Cynthia Garchomp with my Weavile. This is easily the hardest Elite Four in the series, especially so if forced affection buffs weren't a thing. I mean, Cynthia's team is fully EV trained and has perfect IVs in almost every stat.
Are affection bonuses really mandatory in BDSP? Really? Wow, as if Forced Exp Share wasn't enough.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
My God, BDSP's Elite Four is something else. Even with the buffs my Pokemon got from having high affection, the Elite Four managed to put up a good fight. And Cynthia. Oh my God Cynthia. If it weren't for my Infernape living two hits it shouldn't have due to affection Cynthia would have destroyed me. Even with that, I still won by the absolute skin of my teeth, just barely outspeeding Cynthia Garchomp with my Weavile. This is easily the hardest Elite Four in the series, especially so if forced affection buffs weren't a thing. I mean, Cynthia's team is fully EV trained and has perfect IVs in almost every stat.
I’m legit panicking right now. How overleveled is my team going to have to be? Sure I’ve only played SwSh, Let’s Go, and now XY but like I’ve never had to worry about IVs before. I one shot Leon’s Charizard with Max Thunder! How am I… what am I…. what do I do!?!? I don’t do strategy! I can barely think! Like I can plan but then when things don’t go as planned (like the opponent not using specific moves at specific junctures) I panic and can’t adapt! How am I gonna beat her!?!

osby

Smash Obsessed
I’m legit panicking right now. How overleveled is my team going to have to be? Sure I’ve only played SwSh, Let’s Go, and now XY but like I’ve never had to worry about IVs before. I one shot Leon’s Charizard with Max Thunder! How am I… what am I…. what do I do!?!? I don’t do strategy! I can barely think! Like I can plan but then when things don’t go as planned (like the opponent not using specific moves at specific junctures) I panic and can’t adapt! How am I gonna beat her!?!
Maybe you can check a guide or playthrough to see what strategies other people used?

It's Pokemon, as long as you have the right team, you shouldn't need too much strategy switch on the fly.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Just finished watching Arcane yesterday and uhh holy **** was it so good. I did not expect a show based on LoL to have this much effort and quality put into it.

Highly recommended to everyone. Yes, everyone, including non-LoL fans.

osby

Smash Obsessed
DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

“I’m Megami Tlazōlteōtl. I'd say pleased to meet you but my… what a filthy little thing you are...”

Alignment: Light-Law

Origin: Aztec mythology. Tlazolteotl is the goddess of both contamination and purification. She’s the patron deity of adulterers and steam baths. Her epithets include "death caused by lust" or “she who eats sin”, reflecting her sides as a deity who causes sexual diseases in ones who indulge in carnal misdeeds and but also pardons such people. She’s commonly depicted as a woman with divine excrement smeared around her mouth and nose.

Skills: Mabufudyne, Diamrita, Dekunda

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Jaki race. I hope you look forward to it...

If I had a dollar of every toilet demon in MegaTen, I’d have at least three dollars. Jokes aside, I really dig her design. Even though most of the Aztec-inspired details are on her toilet bowl, she still has references to her myth, like the “dirt” marks around her mouth and the dismembered head referencing the human skin she wore. The sun disk on her back is a weird touch, though, as she was more closely associated with moon cycles. Fittingly, she learns anti-poison skills.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Just finished watching Arcane yesterday and uhh holy **** was it so good. I did not expect a show based on LoL to have this much effort and quality put into it.

Highly recommended to everyone. Yes, everyone, including non-LoL fans.
Death.

Been hearing a lot of good things about it from my irl friends. Definitely gonna watch it down the line.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
The final Street Fighter V presentation featuring Luke will be shown today.

Looking forward to watching the first two episodes of Hawkeye tomorrow when it comes on Disney+!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
y'all

i think i might be trying to get an Xbox 👀

just gonna try to figure out the best way to do it and when

might be soon, might be a bit

but I think with the graphics card market probably not leveling until like, probably 2023 at this point

I'm gonna invest in an Xbox

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Yo can you imagine an DC Elseworld story where Superman landed in Saudi Arabia whether past or present being found and raised by Ra's al Ghul to be trained in the League of Assassins? That would be a pretty good story there.

Also Superman landing in prehistory being found and raised by Vandal Savage as his son using him to his advantage in shaping human civilization as it is in hopes of eventually ruling the world.

D

Deleted member

Johto only run going well, just reached Veilstone City. Still don't have a full team though.
Noctowl Lv. 26
Donphan Lv. 28
Flaafy Lv. 29
Sunflora Lv. 28
Furret Lv. 29

Honorable mention:
Cherubi, who is just tagging along for the experience to evolve later on
Not quite sure who my final team member should be. Debating between Kingdra, Octillery and Girafarig.

so what was in the third ball?
My hopes and dreams being left behind.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yo can you imagine an DC Elseworld story where Superman landed in Saudi Arabia whether past or present being found and raised by Ra's al Ghul to be trained in the League of Assassins? That would be a pretty good story there.
Wasn't League of Assassins located in Nanda Parbat?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know Pokémon Conquest? The Pokémon Tactics game crossover with Nobunaga’s Ambition? Elevator Pitch. Same idea, but with Fire Emblem. And you pull a Kingdom Hearts with legacy FE characters all being recognizable but being non-canon to their original entries and that way you can have Marth, Ike, Roy, Robin, Corrin, Chrom, Lucina, and Byleth all in a game together without crossing dimensions.

Edit: And just to be clear, this would be clear, this would be Fire Emblem x Pokémon. Not Fire Emblem x Nobunaga’s Ambition.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Oh man Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City is gonna get massacred. Released on the same day as a Disney film as well as West Side Story and Spider-Man: No Way Home coming out so soon. It ain't gonna stand a chance in the box office.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Oh man Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City is gonna get massacred. Released on the same day as a Disney film as well as West Side Story and Spider-Man: No Way Home coming out so soon. It ain't gonna stand a chance in the box office.
Well, the lack of marketing and the already unfavourable reviews is going to impact Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City's box office run. Plus I do generally believe it will be tough competition since it is going head to head with Disney's Encanto, the House of Gucci and Ghostbusters: Afterlife's second week run in the box office.

I think December is looking more likely that Spider-Man: No Way Home is set to sweep the box office since it is projected to make an estimate $135-180 million on opening weekend.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well, the lack of marketing and the already unfavourable reviews is going to impact Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City's box office run. Plus I do generally believe it will be tough competition since it is going head to head with Disney's Encanto, the House of Gucci and Ghostbusters: Afterlife's second week run in the box office.

I think December is looking more likely that Spider-Man: No Way Home is set to sweep the box office since it is projected to make an estimate $135-180 million on opening weekend.
Even October which would have been a more fitting month would have been pack. All corners around it would have dealt with Venom 2, No Time To Die, Halloween Kills, Dune (End of October it would have had to deal with Eternals the next week).

Couldn't escape any competition apparently. Mid-Late September probably would have been the best time.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
In other news, I'm SRing for a Shiny Mesprit as we speak. Got a good setup to do so optimally, and I'll be using my Master Ball here since I don't have a Wobbuffet to trap them and use the usual Premier Ball. I'm about 200 resets in so far. I will let you all know when I get them~
1637683996971.png

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Imagine a Elseworld based on the Amalgam universe, where the Captain America/Superman fusion crashed into the U.S. Army, after behind trained by the admiral and receiv ethe super soldier syrum, he became the complete ruler of the Americas while the other continents fears to him

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Even October which would have been a more fitting month would have been pack. All corners around it would have dealt with Venom 2, No Time To Die, Halloween Kills, Dune (End of October it would have had to deal with Eternals the next week).

Couldn't escape any competition apparently. Mid-Late September probably would have been the best time.
Venom: Let There Be Carnage should had kept their September release date but they shifted it to October due to its uncertainity of the pandemic.

If it wasn't for the box office performance of Shang-Chi & the Legend of the Ten Rings, the films that had been scheduled would had faced more delays.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Nintendo is disturbed at what's been going on at Activision-Blizzard

You know, for Nintendo, a company that they themselves have done some shady things in the past, to be completely disturbed by Activion-Blizzard's sexual harassment and toxicity in the workplace, is really quite nuts.
View attachment 338583
NIntendos "shady* stuff isnt compatible to sexual assault. Its pretty easy to be disgusted at that when the most you have done was stop selling a game after a certain date

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom