• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I feel like you readed some Lancer lines as practice, and...you were actually kinda happy about it.

For real tho, from what I heard, hope it isn't too much for your throat if you voice him for a while.
I have no clue why that part sent twice. :drshrug:

But yeah, the voice doesn't really hurt. If ya do voices like that for a while, your throat kinda builds a tolerance to it. Plus I've been able to find a way to do it without hurting my throat, luckily.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is really random, but have ya'll ever thought about how messed up the 101 Dalmatians timeline is?

Like, for one side there's the original animated movie and years later they made 101 Dalmatians 2 which takes place right after it. That on its own is fine.

Then we have the early 2000s cartoon series, which at first seems like a direct sequel to those... But then It turns out this whole show takes place all of a sudden in the USA instead of London. Basically making this whole show an alternate reality. Not to mention the fact that now Cruella lives close to Roger's and Anita's farm instead of Evil Hall.

And then we have the two Genn Close movies, which do take place in Britain but now in the mid 90s where now Roger makes videogames instead of music. And 102 Dalmatians is basically different from 101 Dalmatians 2 so It is its whole separate timeline.

After that we have that new 101 Dalmatian Street show which I haven't seen, but from the clips I've seen apparently It takes many years after the original movie and somehow Cruella managed to stay alive while Pongo and Perdita are seemingly MIA.

And finally, we have Cruella where It reimagines a lot of the origins and connections between characters.

Woah

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
This is really random, but have ya'll ever thought about how messed up the 101 Dalmatians timeline is?

Like, for one side there's the original animated movie and years later they made 101 Dalmatians 2 which takes place right after it. That on its own is fine.

Then we have the early 2000s cartoon series, which at first seems like a direct sequel to those... But then It turns out this whole show takes place all of a sudden in the USA instead of London. Basically making this whole show an alternate reality. Not to mention the fact that now Cruella lives close to Roger's and Anita's farm instead of Evil Hall.

And then we have the two Genn Close movies, which do take place in Britain but now in the mid 90s where now Roger makes videogames instead of music. And 102 Dalmatians is basically different from 101 Dalmatians 2 so It is its whole separate timeline.

After that we have that new 101 Dalmatian Street show which I haven't seen, but from the clips I've seen apparently It takes many years after the original movie and somehow Cruella managed to stay alive while Pongo and Perdita are seemingly MIA.

And finally, we have Cruella where It reimagines a lot of the origins and connections between characters.

Woah
Wow, that is something. Almost didn’t think of that before.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Me deciding to have a check at employers who got back to me with CV.

"Hey would you like a job as a sales assistant?"

VWc0sNj.jpg

**** off.

"Hey would you like a job as a cashier?"

Ohhhhhhhhh.jpg

I'm never working in retail or with food. I'm not interested you idiots.

Man, it feels weird to think we’re in the final stretch of Ultimate’s dlc cycle.

I’ll miss ya’ll when this is all over, honestly.
Eh, given the closeness I think it'll be around Halloween when it'll all die down on the social thread.

I'm gonna try keep in contact with some of you guys for the months and like a year ahead or something hopefully.

D

Deleted member

Ok people, I think I have figured It out. I have decoded the 101 Dalmatians timeline:

Ok, so Cruella is the OoT of this timeline. From that movie comes the three variations of the similar events. And these three timelines consist of:

-The Classic Timeline: this timeline takes place 10 years after the events of Cruella where the character aged really fast and became insane with age, losing all ownership of her mother's company. The original 101 Dalmatians kicks in this timeline, which is quickly followed by 101 Dalmatians 2 and then years after the timeline continues in the future with 101 Dalmatians Street.

-The Glenn Close timeline: this is an alternate reality where Cruella took longer to fall into deep insanity and managed to take full control of her mother's company. Somehow Roger dropped out of music as he found a better career in videogames and Anita decided to go work for Cruella after all the events which transpired. This timeline is made up by 101 Dalmatians and 102 Dalmatians.

-The USA timeline: this timeline features a weird variation of the events from the classic timeline, where at some point the main Cast from Cruella decided to move from London to the USA and Cruella never got the restraining order during the seemingly events from the classic movie. This timeline is made up only by the early 2000s cartoon and maybe the alternate version of 101 Dalmatians which may have took place in the USA on this timeline.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
View attachment 328209
After making it past the bird-brained security guard, it’s time to put the ultimate plan into action!

View attachment 328210
View attachment 328211
View attachment 328212
The plan worked! But we’re not in the clear just yet. Now it’s time to fight!

How will that work out? Find out next time!
Me and Noipoi rolling up in the Poke Car is ****ing amazing.

Anyways, this is getting better every page. :popcorn:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
AKA a movie where it expects us to root for a vile woman that skins dogs for fur coats for a living.

Boy can't wait for more live-action Disney villain origin films like Jafar, Captain Hook, Scar, Ursula, Gaston, and such with Disney expecting us to root for them as well....

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
AKA a movie where it expects us to root for a vile woman that skins dogs for fur coats for a living.

Boy can't wait for more live-action Disney villain origin films like Jafar, Captain Hook, Scar, Ursula, Gaston, and such with Disney expecting us to root for them as well....
I mean, a Gaston spin off would be a pretty good comedy.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The Mario + Rabbids team shared a little something to celebrate the 4 year anniversary of Kingdom Battle

I still need to beat the DLC of said game...

D

Deleted member

The Mario + Rabbids team shared a little something to celebrate the 4 year anniversary of Kingdom Battle

I still need to beat the DLC of said game...
I still need to buy the DLC, more so the DK one.

Although idk if I should first complete the game before getting It.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I have this bump on the side of my lower jaw and it’s painful. It hurts to open my mouth cuz of it.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
You weren't supposed to root for Joker either.

You felt bad for him getting treated like ****, but he was not a person to root for. In fact, nobody was a good person in this movie
I haven't watched Joker (2019) in full - only clips atm - and even I know that whatever sympathy you got Arthur or whatever points he make is true or not, you aren't supposed to root him by the end, 'cuz you know, he kill peoples for reasons that make less & less sense or are barely if any justifiable.

Chaos & Madness ain't a winning combination what i'm sayin'.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I haven't watched Joker (2019) in full - only clips atm - and even I know that whatever sympathy you got Arthur or whatever points he make is true or not, you aren't supposed to root him by the end, 'cuz you know, he kill peoples for reasons that make less & less sense or are barely if any justifiable.

Chaos & Madness ain't a winning combination what i'm sayin'.
The only killing he did was justified in that movie was when he got jumped and shot his attackers in self defence.

It goes downhill from there.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The only killing he did was justified in that movie was when he got jumped and shot his attackers in self defence.

It goes downhill from there.
-.jpg
Got nothin' to say or add here, you're just right.

So uh, yeah, drink water, not anarchy, kids.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Newcomer Speculation has been nothing but back and forth about whether or not September's Direct will feature CP11 for the last several weeks.

I can't tell if it's overly pessimistic skepticism, or not wanting the end to be near.
Not wanting the end to be near?
From what I can tell, people just want it to end already. I know I do.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Not wanting the end to be near?
From what I can tell, people just want it to end already. I know I do.
I'm definitely in the camp that wants this done and over with already, but the sudden doomposting over there is just funny to me.

I mean, who knows, it could be a longer wait, but when we have every precedent showing it 90% likely won't be, it's funny to me how insistent some are being about how it needs to be a "grand spectacle" and "can't be shown in just any Direct".

It's just always funny to me to see the disconnect between how fans view it and how the people who actually make it view it, lol.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Welp, time to start work.

Really hope this morning is going to go smoothly after how chaotic yesterday’s opening was.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I'm definitely in the camp that wants this done and over with already, but the sudden doomposting over there is just funny to me.

I mean, who knows, it could be a longer wait, but when we have every precedent showing it 90% likely won't be, it's funny to me how insistent some are being about how it needs to be a "grand spectacle" and "can't be shown in just any Direct".

It's just always funny to me to see the disconnect between how fans view it and how the people who actually make it view it, lol.
People seem way more insistent that it has to "suck"
Even though the character they think will "suck" is someone they're rooting for

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
People seem way more insistent that it has to "suck"
Even though the character they think will "suck" is someone they're rooting for
What's weird is that if someone thinks the pick "sucks", how do they themselves like it?

Like, I've made jokes about people getting mad at Cinderace, but at the end of the day, I want them and because of that I think it's a good pick.

Smash tends to always end with more lowkey picks, but like...On the same token, that's also a subjective view. What could be lowkey to one is hype to another.

I'm now starting to realize the fallacies in the "Smash always ends on a whimper" train of thought.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Reminder to y'all that this is the week Shang-Chi comes out.

Its success depending on Eternals keeping its current release date.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom