• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Finally dabbling in 3DS emulation.

Man, 3DS games look amazing upscaled. If Nintendo ever wants to drop 'em on Switch, I'd happily pay money for upscales of these, if only to be able to finally play them with a good analog stick finally.

Ah well, for now, I've got my personal librarby backed up and will enjoy 'em on PC.

Noipoi

Howdy!
For real tho

Masuda is 100% involved with Arceus

He's been involved in like, all the games, yeah? Including Gen 5? Gotta love how SwSh was enough to make people think everything he touches is bad now, lol.
The prevailing theory is that Masuda poured his heart and soul into gen 5, and when it didn’t do great something inside him snapped. Now he spends his days intentionally making the series worse to spite the Pokémon fans who dared to shun his precious gen 5.

Or some stupid stuff like that.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The prevailing theory is that Masuda poured his heart and soul into gen 5, and when it didn’t do great something inside him snapped. Now he spends his days intentionally making the series worse to spite the Pokémon fans who dared to shun his precious gen 5.

Which is ironic because Gen 6 were the last games he directed that weren't remakes.

MooMew64

9cm2tqoesd421.jpg

this is why I just enjoy Pokémon by myself now, man

why are Pokémon and Paper Mario fans like this

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Holy frick did you guys realize Gen 4 had Girafarig in it? Because I totally forgot it had Girafarig in it.

Finally an excuse to put a giraffe in my team.

Neigh.
I actually do remember, because back in the day I tried to pokeradar shiny hunt for it, but I never got lucky and was kinda bad with the radar. Will definitely try again this time though.

MooMew64

I feel like Sonic fans, at least the ones who’ve been around awhile, should be immune to all forms of fandom bull****.
Oh believe me

I (for the most part) am.

It's just that sometimes I just sit there and think about these fandoms and realize "Holy smores, these places suck and I hate it here".

why.png

sometimes, i'm just tired, man

Last edited:

MooMew64

Oh yeah, speaking of Sonic.

Low key, I'm considering doing that subscription deal Microsoft offers for an Xbox Series X where you get one from them and pay them back for it monthly over the course of a two year agreement.

You get gamepass as a part of it.

Since my Steam Deck order isn't gonna charge me 'till around February...I'm thinking about it.

Oh yeah, and what does this have to do with Sonic, you might ask?

Unleashed plays 60FPS on Series X.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
For real tho

Masuda is 100% involved with Arceus

He's been involved in like, all the games, yeah? Including Gen 5? Gotta love how SwSh was enough to make people think everything he touches is bad now, lol.
Reminds me of how some Metroid fans insist Dread was all MercurySteam and refuse to acknowledge Sakamoto had any role in the game.

There is no reason:
View attachment 338491
Why this isn’t fairy dragon. It looks like a dragon tales
Character.
I'm still scratching my head why it was pure dragon to begin with. Even ignoring the other Pseudo Legendaries its design lends well to a secondary typing like Poison or Water.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Finally dabbling in 3DS emulation.

Man, 3DS games look amazing upscaled. If Nintendo ever wants to drop 'em on Switch, I'd happily pay money for upscales of these, if only to be able to finally play them with a good analog stick finally.

Ah well, for now, I've got my personal librarby backed up and will enjoy 'em on PC.
Surprisingly little know fact is that 3DS was capable of better graphics than most people give it credit for.

Great Ace Attorney Chronicles
Kingdom hearts 2.8
Pokemon Sword and shield all used upscaled 3DS models and for such a small handheld it's impressive. The 3DS screen just wasnt capable of showing it.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Pokemon Sword and shield all used upscaled 3DS models and for such a small handheld it's impressive. The 3DS screen just wasnt capable of showing it.
It's probably not a secret but GF actually made the Pokemon models in full HD first and then downscaled them for the 3DS so it's actually impressive that they got them to work on the 3DS with such a high poly count and such.

Though it's also the reason why Sun and Moon chugs at the more intense sequences.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
It's probably not a secret but GF actually made the Pokemon models in full HD first and then downscaled them for the 3DS so it's actually impressive that they got them to work on the 3DS with such a high poly count and such.

Though it's also the reason why Sun and Moon chugs at the more intense sequences.
When I did a Double or Multi battle, the system felt like it was about to explode.

MooMew64

The more I think about it

Maybe some of the insults (even I in the past have thrown) at GF's dev capabilities are unwarranted.

It probably is just a resources and time issue, TBH.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Maybe some of the insults (even I in the past have thrown) at GF's dev capabilities are unwarranted.

Actually, the reason for the models was to future proof the models so that they didn't have to remake them at all when the series inevitably jumped into 3D. A really smart move by the folks at Creatures and GF, it lighten ups the workload tremendously sknce they can simply reuse models they made since the 2010s, perhaps even earlier.

Unless I misread it, which in that case... uh...

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

I think your missing a bit of context.

The reason people complained is because they said that they were making new models for the Pokemon and that's why Sword and shield sucks.

But the models are literally the same, thats where it came from. lol

MooMew64

Actually, the reason for the models was to future proof the models so that they didn't have to remake them at all when the series inevitably jumped into 3D. A really smart move by the folks at Creatures and GF, it lighten ups the workload tremendously sknce they can simply reuse models they made since the 2010s, perhaps even earlier.

Unless I misread it, which in that case... uh...
Nah, that's the same thing I've heard.

TBH the games are getting better visually, BDSP actually looks pretty decent.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I think your missing a bit of context.

The reason people complained is because they said that they were making new models for the Pokemon and that's why Sword and shield sucks.

But the models are literally the same, thats where it came from. lol
Tbh, the remaking models and animations and stuff is true but for Legends. Why they made that sound like it was for SwSh, I have no idea. Probably to not spoil Legends, but man was that not a good idea to word it like that.
Nah, that's the same thing I've heard.

TBH the games are getting better visually, BDSP actually looks pretty decent.
Gotta be honest

BDSP looks better than SwSh.

That is not a joke, BDSP looks good overall, but some areas are ****ing beautiful and the battle backrounds are gorgeous. SwSh looks fine overall, but some areas are diarrahea, and they have the white void for battle backgrounds indoors, idk why it took them up to BDSP to model indoor arenas for Pokemon, but I digress.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

This is a strawman of the actual argument, and one that feels like it's in bad faith too.

No one seriously believes that Masuda intentionally makes the series worse out of spite (and if they do they're stupid). Instead, the line of reasoning follows that Masuda and co. are more afraid or unwilling to experiment with the franchise because, when they did that with Gen 5, they got absolutely **** on for it and the games sold like garbage.

I don't think it's hard to put yourself in Masuda's shoes and imagine how utterly disappointing it'd be to give something your best effort only for everyone to hate it for years (people didn't come around to Gen 5 until like, mid-Gen 6) and for it to do absolutely horribly. At that point, why experiment and risk mass mockery and failure when you can just stick to standard series conventions, add a funny new gimmick, and smash sales records?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom