• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
All I've seen are the girlfriends kissing, the "Sports? Sweating?" thing and Dragonclaw Z jokes but I hear it's amazing, what exactly makes the show worthwhile in your opinion?
There's the stellar worldbuilding of the Boiling Isles, which is a Demon Realm of sorts. Of course it's just barely tame enough to not be scarring to children, but it's still phenomenal! Then there are the characters, who are extremely-well written and, for the most part, subvert a ton of tropes. And if you liked the Dragonclaw Z joke, there are plenty more fun references to be found, such as Cloud's Buster Sword appearing a couple times, "Pocket Monsters" being a type of demon, and even a Snake body pillow! Top it off with the best queer representation I've seen in a cartoon (there's also a nonbinary character!) and you have a truly great show. Check it out if you think it might interest you, though like many shows, season 1 does take a bit to fully pick up steam because the first half of it had pretty heavy corporate mandates that were later lifted. Though the first half of season 1 still ain't bad :)

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
View attachment 325865
DSP Bingo, where everyone's a winner!
I remember this guy somehow managed to make it onto a TRG Jackbox stream during a game of Quiplash. Needless to say, he was shamelessly trying to make himself sound good, but that doesn't really earn you points when you're up against a band of infinitely better content creators. I would link, but it seems like the VOD's disappeared.

D

Deleted member

I'm actually interested in FFXIV because I keep seeing people saying how good it is but I'm bad at MMOs so... :drshrug:
When it comes to MMOs, what I like to do to pick up a new game is to set aside an entire day and just play the first few hours of the game to see if I like it. Also, don’t spent any money unless you absolutely have to(for example, something like a membership fee for Pirate/Wizard101)

MMORPG is a tricky sub-genre to pick up primary because of the long hours spent grinding for hours on end for very little satisfaction, and it’s mostly an acquired taste. (playing a decent amount of them as a kid, such as Lego Universe and Pirate101, helped.)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Oh ****, I'm watching TMNT 2012 and I never realized that Rahzar actually died when he was run over by the train. I was wondering why he wasn't in the final battle with Super Shredder
sorry to say that’s wrong, especially since he always survives getting hit by ****

he actually died due to Leatherhead drowning him for preparing to harm Mikey at the Coney Island carnival (aka the fight used to distract most of the team from helping Team Splinter)

…I’m realizing that probably doesn’t make things better, but the show had a Triceraton commit suicide just to start an invasion then killed billions on Earth (plus the apocalypse that’s both canon and not canon) so it’s not the worst death to occur

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
congrats to the LGBT Batman fans for having 3 major Bat Family members on their side

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I don’t know why I’ve been thinking about Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 lately, but ngl I kinda want a DC equivalent
Justice League Heroes (released around the same time as MUA…and is far less popular)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Sounds like it might be interesting. Is it still a platformer game?
Yup. It’s a kind of a metroidvania/puzzle platformer hybrid. Requiring you to use teamwork and your characters unique abilities to access different areas and clear dungeons.

The story is as follows. After being forgotten in Half-Genie Hero, Holly Lingerbean ended up in The Void, a kind of afterlife/prison for insanely powerful supernatural beings who have been defeated (aka Final Bosses). But Holly being here is a mistake. She’s really not powerful enough to qualify. And thus, a lot of the realms security measures to prevent its inhabitants escape, do not work on her. And this is taken advantage of by a powerful demon, the Enchantress. She makes a pact with Holly and the two escape and begin wreaking havoc, merging together the Shovel Knight and Shantae universes.

Shovel Knight is introduced to Shantae when Enchantress/Holly kidnaps Shield Knight and leaves him in Scuttle Outpost (a fusion of Scuttle Town and Armor Outpost). Along with Plague Knight, Mona, Specter Knight, and King Knight; each fresh off their own encounter with Holly. Each character hits it off with Shantae or one of her friends. Mona and Uncle Mimic stay behind to develop upgrades and try to science out Holly’s next move, while the rest set forth to stop Holly and The Enchantress

You can play the game as one of four pairings of characters, kind of like Sonic Adventure where each one has their own dedicated level design, though you can choose which pair you are currently using in the hub world. You have Shantae and Shovel Knight, Bolo and Plague Knight, Sky and Specter Knight, and Rottytops and King Knight. Like I said before you gotta use your pairs unique abilities and teamwork to advance through linear levels and non-linear dungeons in a sort of action-puzzle-platform-vania type game. Finding upgrades as you progress unlocking new abilities for your characters. One mechanic is the Fusion Stones from Seven Sirens, allowing your characters to temporarily combine into a super powerful fusion character, which is needed for certain puzzles and can wreck bosses.

Holly and the Enchantress also have fusion stones however, and they have been using them to create the bosses you will face in the game. Combining each of the Barons of Sequin Land with the remaining knights of the Order of No Quarter to create their minions. Squid Baron and Treasure Knight, Ammo Baron and Polar Knight, Hypno Baron and Mole Knight, Techno Baron and Tinker Knight, and Armor Baron and Propellor Knight. In addition, she also combined Risky Boots and Black Knight to act as your reoccurring rival, and forced Shield Knight to be the host for another powerful supernatural entity The Enchantress befriended in The Void, The Pirate Master.

Set forth and dance through the danger in the name of honor and shovelry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom