• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Now I was gonna make a Cleveland Show but Mexican joke but what the actual **** dude.
You're right I probably shouldn't have brought that word up to begin with. Nevermind what I said.

You'd get what I mean though if even by just looking up the series, you're bound to come across it. It's the reason I just can't get into the show despite being the only decent show left on Nick...

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I'm just taking this exceptionally hard.

My dog of 17 years died last year, and now I don't know how many months my grandma has.

I don't remember my grandpa all too well, and the memories I do were of him basically in a vegetative state, so when he died, I wasn't too hurt by it... but this is like a knife's been stabbed into my chest. :drsad:
Dude I know how you feel all to well, considering I lost my dog a few months back. It really hits like a truck when it comes to loss. A part of me still feels missing from him gone and I feel a bit haunted that I wished I done something.

It does take time and you'll find ways to make it a bit easier. I'm terrible at advice but that's the best I can do.

You've nothing to feel sorry for to us.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'm just taking this exceptionally hard.

My dog of 17 years died last year, and now I don't know how many months my grandma has.

I don't remember my grandpa all too well, and the memories I do were of him basically in a vegetative state, so when he died, I wasn't too hurt by it... but this is like a knife's been stabbed into my chest. :drsad:
It's gonna take time. Lots and lots of time. But it will get better. I promise.

D

Deleted member

Ok, so the Disney+ Premier Access collection. It was an interesting experiment to say the least.
Basically Disney's attempt to get cash during pandemic periods, which eventually seems to have backfired due to the prices they ended up going with for these releases.
Now, I have been able to watch all the movies in the collection through various methods (which I'll comment about on the reviews for each individual movie).

So yeah, here is my ranking of what I like to call The Disney+ Premier Access collection

And now, the movies:

Quite complicated to choose actually. As I feel I really loved the first two movies in the ranking equally for various reasons. But in the end I feel I'm gonna go with...

Here we have an Adventure movie set in the Jungle and in the water, with a really fascinating main cast, incredible music and a plot which while nothing surprising managed to keep me fascinated and invested in the world. Basically the perfect formula to win me over.

I went to watch It with my friend from Lanzarote who I hadn't seen since January, and we both had the greatest time ever. Helps that It was the movie I saw after the fiasco which happened the month before (more on that later) so my experience was made greater.

Dwayne Johnson is at his best in this movie, as his role as Frank (lol, Frank De La Jungla for those from my country) has quite the highlights. More specifically the scene where he tells Emily Blunt's character his true past where they even play this banger of a theme:

Emily Blunt and the actor playing her brother do It great too, and the dynamic between the former and Dwayne Johnson turned out way better than I was expecting.
Not to mention the villains, who all do jobs which while may not become iconic or legendary, they did make for some really satisfying ones.

If I had to give a score to this movie, It would be an 8.

I don't care what anyone else says, I loved this movie.

It was the second movie I went to watch with someone after Mortal Kombat. And I went to watch It with a friend who I made back in college who helped me out a lot when all the shady stuff going on there happened. We had a really great time, and most importantly It was the first step in helping me expand my contacts and meet new people.

All the actors did a great job in my eyes, the costume design was just too incredible, the soundtrack not only has really classic music which fits the tone of the respective scenes but the original tracks are also incredible. The highlight easily being this one:

Emma Stone and the two guys playing her partners in crime do a really satisfying team, Emma Thompson while overacting in some scenes clearly is having a great time playing the villain and I just love how the movie even manages to pull out some little nods not just to the original animated classic (with references such as the line of "every dog resembles their owner") but even the Genn Close movies.

The only bad thing if anything, is that the movie can get to abuse the CGI too much and It doesn't look that great. But thankfully just like in Black Panther the wonderful acting and the great set design help this movie hold up better.

As I said earlier, I liked this movie as much as Jungle Cruise so I'll give It an 8

This movie... Was ok.

As I said earlier I didn't see this movie on cinemas as it didn't release on the cinemas of my island (just in really specific theaters in the rest of Spain), so I had to wait for the general Disney+ release.
I saw It with my uncles and the experience was fine. My uncles were being assholes as usual the whole way through, but It is what It is.

The movie itself is alright: has some really nice animation, the character designs are neat, the music can be cool and Raya herself is good for a main character.
However, I feel that this movie did play It safe compared to past stuff such as Moana.
It's not as bad as Ralph Breaks The Internet, but I'd say to not go in expecting something mind-blowing.

It's fun doh, I'd say It is worth the watch.
Gonna give It a 6.

What
Happened
Here

Ok, this one's gonna be complicated so bear with me.
I went to watch this movie with my cousins. I was wanting this to be the perfect moment: I would watch It with my cousins, have a great time with them and all while remembering all the good times we had together in the past... Boy did that backfire in such an awful way.

Not gonna go into too many details as a lot of stuff could even need trigger warnings, but let's just say that my cousins made me have the worst time of my life, all while making me feel like trash.
When I left them and went home with my mother I was genuiely crying, It went THAT bad. I haven't talked or even wanted to see my cousins ever since because the experience was that awful.

As for the movie itself... It was fine.
Your usual action movie (lots of explosions, not much plot shenanigans and the villain was just a villain), I was really hoping more for something close to Falcon & The Winter Soldier in terms of writing but It is what It is.
I need to say that some scenes made my head hurt because they had those shaky camera effects, so yeah if you have trouble with that as I do watch out.

From the highlights, I'd say Yelena and the Red Guardian were neat and interesting characters. Hopefully we get a Disney+ show with them or something which goes deeper into their shenanigans.
Taskmaster was a neat idea on paper but I feel they really should have made the character able to talk. The design he had was cool.

But yeah, I'm sorry but this is just a Coco situation for me. I can't separate the movie from all the shady stuff which happened while I was watching it, so I really can't think of the movie on its own as It all makes me remember how bad It all went with my cousins.
Gonna give this movie a 5. Watch It if you are really into action movies with tons of explosions.

I feel we all saw this one coming.

A movie which doesn't respect any of the messages from the original movie, filled with way too many controversies and which fails awfully at being the "mature and darker" take It was being sold as.

I saw this movie pirated, not only because It didn't come to theaters but also because I didn't want to pay for It seeing all the controversies behind It.

Gonna give this one a 1, legit just watch the original movie instead if you ask me.

So yeah, that was the ranking. Hopefully none of you felt bad with the thoughts I shared, and It was an enjoyable read for the ones who did check.

Well, gonna go drink some water and leave my phone somewhere to take a break from typing so much.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
But then watch as Loud House grows more popular Lincoln replaces Spongebob.

Still pray for that day.
with the amount of grown people who knows Spongebob more…and with TMNT and Avatar still being overall more popular than Lincoln (shoot the people who reacted to NASB didn’t know who he was whatsoever)…Tommy has a better chance in becoming the head of the table again
My question is how the **** does the Loud House have HALF as many episodes as Spongebob when it's been on the air for less than quarter of Spongebob's runtime
it’s easier to make episodes for both series since the animation is cheaper or something (not South Park cheap, but still)
Now I was gonna make a Cleveland Show but Mexican joke but what the actual **** dude.
if it makes things worse, those shippings are a legit thing via the…rules that goes past 33…

I don’t control the internet, but I shall blame GOT for it being a thing

Noipoi

Howdy!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 328209
After making it past the bird-brained security guard, it’s time to put the ultimate plan into action!

View attachment 328210
View attachment 328211
View attachment 328212
The plan worked! But we’re not in the clear just yet. Now it’s time to fight!

How will that work out? Find out next time!
Early access to Deltarune Chapter 2

What would that make it, Beta Alpha Minus 2?

D

Deleted member

View attachment 328209
After making it past the bird-brained security guard, it’s time to put the ultimate plan into action!

View attachment 328210
View attachment 328211
View attachment 328212

Haha I love it :239:

although I was kinda hoping you would make a reference to my Hero deck somehow tbh

Last edited by a moderator:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
View attachment 328209

View attachment 328210
View attachment 328211
View attachment 328212

Talent.

Just pure talent.

Just pure, pure talent.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 328209

View attachment 328210
View attachment 328211
View attachment 328212

This part is too real:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, when played with it's OG set up, the game isn't as poorly aged. I think a lot of the mindset that it has aged poorly comes from people playing with updated controllers that lack the C-Buttons or an octagonal gate on the analog stick: The game feels a lot better with these things.
Which is why, IMO, even though I know it’s never gonna happen in a billion years, I think Nintendo should just launch “N64: Classics Reborn”. Just a full line of N. Same style remakes of all the notable N64 games. And third party companies can also be like “can you do our game too?” or “we remade our game, can it be a part of this line?” as just an ongoing thing for the foreseeable future. Just versions for the switch that fix the controls and done archaic elements and can either be resold or played with backwards compatibility.

Shroob

Sup?
View attachment 328209

View attachment 328210
View attachment 328211
View attachment 328212

This comic really is amazing lol.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
View attachment 328209

View attachment 328210
View attachment 328211
View attachment 328212

I love it so much.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 328209

View attachment 328210
View attachment 328211
View attachment 328212

This is amazing so far, I can’t stop laughing.

Keep up the good work! 👍

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Btw, Spongebob will never be dethroned.

He's at the levels of Mickey Mouse, Mario, Garfield, and the Looney Toons.

Immortal icons.
closest to Spongebob being dethroned would be if his cousin Stanley pulled a Superior Spider-Man on him

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
View attachment 328209

View attachment 328210
View attachment 328211
View attachment 328212

This is getting better with each page, lol.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
I love it when I got robo calls that start off with "Hello! Please don't hang up."
Maybe all the robot wants is too know what true friendship is and your it’s only lifeline to knowing what it would be like to have emotions and to be closer to humanity

And if that’s true it’s emotionally weak so you need to find it and strike before it initiates the takeover of the machines

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 328209

View attachment 328210
View attachment 328211
View attachment 328212

This is good. Really funny. I can’t wait to see how this goes on because it funny.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Is there any sort of known regularity yo Microsoft or Sony presentations? Like how Nintendo tends to do at least one every quarter. They just have so many franchises I like that I will always eagerly watch each presentation they do hoping for tablescraps.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Playing Title Defense on Punch Out Wii and Glass Joe and King Hippo took me multiple tries. If that's how tough the Minor Circuit was, I'd hate to see how tougher the other circuits have gotten.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Spongebob, Patrick, and Squidward all being more friendly together is always a great time

D

Deleted member

Honestly Noipoi Noipoi , I am really excited to see what you do with me in the comic. Cause honestly, yeah, sometimes I kind of deserve to be made fun of. I’m particularly interested in seeing why I am one of Sakurai’s guards. Like… what did he offer me? I’m intrigued.
I'm just so excited to finally see someone in this whole site actually writing and designing me based on who I am nowadays rather than as the toxic person who I was back when I joined.

It is a breath of fresh air if you get what I mean. To have someone writing me as someone who isn't an edgy hater of everything who is obsessed with a really specific thing.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm just so excited to finally see someone in this whole site actually writing and designing me based on who I am nowadays rather than as the toxic person who I was back when I joined.

It is a breath of fresh air if you get what I mean. To have someone writing me as someone who isn't an edgy hater of everything who is obsessed with a really specific thing.
Lol same. I’m half expecting that underneath that power armor you’re probably wearing like… a FF uniform or Dragon Quest cloths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom