• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Lmao super ridiculous. Just like that one time Russia tried to censor Steven Universe by turning Ruby into a man.
But the children
Russia doesn’t actually do that. It was someone’s meme that they made to cause widespread misinformation.

Episodes like Jailbreak for example show Ruby and Sapphire as is.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Today, it's time for Pokelego to ramble about my history with my digital animals that I've had more of then with actual human beings! Anyways, yesterday, I had my friend help me evolve my Dusclops in order to get my first main series Dusknoir. Last trade evo I was missing iirc.

Anyway, that Dusknoir and me go way back. When I was real little, my babysitter traded that Dusknoir as a Duskull to me on my Diamond save file, which I never had found before as I had Sapphire and thus could only get Shuppet, alongside some other mons I'd never gotten before like Nosepass and Swinub. This Duskull was stacked in terms of contest training, which I could never figure out, so it and my Graveler were my go to contest mons. Time passed and I eventually forgot about it. That was, until recently, when I remembered it was still in my collection, as I had transferred it all the way up to Ultra Moon alongside all my other Pokemon. I immediately yoinked it and grinded it a bunch, up to Level 56, and it had evolved into Dusclops. Now, as I have evolved it into Dusknoir, we came full circle eventually. Now it's past the 60s, and honestly I find it funny I finally got this just before Duskull Community Day rolled around.

I mean, I'm not using it for Contests anytime soon unless someone can tell me how to do Contests in Gen 7, but my current moveset on it is Hex, Will-O-Wisp, Confuse Ray, and Disable, aka how to annoy the opponent to no end.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
No wonder got banned for literally no reason in so many elementary school
I mean, my librarian banned them because it wasn't real literature or some **** like a 3rd grader would read ****ing Harry Potter.

Then there were the ones that banned them because Harold was gay, but that was after my time.
honestly, their books being banned from elementary schools over a gay character was really pathetic imo, regardless of the time period

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I am pretty late with this, but I finally had the opportunity to watch Marvel Studios' Black Widow which is now available on Disney+.

All I can say is that I really enjoyed Florence Pugh's performance as Yelena Belova as she certainly shined within her scenes. I do hope we get to see more of Melina and Aleksei within the future of the MCU.

So Yelena's next target is Natasha's former Avengers partner Clint Barton as stated by Valentina. This actually makes sense since it had already been stated that her character will be appearing in the Hawkeye Disney+ series. I get the feeling she is going to learn the entire truth from Clint about what really happened to Natasha.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So time for a new character for a pfp. Cinnabar from Land of the Lustrous.

Also to those who recommended at the start of the day between Monkey Ball, Cris Tales, KH spinoff and WarioWare...............................I went with WarioWare. Found it pretty cheap for a newish game at a store.

Also.................Metroid Dread is SMOOOOOOOOTH! Gameplay is so fun.

These puns are scarring me for life
Bro, how'd you get a Tenor gif on here?

Need them secrets.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Fire: Exists
Dark souls fans: ISTHATADARKSOULSREFERENCE!?
You talking about the reveal trailer? Mario literally walked up to an ember in the ground and put his hand out the exact same way you kindle a Bonfire in Dark Souls. So…

6F7AFAB9-61C4-4000-8ACF-6619D5736382.jpeg

Yeah, it’s pretty easy to confuse that for a Dark Souls character reference.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
You talking about the reveal trailer? Mario literally walked up to an ember in the ground and put his hand out the exact same way you kindle a Bonfire in Dark Souls. So…

View attachment 333730
Yeah, it’s pretty easy to confuse that for a Dark Souls character reference.
I know, it's just hilarious to me.

Speaking of Mario's face in that trailer, my personal interpretation of his expression in that moment is basically "My god the can of worms were about to open... Well we made it this far, no going back now."

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Chosen Undead or a Dark Souls Character in general is a top tier choice. The amount of insane music and visuals that would come with the franchise would rival the very best in smash if not be THE best.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
See and just looking at the roster. What surprises me the most about Sora now isn't him.

It's the fact that he comes right after Kazuya.

The guy who would happily beat the **** out of his family to a pulp with demon blooded fists to Disney chosen happy hero.

I love Smash Bros.

You gotta copy the image and paste it.
Ain't working for me dude.

1633729155545.png

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I really hope SR get some more respect in the future some time after Dread release.

'cuz while it got alot of flaws & I agree with a few of them in this video below, some of those points really make me wonder if peoples really tried to give SR a chance, or just thought it was AM2R but worse in every way.
It's a shame really, because beside some points the ZM section, I was really enjoying this video, but that SR segment really left a bad taste in my mouth.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Question for everyone, do you think that Nintendo should conduct a new Smash ballot?
Why bother? The only characters the early days of smash speculation who arent playable are Lloyd and Geno, just put them in the game proper and were good lol

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Why bother? The only characters the early days of smash speculation who arent playable are Lloyd and Geno, just put them in the game proper and were good lol
I think the point is that other popular characters have entered the general mindset. Characters like Crash and Spyro likely didn’t chart that high originally but neither did characters like 2B or other new characters that weren’t around during the first ballot.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I think the point is that other popular characters have entered the general mindset. Characters like Crash and Spyro likely didn’t chart that high originally but neither did characters like 2B or other new characters that weren’t around during the first ballot.
I guess it would make sense years down the line to see which characters popularity sticks. Like Kiryu or Phoenix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom