• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Lol same. I’m half expecting that underneath that power armor you’re probably wearing like… a FF uniform or Dragon Quest cloths.
Nah, in the comic Noi just posted I was outside the armour and I was just wearing a normal dress which is cool.

Wouldn't mind a Dragon Quest reference, but if I see anything about the Fantastic Four or Marvel in general It better be a really small thing and not what this site wrongly thinks is my whole personality.

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
for big fans of Rise of the TMNT like Wademan94 Wademan94 …movie has likely been delayed to next year

edited edit: I discorded

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I'm watching the TRG Colosseum Sticker Star bonus stream, and it's got me thinking; did Nintendo ever deliver a statement in regards to the hostile fan reception to the changes made from that game going onward? Considering how hated it was (plus the tanking of Color Splash, especially for a Wii U game), I feel like some sort of PR statement would be necessary.

Edit; you wanna watch, here you go.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'm watching the TRG Colosseum Sticker Star bonus stream, and it's got me thinking; did Nintendo ever deliver a statement in regards to the hostile fan reception to the changes made from that game going onward? Considering how hated it was (plus the tanking of Color Splash, especially for a Wii U game), I feel like some sort of PR statement would be necessary.

Edit; you wanna watch, here you go.
SS was the best selling PM game at the time iirc, so there was no need to release a statement. The closest we got was that they didn't find out that people hated Sticker Star until Color Splash was nearly done, and they promised to do something different.

Don't let the propaganda fool you btw, Color Splash bombed mainly because it was a 2016 Wii U game

D

Deleted member

SS was the best selling PM game at the time iirc, so there was no need to release a statement. The closest we got was that they didn't find out that people hated Sticker Star until Color Splash was nearly done, and they promised to do something different.

Don't let the propaganda fool you btw, Color Splash bombed mainly because it was a 2016 Wii U game
Yeah, iirc Colour Splash was the last main Nintendo Wii U game for a while at least until BotW (could be wrong doh).

So yes, It wasn't gonna sell that well no matter the outcome.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
those Jackochallenges tho…no way that’s good for anybody’s spine

BlondeLombax

Smash Master

I wasn't sure which of these clips to use to respond, thanks to essentially being the same...

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
This stream is showcasing to me just ow much is just borderline fundamentally wrong Sticker Star is, despite having never played it myself;
  1. An all-item battle system that barely provides any worthwhile rewards
  2. Boss fights with a heavier reliance of the dungeon/chapter items than Zelda
  3. Enemies respawn every time you change screens. Stickers don't.
  4. Adding onto 1, severely limited inventory space that only expands with every boss cleared
  5. And even then, the stickers and their sizes eat up your inventory, so you're out of luck if you want a lot of specific kinds of stickers
  6. A lot of the puzzles are convoluted; you'd likely never know about them without a guide (a bit like Chulip, but not nearly as interesting)

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Boss fights with a heavier reliance of the dungeon/chapter items than Zelda
I once beat the first boss of Sticker Star without using the thing to make it easier and the game said something along the lines of "that was a tough battle, you should have found the thing to make it easier".

To this day I have yet to beat Sticker Star.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
And the first character design for the comic is DONE!
View attachment 328192
Noipoi Noipoi MooMew64 MooMew64 Metal Shop X Metal Shop X @Jotadé Wademan94 Wademan94
He look soooooooooo good.

Good job on everyone that worked on him.
After making it past the bird-brained security guard, it’s time to put the ultimate plan into action!

The plan worked! But we’re not in the clear just yet. Now it’s time to fight!

How will that work out? Find out next time!
BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh.

This is so accurate, it hurt.

Like early access to Dread? Eh, that be nice, BUT MOTHER****ING EARLY ACCESS TO DELTARUNE CHAPTER 2?!?!

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Alright, WARNING: GONNA TALK ABOUT DREAD TRAILERS, SO SPOILERS AHEAD.

For everyone that saw the latest trailer, I think we're all good on the point that this big bird is no good.
nrnkg1d1fxj71.jpg

However, This could be the second Chozo that we have seen this far, 'cuz if you remember the little teaser Nintendo put out a while ago, you might remember this fella.
Screen Shot 08-29-21 at 10.09 AM.PNG

While it's possible those two are the same Chozo, considering how different they look and the fact he bow to Samus (or at least show respect to her) & the flashback show them apart, I think this Chozo is gonna be a ally or at least be less evil than big bad bird with a canon shotgun over here.

But yeah, what do you guys think? (here's the teaser for whose who ask for it)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Alright, WARNING: GONNA TALK ABOUT DREAD TRAILERS, SO SPOILERS AHEAD.

For everyone that saw the latest trailer, I think we're all good on the point that this big bird is no good.
View attachment 328225
However, This could be the second Chozo that we have seen this far, 'cuz if you remember the little teaser Nintendo put out a while ago, you might remember this fella.
View attachment 328226
While it's possible those two are the same Chozo, considering how different they look and the fact he bow to Samus (or at least show respect to her), I think this Chozo is gonna be a ally or at least be less evil than big bad bird with a canon shotgun over here.

But yeah, what do you guys think? (here's the teaser for whose who ask for it)
Based on the teaser we got back in Samus Returns with the 100% chozo memory, I feel that the armed Chozos are gonna be part of a community or group which go for violent methods while the non-armed ones are defenderse of peaceful manners and attitudes.

And it is possible that Dread is gonna give us an in-depth look at both sides of this Chozo social conflict of sorts.

D

Deleted member

I'm gonna be honest. Hearing how Crash and Master Chief are the only good ways to end Ultimate, again and again, is making me actively not want them in the game.
Reminds me of that one Discord server I used to be in where everyone was claiming Dante was a lock and never shut up about It.

I feel bad for ya, as I can imagine how repetitive It must feel.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Based on the teaser we got back in Samus Returns with the 100% chozo memory, I feel that the armed Chozos are gonna be part of a community or group which go for violent methods while the non-armed ones are defenderse of peaceful manners and attitudes.

And it is possible that Dread is gonna give us an in-depth look at both sides of this Chozo social conflict of sorts.
Yeah, lots of peoples are saying a civil war between The Peaceful & Warrior Chozo is gonna happen in Dread. (after it already happened once in the past)

Which you know, as someone who was cool with the Chozo being those mysterious beings that we didn't know much but truly wanted to help the galaxy & Samus in her quests, it is a really nice change of pace that could make the Chozo much more interesting as a species overall.

That and it make up for the fact Other M basically ignored their existence in all way, not even a Torizo cameo'd.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, lots of peoples are saying a civil war between The Peaceful & Warrior Chozo is gonna happen in Dread. (after it already happened once in the past)

Which you know, as someone who was cool with the Chozo being those mysterious beings that we didn't know much but truly wanted to help the galaxy & Samus in her quests, it is a really nice change of pace that could make the Chozo much more interesting as a species overall.

That and it make up for the fact Other M basically ignored their existence in all way, not even a Torizo cameo'd.
Yeah, I honestly feel that Dread finally bringing up deeper stuff about the Chozo was a proper way to continue the lore after so long.

The whole thing about Chozo culture has been a constant question mark throught the games, as we just know they were great at building and creating both life and technology, but never truly got to know about all the purposes they had.

I could even see Dread finally answering stuff such as why do the Torizo statues tend to attack Samus and such.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yeah, I honestly feel that Dread finally bringing up deeper stuff about the Chozo was a proper way to continue the lore after so long.

The whole thing about Chozo culture has been a constant question mark throught the games, as we just know they were great at building and creating both life and technology, but never truly got to know about all the purposes they had.

I could even see Dread finally answering stuff such as why do the Torizo statues tend to attack Samus and such.
If they do a good job with the Chozo in this game, I be pretty cool with the Evil Chozo becoming the new BIG bad of Metroid, instead of the Space Pirates.

Don't get me wrong, I love the SP, Ridley is and always be my man, but Metroid can't rely forever on the same couple of baddies if it want to evolve it's story & not fall into the "Green Hill Zone Effect" AKA easy nostalgia that contribute not much at best, or at worst, detract from the game itself. (Which Other M already showed side effect of this effect)

Other exemple would be the Mega Man X series, which try to be serious in it's storytelling compared ot the Classic, but Sigma somehow always come back with little to no reasons, which end up being more of a joke after a while. (that and the space pirate have been apparantly completely wiped out, with Ridley being more dead than dead at this point)

Again, it all depend at how Big Bad Chozo live up to the hype, but if he does, I could see a bright future ahead for game post-Dread. Especially since Dread is like the "final" of Samus Arc and the beginning of a new one.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If they do a good job with the Chozo in this game, I be pretty cool with the Evil Chozo becoming the new BIG bad of Metroid, instead of the Space Pirates.

Don't get me wrong, I love the SP, Ridley is and always be my man, but Metroid can't rely forever on the same couple of baddies if it want to evolve it's story & not fall into the "Green Hill Zone Effect" AKA easy nostalgia that contribute not much at best, or at worst, detract from the game itself. (Which Other M already showed side effect of this effect)

Other exemple would be the Mega Man X series, which try to be serious in it's storytelling compared ot the Classic, but Sigma somehow always come back with little to no reasons, which end up being more of a joke after a while. (that and the space pirate have been apparantly completely wiped out, with Ridley being more dead than dead at this point)

Again, it all depend at how Big Bad Chozo live up to the hype, but if he does, I could see a bright future ahead for game post-Dread. Especially since Dread is like the "final" of Samus Arc and the beginning of a new one.
Honestly, I completely agree.

It would be a great way to finish the Metroid Saga as Sakamoto called it, and maybe if Dread sells well enough the beginning of a series of games about Samus handling the problem of the Evil Chozo.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
G'morning
View attachment 328209
After making it past the bird-brained security guard, it’s time to put the ultimate plan into action!

View attachment 328210
View attachment 328211
View attachment 328212

This is hilarious. Looking forward to seeing how you'll handle me.
I'd also like to be tagged moving forward, if it's not too much of a hassle,

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Honestly I can't stop thinking about Dread, looks absolutely perfect as MercurySteam not only decided to adress issues with Samus Returns, namely it's slow pacing, do interesting story **** that everyone's happy with, managing to make crazy ass abilities and most importantly, take notes from every MetroidVania that came out in the last 20 years to make sure it's got a good feel, I really hope this somehow manages to sell 3 million

D

Deleted member

Honestly I can't stop thinking about Dread, looks absolutely perfect as MercurySteam not only decided to adress issues with Samus Returns, namely it's slow pacing, do interesting story **** that everyone's happy with, managing to make crazy ass abilities and most importantly, take notes from every MetroidVania that came out in the last 20 years to make sure it's got a good feel, I really hope this somehow manages to sell 3 million
I feel confident that It is probably gonna sell quite better than the most recent Metroid titles.

The Switch install-base is really strong (even comparable to the Wii), the marketing Nintendo is giving to the game is the strongest they have given to the series in these past years and the game is getting preordered from left to right in all kinds of stores.
So yeah, feeling really positive about the sales of this title.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So, I read some Lancer lines as practice, and... I'm actually kinda happy with how it turned out!

He look soooooooooo good.

Good job on everyone that worked on him.
Thanks so much! Both me and HaikuHello designed him, so that was fun to collaborate on. It was mostly them, though, haha.

So, I read some Lancer lines as practice, and... I'm actually kinda happy with how it turned out!
View attachment 328209

View attachment 328210
View attachment 328211
View attachment 328212

ANOTHER BALLER COMIC MY GUY.

Anyway, how much for MooMew64 MooMew64 to set this as his pfp?
1630234872815.png

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Thanks so much! Both me and HaikuHello designed him, so that was fun to collaborate on. It was mostly them, though, haha.

ANOTHER BALLER COMIC MY GUY.

Anyway, how much for MooMew64 MooMew64 to set this as his pfp?
View attachment 328229
I feel like you readed some Lancer lines as practice, and...you were actually kinda happy about it.

For real tho, from what I heard, hope it isn't too much for your throat if you voice him for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom