• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So I did see JD coming back and I do have a few words for him. In short that he's really beeping lucky this time that it didn't turn out worse but maybe.

However I can focus on that this evening as I'm busy today.

Most of all since No Time To Die is out and I'm going to see it thought I'd post one of my favourite clips from my favourite Bond.

"You missed Mr Bond."

dies falls from tree

"Did I?"

Smugster - Copy.jpg

007 be like.

osby

Smash Obsessed
A spooky avatar that has nothing to do with me looking for an excuse to switch back to P3 hero.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So I watched the Reptar showcase. He's the top contender for my main but I was worried that poor mobility would hold back my enjoyment of him, but it seems like they actually gave him a pretty solid projectile. Between that and his massive hitboxes and a DK-ish light dash attack I'm way less worried that he won't click.

He's also got an S-tier taunt.
Screenshot_20211001-021841_YouTube.jpg

Worth maining for that alone.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Well, at least the whole Scarlett Johannson-Disney lawsuit dispute has finally came to an end as they both settled for an agreement.

Scarlett Johannson:

“I am happy to have resolved our differences with Disney,” Johansson said in a statement on Thursday. “I’m incredibly proud of the work we’ve done together over the years and have greatly enjoyed my creative relationship with the team. I look forward to continuing our collaboration in years to come.”

Disney Studios Content Chairman Alan Bergman:

"I’m very pleased that we have been able to come to a mutual agreement with Scarlett Johansson regarding ‘Black Widow,'” he said in a statement. “We appreciate her contributions to the Marvel Cinematic Universe and look forward to working together on a number of upcoming projects, including Disney’s ‘Tower of Terror.'"

Hopefully this will convince the Russo Brothers to direct another MCU film as they did "hit an impasse" due to the case which has now been settled.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So I watched the Reptar showcase. He's the top contender for my main but I was worried that poor mobility would hold back my enjoyment of him, but it seems like they actually gave him a pretty solid projectile. Between that and his massive hitboxes and a DK-ish light dash attack I'm way less worried that he won't click.

He's also got an S-tier taunt.
View attachment 332323
Worth maining for that alone.
One thing I like in particular is how his projectiles emphasize proper heavyweight balance, reflecting is a universal mechanic meaning Reptar would still have options against zoners, but he also has a devastatingly fast projectile which is harder to reflect, with his down special having massive range and armour

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Next Friday.
The 19 years wait for this saga to continue will be finally over.

Let's ****ing go.

D

Deleted member

osby osby Noipoi Noipoi Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah!

It was quite enjoyable, although I still liked the Holiday Special way more.

Shocked they got away with referencing The Shining so much near the end and the Lord Of The Rings reference at the end with the bad Guy was funny too.

Also found It interesting how while the Special is clearly non-canon they still tried to keep consistency with the current stuff from the movies and shows with the twists of the three stories actually being made up by the bad guy to boost his ego.

So yeah, I'd say It is worth a watch, although there didn't seem to be any highly memeable scene such as the Hello There scene from the 1st special.

Edit: also, I still feel too tired to talk about yesterday. Hopefully ya'll understand.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The more I think about it, the more I believe All Star Brawl will die within a week, mostly because of disgruntled Smash fans overhyping it to hell.
As someone who isn't that interested in the game all things considered, man, I hate to see that happen.

D

Deleted member

May as well explain and tell everything which happened so people can relax.

Ok so I had left my house with the money my father had on his wallet (70€), some extra clothing, my Switch and some games to kill time during the trip and/or the night and of course without my phone so my father couldn't localize me. I had tried to contact my cousins (the female ones, not the male ones who made me feel like crap while watching Black Widow) to see if I could go with them, but they were unavailable and motivated me to stay home.

So I ended up leaving with either one of two objectives: either I went to the place of the island which I love the most (Tejeda) to find somewhere to stay and have at least a week of peace in the mountains... Or to die from starvation as a way to finally make my cousins (the male ones), my aunt, the Smashboards users who for all I know wish all the worst on me (Hinata, FlyBoy, Opossum, Idon, Will... Some more) and many other people on social medias Who seem to dislike me happy and free to do whatever they want to do (be It taking all my herency for their own good in the case of my aunt or feel the relief to do whatever they want to do again without having to be stressed or anxious over my presence anywhere in the case of the Smashboards users).

So yeah, I went to the main bus stop of my city at Triana and asked the people in charge for a train to Tejeda and they told me the next one wouldn't come until tomorrow... But that there was one going to San Mateo which went to a stop which did have a bus to Tejeda still available.
So I took the bus, made the trip to San Mateo and there I also took the bus to Tejeda (all together costed me less than 5€, and the rest of the night I spent It with 65€ in my bag).

When the bus driver during the trip to Tejeda saw I was the only one left in the bus, he obviously got curious and asked me about why I was going there and all that. I told him what I thought was happening in my house and what I was planning to do... And he suggested me that before doing any of that I genuiely should report my father to the police (and I did tell him basically what I told everyone on Discord and here about that idea, but he insisted the police here tends to be way more supportive), more so to help my mother and not let her alone on this. So yeah, I genuiely felt that even if my own desire to die in order to make all those people proud and happy was strong... My feelings of not wanting my mother to keep suffering with him were stronger. So I decided myself to do that before going on with anything.

I spent the whole night waiting for the police building to open, wandering around Tejeda and seeing everything closed... Until the building opened and I managed to call the two guards in charge at that moment.
They made me a lot of questions, they made a lot of calls, they even took me to urgencies at the health center of the place to see if I still had any parts hurt from that day.
At the health center, they suggested me to also call my mother to let her know I'm ok and all that, and so I did.

The rest of my time there I spent It waiting for my mother to arrive at the police office: I took out my Switch and played Deltarune Chapter 2, Tropical Freeze and a bit of Smash Bros, I drank a lot of water and I did talk with one of the policemen about videogames (he got quite interested about the Alex Kidd remake I had brought as apparently he had a Master System when he was young). At one point my pants got wet since I sitted in a place where I didn't notice there was water which fell from a leaf, so I had to put on me the yellow dress I had kept in one of my backpacks.

So yeah, my parents eventually arrived (my father was surprisingly worried and sad), and we had a peaceful conversation about everything on the way home. To my surprise my father was more ok than I expected with the dress, that was neat. My mother also explained me that I didn't have to worry that much about her and my father, as she perfectly knows to stand for herself and when to demand someone. My father was genuiely shocked at how I saw everything he did in such a dark way due to the lack of context.
... And then we all went to sleep at around 4am.

So yeah, It all was something. I feel slightly better, but I have been getting a good chunk of WhatsApp messages today and I'm kinda anxious right now due to how frequent they are coming.
And idk... I do feel kinda bad for the people who I couldn't finally make happy today. But oh well.

This post is probably gonna cause a lot to talk about with the people here, but I really don't have the energy to post much online today. So I feel I'm just gonna take the rest of the day to calm down and see how It all goes.
If anyone does want to directly talk to me to lend me a hand or anything doh, I guess that my Discord and Twitter PMs are free.
That's all, thanks to those who did read the whole thing.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Man ever since I started taking my meds I've been exhausted 24/7. I've been sleeping better but I've been functioning a lot less to the point I can barely even bring myself to play stuff.

D

Deleted member

Ok so I had left my house with the money my father had on his wallet (70€), some extra clothing, my Switch and some games to kill time during the trip and/or the night and of course without my phone so my father couldn't localize me. I had tried to contact my cousins (the female ones, not the male ones who made me feel like crap while watching Black Widow) to see if I could go with them, but they were unavailable and motivated me to stay home.

So I ended up leaving with either one of two objectives: either I went to the place of the island which I love the most (Tejeda) to find somewhere to stay and have at least a week of peace in the mountains... Or to die from starvation as a way to finally make my cousins (the male ones), my aunt, the Smashboards users who for all I know wish all the worst on me (Hinata, FlyBoy, Opossum, Idon, Will... Some more) and many other people on social medias Who seem to dislike me happy and free to do whatever they want to do (be It taking all my herency for their own good in the case of my aunt or feel the relief to do whatever they want to do again without having to be stressed or anxious over my presence anywhere in the case of the Smashboards users).

So yeah, I went to the main bus stop of my city at Triana and asked the people in charge for a train to Tejeda and they told me the next one wouldn't come until tomorrow... But that there was one going to San Mateo which went to a stop which did have a bus to Tejeda still available.
So I took the bus, made the trip to San Mateo and there I also took the bus to Tejeda (all together costed me less than 5€, and the rest of the night I spent It with 65€ in my bag).

When the bus driver during the trip to Tejeda saw I was the only one left in the bus, he obviously got curious and asked me about why I was going there and all that. I told him what I thought was happening in my house and what I was planning to do... And he suggested me that before doing any of that I genuiely should report my father to the police (and I did tell him basically what I told everyone on Discord and here about that idea, but he insisted the police here tends to be way more supportive), more so to help my mother and not let her alone on this. So yeah, I genuiely felt that even if my own desire to die in order to make all those people proud and happy was strong... My feelings of not wanting my mother to keep suffering with him were stronger. So I decided myself to do that before going on with anything.

I spent the whole night waiting for the police building to open, wandering around Tejeda and seeing everything closed... Until the building opened and I managed to call the two guards in charge at that moment.
They made me a lot of questions, they made a lot of calls, they even took me to urgencies at the health center of the place to see if I still had any parts hurt from that day.
At the health center, they suggested me to also call my mother to let her know I'm ok and all that, and so I did.

The rest of my time there I spent It waiting for my mother to arrive at the police office: I took out my Switch and played Deltarune Chapter 2, Tropical Freeze and a bit of Smash Bros, I drank a lot of water and I did talk with one of the policemen about videogames (he got quite interested about the Alex Kidd remake I had brought as apparently he had a Master System when he was young). At one point my pants got wet since I sitted in a place where I didn't notice there was water which fell from a leaf, so I had to put on me the yellow dress I had kept in one of my backpacks.

So yeah, my parents eventually arrived (my father was surprisingly worried and sad), and we had a peaceful conversation about everything on the way home. To my surprise my father was more ok than I expected with the dress, that was neat. My mother also explained me that I didn't have to worry that much about her and my father, as she perfectly knows to stand for herself and when to demand someone. My father was genuiely shocked at how I saw everything he did in such a dark way due to the lack of context.

So yeah, It all was something. I feel slightly better, but I have been getting a good chunk of WhatsApp messages today and I'm kinda anxious right now due to how frequent they are coming.
And idk... I do feel kinda bad for the people who I couldn't finally make happy today. But oh well.

This post is probably gonna cause a lot to talk about with the people here, but I really don't have the energy to post much online today. So I feel I'm just gonna take the rest of the day to calm down and see how It all goes.
If anyone does want to directly talk to me to lend me a hand or anything doh, I guess that my Discord and Twitter PMs are free.
Knowing how you've described your father to us, I was worried he would punish you severely for running away. Glad to see that's not the case.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Still wishing you the best but man your father just sounds unpredictable. Hope justice gets served to him eventually.

osby

Smash Obsessed

I'm glad you're OK. Take all the time to rest but you can always hit me up if you need to talk.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Yo one week until No Time To Die!

Gonna rewatch Spectre on Tuesday and I'll finally be ready. Depending if my friend is working or busy, I'll otherwise might see it with my dad at the show.

D

Deleted member

Now look at this net
That I just found
When I say go
Be ready to throw
GO!
Throw it on him, not me!
Ugh, let's try something else
Now watch and learn, here's the deal
He'll slip and slide on this banana peel!
Ha ha ha, gasp! what are you doing!????

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Happy Venom Day and have a Dreadful Carnage Night

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’m sure ZephyrZ ZephyrZ noticed this from Amphibia, but the death of Marcy was hinted way back in episode 6 of the 2nd season…and not once did I catch on to it until then

also idk why I wasted a spoiler tag when it’s pretty much well known at this point thanks to Disney promotion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom