• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
From what little I've read, it seems that that's how the devs designed it.

I have...No idea why they thought that was a good idea, but yeah, that seems to be the case. I'll tinker with it more and let you know what I find.
Thing is, if you could get out of new game + at will, that wouldn't be a problem.

But once you do, you can't go back to the start of the game. If it's really the only option to play FM, then it's a really weird lack of foresight.

Whatever happen next, I wish you good luck, pal.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Whether directly or undirectly: Chadwick Boseman turned out to be a really big role model for a lot of people. And I deeply enough of them get to achieve as many great things as he did back when he was still with us.
It is like you just said, Chadwick Boseman especially when he was the Black Panther had been a real inspiration to a lot of people especially to the younger generation. Just take a look at how these people were thankful to Chadwick and what it means to them when he surprised them within the Jimmy Fallon show:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Thing is, if you could get out of new game + at will, that wouldn't be a problem.

But once you do, you can't go back to the start of the game. If it's really the only option to play FM, then it's a really weird lack of foresight.

Whatever happen next, I wish you good luck, pal.
Looks like Steam Cloud doesn't back up saves for OneShot, and I have no physical backup of my old OS save sooooo

EvxNMqEXYAUOrMC.jpg

Yeah I'm gonna have to figure something out lol

I got too many games on my plate atm to dedicate 5+ hours to fully beating OneShot right now, so I might have to put this on the backburner.

My brother might have a Solstice save I can copy, I'll check in a bit if he still has it, but oooooooffffff not a good first impression.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Looks like Steam Cloud doesn't back up saves for OneShot, and I have no physical backup of my old OS save sooooo

View attachment 328166

Yeah I'm gonna have to figure something out lol

I got too many games on my plate atm to dedicate 5+ hours to fully beating OneShot right now, so I might have to put this on the backburner.

My brother might have a Solstice save I can copy, I'll check in a bit if he still has it, but oooooooffffff not a good first impression.
Yeeeeeeea
brad why.png

It stink.

But hey, at least I got more time for other games I got, sooo, no pressure here.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So I just finished watching all 10 episodes of Primal.

What a ride that was. The ending of episode 10 has me wanting more!

Favorite episode definitely had to be Plague of Madness followed by A Cold Death.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Evening ****lords.

Ain't gonna be active tonight really.

Really blitzing through the final stretch of Scarlet Nexus and my eyes are dry as ****, been playing it for like 8 hours straight plus a detour to Ghost. Time for a break for Chicken Nuggets.

Applaud my idiocy!

That is all.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Sweet, I got Lillie on my first pull. 1% chance. Lets go! Also got Nessa from my last free 10 scout ticket.

There goes all of my luck for Steven and N.

Attachments

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
So a few years back, in 2016 to be exact, me and my family went on a trip to Dublin, Ireland. My dad got a Pokemon Go account, I didn't have my own yet, so we enjoyed a bit of Pokemon Go while we were there.

Fast foward to last week, I was looking for a Lucky Flareon I used during a Raid Battle, as I remembered using it prior and wanted to tag it for later. As I did that, I noticed it was from 2016, and knowing how few 2016 mons me and my Dad still had, I went to check it's catch place and lo and behold, it was one of the Pokemon we caught on that trip to Dublin years back. I didn't think we had any mons from there left. Seems my dad traded it to me back when Luckies were introduced and we were trying to get some, with neither of us realizing the significance of the Flareon at the time.

So I guess that Flareon is technically one of a kind now. Gonna make sure I take good care of him. Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I actually went ahead and beat Fungi Forest’s boss so I could skip ahead and get the last potions from Cranky so I wouldn’t have to backtrack to this level just for one ****ing banana. Because of that I am almost completely finished with Fungi Forest. Just one more banana and I’ll have anything in the level. Overall… probably my favorite level in the game. Sure, switching day and night is a pain, but the level is really charming and memorable. Almost reminds me of a Banjo-Kazooie level…. I wonder why?

MooMew64

Remember that N64 USB controller I bought?

It works with the Switch, but the way the Switch interprets its button layout is weird.

The C buttons are read like X, Y, Star, and Select.

Start is Home.

and then the rest work as expected.

It's super funky and like, 99% of the library is unplayable with the lack of a second stick, but it's still funny.

I'm playing Smash with it atm and it's surprisingly not uncomfortable? C-buttons being read as face buttons means now C-Stick shenanigans, but that is surprisingly not a big hinderance.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Sweet, I got Lillie on my first pull. 1% chance. Lets go! Also got Nessa from my last free 10 scout ticket.

There goes all of my luck for Steven and N.
Nice, congrats. I unfortunately didn’t get her yet after like 12k gems. Hoping to get her next multi so I stand a shot at Steven.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Okay, I dunno if this is a hot take or anything, but...

Mario 64's camera?

When you use it with the controller it was originally designed for, it actually does not feel bad.
I actually think it would have been better on both the Switch and the Wii U if you had been able to re-map the camera to the D-pad. But thee is no way to do this that I can find.

MooMew64

I actually think it would have been better on both the Switch and the Wii U if you had been able to re-map the camera to the D-pad. But thee is no way to do this that I can find.
Yeah, when played with it's OG set up, the game isn't as poorly aged. I think a lot of the mindset that it has aged poorly comes from people playing with updated controllers that lack the C-Buttons or an octagonal gate on the analog stick: The game feels a lot better with these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom