• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I actually think it would have been better on both the Switch and the Wii U if you had been able to re-map the camera to the D-pad. But thee is no way to do this that I can find.
You can remap buttons on Wii U virtual console games.

I had to do that with DK64 to stop messing up with things mapped to the right stick by default.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Damn.

I was meant to play and finish Scarlet Nexus but had a great character idea. I'll post it out in the open, anyone caught copying word for word this will be BEEEEEEEEEEEP!. Not the users of course.

So in a nutshell I'm making my own version of Gilgamesh from FF in a way. A wanderer of the worlds who'd appear in like non-canon of my stories and fanfiction if I ever get round to doing it. He's 100s of years old and loves nothing more than the fight and a good meal.

His routine is always the same but he loves it.

He travels to a random world with a portal device, fights people he can sense with a good heart and if they beat him he offers them to feast with him. Loves telling stories the most and is pretty humble with a good sense of humour. He's spends no more than a few days in any world and fights with the same no matter the technology in it.

However if doesn't feel satisfied with a fight or senses someone really going to kill him, he wipes their memories out of disgust. It could be said he is from a higher order of all the worlds but not really.

It's rough idea I had but after thinking about something clever for a story crossover between mine and Wademan94 Wademan94 's characters as my way of thanks to him, thought it would be cool to have.

Tagging Lamperouge Lamperouge , Noipoi Noipoi and @Jotadé for this on their thoughts.

By the way this character I'm not too bothered getting nicked by some lazy **** who can't think for themselves.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Damn.

I was meant to play and finish Scarlet Nexus but had a great character idea. I'll post it out in the open, anyone caught copying word for word this will be BEEEEEEEEEEEP!. Not the users of course.

So in a nutshell I'm making my own version of Gilgamesh from FF in a way. A wanderer of the worlds who'd appear in like non-canon of my stories and fanfiction if I ever get round to doing it. He's 100s of years old and loves nothing more than the fight and a good meal.

He travels to a random world with a portal device, fights people he can sense with a good heart and if they beat him he offers them to feast with him. Loves telling stories the most and is pretty humble with a good sense of humour. He's spends no more than a few days in any world and fights with the same no matter the technology in it.

However if doesn't feel satisfied with a fight or senses someone really going to kill him, he wipes their memories out of disgust. It could be said he is from a higher order of all the worlds but not really.

It's rough idea I had but after thinking about something clever for a story crossover between mine and Wademan94 Wademan94 's characters as my way of thanks to him, thought it would be cool to have.

Tagging Lamperouge Lamperouge , Noipoi Noipoi and @Jotadé for this on their thoughts.

By the way this character I'm not too bothered getting nicked by some lazy **** who can't think for themselves.
I mean, it’s a cool idea.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Damn.

An otherworldly traveller who lives for the thrill of the fight with honest people? Sounds alright to me.

The memory wipe deal is also pretty interesting. Makes me wonder just how far the battle has to go for him to be satisfied enough with it.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
an impressive accomplishment for the Loud family

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
an impressive accomplishment for the Loud family
I pray for a day that Loud House surpasses Spongebob and gets it cancelled putting it down as the dying milk cow it is.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So after making a rough draft of said character earlier ended up reading To Your Eternity since I was curious about where the anime will end on and one of the characters is an inspiration for it.

As someone who has watched stuff like Re:Zero, Madoka Magica, Made in Abyss, Wonder Egg Priority, Saga of Tanya the Evil etc. To Your Eternity is probably one of the most depressing things I've seen and read.

It just hits different when the main character is actually immortal and sees people die from monsters that ****ing feed off him for power.

I've heard Land of the Lustrous is another example of that but I'll read more of that first.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Just because you don't enjoy it anymore doesn't mean it needs to be "put down". Younger audiences will continue to be drawn to it for years to come.
Show has been running for 20+ years now. There comes a time and a place when a show should end.

Hell it never should have gone on for this long. This, The Simpsons and Family Guy.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know now that Disney alledgedly has ended their whole Premier Access thing for Disney+, I'm feeling tempted to make a post where I rank all the movies in this potential "Premier Access collection" as I would call It as I happened to watch all the movies on cinemas (except Mulan which I saw pirated and Raya & The Last Dragon which didn't get released in theaters where I live and had to wait for the Disney+ open release).

Just for fun, and so the three people who have been missing me these past months get to check on what I thought of the movies I saw back then.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I pray for a day that Loud House surpasses Spongebob and gets it cancelled putting it down as the dying milk cow it is.
I think you forget Spongebob being one of the biggest mascot icons today, and the man that carries ViacomCBS as a whole
Just because you don't enjoy it anymore doesn't mean it needs to be "put down". Younger audiences will continue to be drawn to it for years to come.
you say that like adults aren’t gonna be drawn by it still. That damn sponge, past/present/future, will always have us under his control

which reminds me…Squidward is apparently great at role playing and managed to woo the heart of Bubble Bass’s mother (cause of course the chad would)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I think you forget Spongebob being one of the biggest mascot icons today, and the man that carries ViacomCBS as a whole

you say that like adults aren’t gonna be drawn by it still. That damn sponge, past/present/future, will always have us under his control
But then watch as Loud House grows more popular Lincoln replaces Spongebob.

Still pray for that day.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hey y'all.

Sorry for being such a downer last night and draggin' y'all into my own personal issues.

:drsad:
Dude, don’t even worry about it.

That’s what friends are for.

How many pages do you plan on having?
I dunno, how ever many it takes until it’s done.

I don’t plan on it being too long though.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Hey y'all.

Sorry for being such a downer last night and draggin' y'all into my own personal issues.

You don't have to apologize man. Here in the Social Thread, even if we can't properly help someone out, we do like to support someone going through something.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Joy I just can't wait for Nick to give Squidward his own show disrespecting Hillenburg even more than ever as he continues to roll in his grave.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I'm just taking this exceptionally hard.

My dog of 17 years died last year, and now I don't know how many months my grandma has.

I don't remember my grandpa all too well, and the memories I do were of him basically in a vegetative state, so when he died, I wasn't too hurt by it... but this is like a knife's been stabbed into my chest. :drsad:

D

Deleted member

I'm just taking this exceptionally hard.

My dog of 17 years died last year, and now I don't know how many months my grandma has.

I don't remember my grandpa all too well, and the memories I do were of him basically in a vegetative state, so when he died, I wasn't too hurt by it... but this is like a knife's been stabbed into my chest. :drsad:
I can understand how you feel.

Losing a loved one is one thing, but knowing you’re about to lose them, and having no control over it..... ignorance really can be bliss sometimes.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
My question is how the **** does the Loud House have HALF as many episodes as Spongebob when it's been on the air for less than quarter of Spongebob's runtime
It's just that popular apparently.

Popular to the point it even got its own spin-off in 2019 with Ronnie Anne and that was just 3 years after The Loud House debuted. Let that sink in...

I probably blame the popularity though on the fact of its premise of a boy with ten sisters which is bound for incest shipping. Cringe

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Hey y'all.

Dude, you have absolutely nothing to apologize for. I can't imagine how hard it is for you and your family right now.

Again, man, I seriously wish and pray the best for you and your family through all this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom