• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Tbh, the remaking models and animations and stuff is true but for Legends. Why they made that sound like it was for SwSh, I have no idea. Probably to not spoil Legends, but man was that not a good idea to word it like that.

Gotta be honest

BDSP looks better than SwSh.

That is not a joke, BDSP looks good overall, but some areas are ****ing beautiful and the battle backrounds are gorgeous. SwSh looks fine overall, but some areas are diarrahea, and they have the white void for battle backgrounds indoors, idk why it took them up to BDSP to model indoor arenas for Pokemon, but I digress.
They did fully made interiors for Let's Go as well actually. It also had proper Pokemon scaling and a better implemented follow Pokemon system.

Yeah I dunno either.

Noipoi

Howdy!
This is a strawman of the actual argument, and one that feels like it's in bad faith too.

No one seriously believes that Masuda intentionally makes the series worse out of spite (and if they do they're stupid). Instead, the line of reasoning follows that Masuda and co. are more afraid or unwilling to experiment with the franchise because, when they did that with Gen 5, they got absolutely **** on for it and the games sold like garbage.

I don't think it's hard to put yourself in Masuda's shoes and imagine how utterly disappointing it'd be to give something your best effort only for everyone to hate it for years (people didn't come around to Gen 5 until like, mid-Gen 6) and for it to do absolutely horribly. At that point, why experiment and risk mass mockery and failure when you can just stick to standard series conventions, add a funny new gimmick, and smash sales records?
Nah man, I’ve seen some dudes say basically word for word what I said. I obviously don’t think everyone thinks like that, but I’ve seen it.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Geez i really did just blast throw Aqua's story today, i literally started it when i woke up, did a couple breaks to do personal errands then went back and kept going, i'm already at Neverland. lol

This is a strawman of the actual argument, and one that feels like it's in bad faith too.

No one seriously believes that Masuda intentionally makes the series worse out of spite (and if they do they're stupid). Instead, the line of reasoning follows that Masuda and co. are more afraid or unwilling to experiment with the franchise because, when they did that with Gen 5, they got absolutely **** on for it and the games sold like garbage.

I don't think it's hard to put yourself in Masuda's shoes and imagine how utterly disappointing it'd be to give something your best effort only for everyone to hate it for years (people didn't come around to Gen 5 until like, mid-Gen 6) and for it to do absolutely horribly. At that point, why experiment and risk mass mockery and failure when you can just stick to standard series conventions, add a funny new gimmick, and smash sales records?
Same thing happened to Sonic and Ace Attorney.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Not saying you're wrong, but there is an prevailing idea that Masuda is lazy and is intentially not giving a **** anymore because the last games sold well (r/Pokemon and some parts of Pokemon Twitter champion this idea). In reality, he was just dealt a bad hand since Gen 5's reception and tried the make the most of it, which sucks when you handle a series as big as Pokemon.

I do hope things pull through for him, I don't really like the narrative that Masuda ruined the series when he brought us the arguably best games in the series.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Imo, Poison and Dragon.

It's gooey and icky. It should have something to represent that side
This would make sense to. It honestly fits pretty well with either theme. It has the texture of a poison but a personality more associated with fairies. So I still wonder why it was single typed either way.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
When it comes to designing games, I don’t think Masada sets out to make the games bad, but his philosophy is definitely different. With the very likely crunch Pokémon has been under the last few gens, it’s been harder to push out a product as fleshed out as prior games.

In addition, Masuda said he removed challenge from the games because cellphones.

That’s why there was no more Battle Frontier according to him and probably why the towers are so generic each game now. This is also why there’s no post game in big ways most of the time. He believes cellphones take peoples attention more than anything else.

Which never made any damn sense.

-Minecraft

-Stardew Valley

-Animal Crossing

-Skyrim

-BOtW

-Mario Kart

-GTA

the list goes on. All of these are games that people can sink and will sink hours of their time into. A game with the right balance of content that’s repetitive But fun, can make for endless hours of fun that will always captivate fans.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
BDSP looks better than SwSh.

That is not a joke, BDSP looks good overall, but some areas are ****ing beautiful and the battle backrounds are gorgeous. SwSh looks fine overall, but some areas are diarrahea, and they have the white void for battle backgrounds indoors, idk why it took them up to BDSP to model indoor arenas for Pokemon, but I digress.
Speaking as a SwSh fan, yeah game does not look good in certain areas, lol.

The water especially looks atrocious in certain parts.

But yeah, BDSP looks great. I still need to watch Arlo's video on it, but I guess I saw people say he thought it looked bad when it zoomed in during cutscenes? If that's truly how he feels, IDK if I agree with that, 'cause even zoomed in, the game looks pretty great.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Not only did netflix **** up Ed in the beboop show. They ****ed up Gren who
had human experimentation and forced medical experements done on him to make his breast tissue grow into, someohow, trans representative
Which. You know, isnt right at all

Last edited:

MooMew64

fun 3DS emulation fact:

it does not like long path names

which is why I spent nearly an hour and a half trying to figure out why this OoT3D texturepack wasn't working, only to find that the folder path having a ridiculously long name was causing it to crash

shortening the folder's name fixed it

asjgfasoldjfbljdsbfjlgbsfjlbfglkb

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
On the note of the previous topic, the funny thing about BW's sales is that ironically it originally wasn't much of an outlier. Going into SM's release period it was actually on par with XY in terms of sales numbers as the latter sold on the upper end of 14 million and was increasing slow enough that by the time SM released and ate into its legs the latter probably would've ended off around the same total as the former (probably better, but not by much). Then GO released and the boom happened, and with that game came a huge influx of fans which had XY's numbers jump nearly a million and a half by the end of the year, ORAS do around the same, and SM's pre-orders skyrocket. As a result BW's final numbers ended up being the lowest point while XY and SM blew past it, GO for as much as it's hated in some circles really revitalized interest in the franchise again.

Anyway, kind of jumped in there, but I wanted to mention this since I followed sales during the BW-SM period and it's always fun to look back on it.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I’m still waiting on that Sony deal to get onto Disney+.
I have to imagine Disney wants them on D+ before NWH releases. "Remember Doc Ock and Electro and all those other guys? Rewatch their movies on our streaming site to get hyped!".

I wonder if they're also gonna try and get the Netflix shows on Hulu/Disney Plus Star, seeing as they're bringing back Cox as Daredevil and Do'nfrio as Kingpin

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I have to imagine Disney wants them on D+ before NWH releases. "Remember Doc Ock and Electro and all those other guys? Rewatch their movies on our streaming site to get hyped!".

I wonder if they're also gonna try and get the Netflix shows on Hulu/Disney Plus Star, seeing as they're bringing back Cox as Daredevil and Do'nfrio as Kingpin
I feel like those are Netflix exclusives

kylexv

Smash Master
My God, BDSP's Elite Four is something else. Even with the buffs my Pokemon got from having high affection, the Elite Four managed to put up a good fight. And Cynthia. Oh my God Cynthia. If it weren't for my Infernape living two hits it shouldn't have due to affection Cynthia would have destroyed me. Even with that, I still won by the absolute skin of my teeth, just barely outspeeding Cynthia Garchomp with my Weavile. This is easily the hardest Elite Four in the series, especially so if forced affection buffs weren't a thing. I mean, Cynthia's team is fully EV trained and has perfect IVs in almost every stat.

MooMew64

Literally the only way I could beat Cynthia is setting up with tail glow Manaphy. I know it’s cheap but I tried to beat her legit and it wasn’t working. She was too tough bro.

Yes I used the gift Manaphy idk if it’s legendary it’s cute don’t @ me
Dude

I will absolutely abuse legendaries: Half of my fav ‘Mons are legendaries and mythics.

Also, I can and will abuse baby mode in any game that lets me

yeah I spammed the echo location thing in Metroid Dread, what of it

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Been playing Halo Infinite.

Fret is a good boy.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’m Let’s Go, Oak was gonna give you and your rival one of two Pokémon. But the one you get, the one on the box, you go out and catch outside. And then your rival gets the other box mon…. so what was in the third ball?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I feel like those are Netflix exclusives
Yeah unfortunately, Netflix owns the distribution rights to the shows they made with Marvel. Doesn’t mean they CANT work out a deal but since Marvel and Netflix parted ways and Disney cut their deal with Netflix short to become their direct competitor? Yeah probably not the easiest deal to make happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom