• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Have you ever played a game with Solid Snake in it? That's how I aced that test.
Well, I played Brawl and Ultimate, but my eyes were on ZSS back in tue Brawl days.

But at the same time, I do own a copy of Metal Gear Solid 2... and I haven't played it yet...

Pandora's Box if you will.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Well, I played Brawl and Ultimate, but my eyes were on ZSS back in tue Brawl days.

But at the same time, I do own a copy of Metal Gear Solid 2... and I haven't played it yet...

Pandora's Box if you will.
MGS2: Sons of Taint flips is one hell of a way to realize you like men, I must say

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Hey, remove that /j you’re right.

I haven’t been funny since I was in high school.

And I never went to high school
What's the story behind that choice, if you don't mind me asking? If it's not something you're comfortable talking about, that's okay too.

Noipoi

Howdy!
What's the story behind that choice, if you don't mind me asking? If it's not something you're comfortable talking about, that's okay too.
Well there were two main reasons.

Reason 1: Religious purposes. Easier to teach your beliefs when you’re the kid’s main source of education as well.

Reason 2: I was a dweeb. Imagine Urkel without the confidence or capability. They were sure I was gonna get bullied.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Nintendo Indie World Showcase airing tomorrow
As usual, I'm going in with no expectations.
Slap City is supposed to be coming to the Switch at some point, so here's hoping we get news on that.

If previous indie directs are any indication, I'm guessing there's probably only going to be two games that get my attention, three tops. Still, as long as we get a Metroidvania of some sort, I'll probably be happy.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
More additional lore to my MCU/DCEU/MonsterVerse setting.

-Both Thor and Rodan once fought each other in the past when Rodan at some point appeared in Scandinavia terrorizing the people which prompted the Thunder God to engage. It was a long, withdrawn, and lengthy battle that eventually ended with Thor finally driving Rodan off. Like many legends and myths, this fight inspired one of those about Thor fighting a "Great Bird of Fire".
-The celestials (Not counting Ego) once came to earth but were eventually driven off by the titans native there notably Godzilla being earth is home to one of the universes strongest titans. The celestials also had a hostile encounter with King Ghidorah at some point.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Well there were two main reasons.

Reason 1: Religious purposes. Easier to teach your beliefs when you’re the kid’s main source of education as well.

Reason 2: I was a dweeb. Imagine Urkel without the confidence or capability. They were sure I was gonna get bullied.
Sorry to hear that. I wasn't much of a social butterfly during high school (or even now, really) and didn't really participate in many activities outside of it, but it sucks that you didn't get to experience those years for yourself.

As long as you came out alright from homeschooling, I guess that's all that matters in the end though.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Sorry to hear that. I wasn't much of a social butterfly during high school (or even now, really) and didn't really participate in many activities outside of it, but it sucks that you didn't get to experience those years for yourself.

As long as you came out alright from homeschooling, I guess that's all that matters in the end though.
It does kinda suck, but there’s nothing I can do about it. So why get worked up over it? Besides, it wasn’t like I was tortured. More bored than anything.

And yeah, those are experiences I’ll likely never get to have, but that doesn’t mean I can’t have new ones in the future.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Yup. It’s a kind of a metroidvania/puzzle platformer hybrid. Requiring you to use teamwork and your characters unique abilities to access different areas and clear dungeons.

The story is as follows. After being forgotten in Half-Genie Hero, Holly Lingerbean ended up in The Void, a kind of afterlife/prison for insanely powerful supernatural beings who have been defeated (aka Final Bosses). But Holly being here is a mistake. She’s really not powerful enough to qualify. And thus, a lot of the realms security measures to prevent its inhabitants escape, do not work on her. And this is taken advantage of by a powerful demon, the Enchantress. She makes a pact with Holly and the two escape and begin wreaking havoc, merging together the Shovel Knight and Shantae universes.

Shovel Knight is introduced to Shantae when Enchantress/Holly kidnaps Shield Knight and leaves him in Scuttle Outpost (a fusion of Scuttle Town and Armor Outpost). Along with Plague Knight, Mona, Specter Knight, and King Knight; each fresh off their own encounter with Holly. Each character hits it off with Shantae or one of her friends. Mona and Uncle Mimic stay behind to develop upgrades and try to science out Holly’s next move, while the rest set forth to stop Holly and The Enchantress

You can play the game as one of four pairings of characters, kind of like Sonic Adventure where each one has their own dedicated level design, though you can choose which pair you are currently using in the hub world. You have Shantae and Shovel Knight, Bolo and Plague Knight, Sky and Specter Knight, and Rottytops and King Knight. Like I said before you gotta use your pairs unique abilities and teamwork to advance through linear levels and non-linear dungeons in a sort of action-puzzle-platform-vania type game. Finding upgrades as you progress unlocking new abilities for your characters. One mechanic is the Fusion Stones from Seven Sirens, allowing your characters to temporarily combine into a super powerful fusion character, which is needed for certain puzzles and can wreck bosses.

Holly and the Enchantress also have fusion stones however, and they have been using them to create the bosses you will face in the game. Combining each of the Barons of Sequin Land with the remaining knights of the Order of No Quarter to create their minions. Squid Baron and Treasure Knight, Ammo Baron and Polar Knight, Hypno Baron and Mole Knight, Techno Baron and Tinker Knight, and Armor Baron and Propellor Knight. In addition, she also combined Risky Boots and Black Knight to act as your reoccurring rival, and forced Shield Knight to be the host for another powerful supernatural entity The Enchantress befriended in The Void, The Pirate Master.

Set forth and dance through the danger in the name of honor and shovelry!
Interesting idea though I think Rotty/Plague and Bolo/King would be more fitting

alexxxela

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7240-1590-9437
I can’t believe Emily messaged all these other people. I thought we had something special!
Man, when Emily messaged me and I made a profile post about her, I didn't expect her to have messaged so many others! I really thought Emily truly wanted me. 😰
5B983B99-737B-4216-BE85-284C99E8974E.jpeg

It was kinda funny how the bot claimed to be 25 but its age was set as 27

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
In my case, high school waa a mixed bagw for me. I still keep in close contact with some of my friends there, and I did join a sport that I enjoy and found a hobny that I enjoy, but would I go back there? No, not really. I much prefer the having more of a frew scheduele and not having to wake up at 5:40 every morning for the 6:30 bus for an 8+ hour day (which includes practice and meets) with school work that could take up to 11pm. Plus, I don't want to see a lot of people ever again. I can't say I was popular though, I much prefer smaller groups of friends.

I will say, I did take one thing for granted in my high school, and that was its really good racial diversity, because college... yeah.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I liked high school myself. I had my ups and downs while there but I would actually like to go back, given the chance. It was just fun for me.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Interesting idea though I think Rotty/Plague and Bolo/King would be more fitting
The idea was that Plague Knight sees Bolo’s oft forgotten scientific skills (as shown in Pirate’s Curse) and is trying to mentor him. I can agree that those character pairings do make more sense personality wise though.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Aw man I guess the Nick Brawl leak that had Daggett & Norbert was fake...:(
To be fair the developers did say nothing has leaked yet and I imagine they would have been aware of that leak given they frequent the discord.

Not that the rules out the angry beavers though.

Also that leak was fake when it only listed one nick jr. character. When the listing specifies multiple.Which I doubt Nick Jr would be mentioned as a selling point if it didn’t have a few reps.

I think at the very least we probably get Steve and Blue, Dora, and honestly I could see the backyardigans given their recent popularity.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Aw man I guess the Nick Brawl leak that had Daggett & Norbert was fake...:(
Was there some sort of reveal or something?
To be fair the developers did say nothing has leaked yet and I imagine they would have been aware of that leak given they frequent the discord.

Not that the rules out the angry beavers though.

Also that leak was fake when it only listed one nick jr. character. When the listing specifies multiple.Which I doubt Nick Jr would be mentioned as a selling point if it didn’t have a few reps.

I think at the very least we probably get Steve and Blue, Dora, and honestly I could see the backyardigans given their recent popularity.
Wtf, where does it mention Nick Jr?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
High School was fun as a mother ******

tho I wish senior ditch day was an actual holiday

Status