• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Guys, holy ****.

Apparently this girl named Emily posts here, and she started a PM with me! She sent me a link, I’m sure nothing bad will happen if I click it…
Emily? I got Miranda. Her DM said that she was sexy and looking for me so I might as well click the link.

My 19 years of patience have come to an end.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Looking back, I think this show getting greenlit is when Cartoon Network's decline in quality really began.
Thise cartoons greenlit during that era were fever dreams. Problem Solverz, idk anyone who remembers Secret Mountain Fort Awesome, heck Robotomy died within like 3 episodes, because that **** never aired.

Though Secret Mountain was actually an Uncle Grandpa spinoff that aired before Uncle Grandpa.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You ask my people to relive one of our greatest tragedies.

He :mario2: ripped off our brothers' and sisters' limbs. For sport. :138:

The "Red Devil" is a cursed name among all Cephalopod-kind. You ask us to represent its tool of slaughter?

Okay, jokes aside:

IDK, maybe they'll do it this time. :drshrug:
I just realized what you actually were referencing and now I think it’s funny lol.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Thise cartoons greenlit during that era were fever dreams. Problem Solverz, idk anyone who remembers Secret Mountain Fort Awesome, heck Robotomy died within like 3 episodes, because that **** never aired.

Though Secret Mountain was actually an Uncle Grandpa spinoff that aired before Uncle Grandpa.
Secret Mountain Force Awesome looks like what out of touch parents think all cartoons are.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You've been bringing up Arlo a lot.

Ya know it's okay for people to have different opinions, right?
The only things I have to say about paper Mario are regurgitating just points. I care not for the series beyond being a fan of his channel
I disagree with Arlo's points on PM as a whole tbh.

Granted, he is a classical purist whereas I am a everything Paper Mario enjoyer (insert chad wojack) because iirc he didn't really think Super was that good either.
i do agree with him that the idea of a more real and consistent Mario world where the races are actually people and not just things to jump on and a greater emphasis on story is an enticing one. But beyond that… shrugs I could get that from any kind of Mario game if Nintendofinally decided to care about it.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I think it mostly gets flak for Pizza Steve.
Yeah, he could get a bit annoying, but back then the mere concept of Uncle Grandpa pissed people off because it was a cartoon that never took itself seriously and just wanted to be stupid and random, in the age were cartoons were becoming serialized and serious.

It kinda made me sad becauze the show was genuinely good but people **** on it because it wasn't the next Steven Universe or Gravity Falls.

It did last for 5 seasons though, and I'm pretty sure perceptions changed because of Aunt Grandma... the episode that is. Or people didn't want to admit they liked it too.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The crazy thing about Paper Jam is that they said that if tjere is enough demand, they will revisist the concept and do a deeper crossover with more original characters and the like.

The game bombed. Mario and Luigi died.
Nintendo wasnt going to approve such a concept anyway.
This, the lawyers probably wouldn’t like that. Still I wish it happened. Dimentio boss fight would be hype!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Guys, holy ****.

Apparently this girl named Emily posts here, and she started a PM with me! She sent me a link, I’m sure nothing bad will happen if I click it…
1628567820509.png

“Don’t click the link from Emily guys! Worse mistake of my life!”

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I had to kill a digimon in a second digivice and re-raise it but my primary digivice now has 2 final stage digimon.

Omegamon Alter S and Rust Tyrannomon. Only took 22 days

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
So is now a bad time to admit that I actually liked the live action CN shows?
I just remember my brother making me watch with Dude What Would Happen and Destroy Build Destroy. I was a little kid and found them boring. Didn't see any of the others.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I had repressed the fact that that show ever existed didnt it get cancelled after like 3 episodes lol
The shortest running CN show was Robotomy with only 10 episodes.
Destroy build destroy was kinda neat. Brain Surge was alright and I have no memories of the rest.
I enjoyed watching Dude What Would Happen, Destroy Build Destroy, Hole in the Wall, and Incredible Crew.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
received_795158547796313.jpeg

Hairy white arm reveal! Oh, and there's a puppy to.

This is me holding my sisters new puppy Stitch. And since she's my roomate, this lil pupper will be my roomate too.

They also had adults up for adoption but this puppy loved my sister so much I caved and let her bring him home. And to be fair I have a soft spot for black dogs.

Haha...there's a lot of work to do. Puppies are a ton of work. But honestly, I think I really needed this.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 325855

This is me holding my sisters new puppy Stitch. And since she's my roomate, this lil pupper will be my roomate too.

They also had adults up for adoption but this puppy loved my sister so much I caved and let her bring him home. And to be fair I have a soft spot for black dogs.

Haha...there's a lot of work to do. Puppies are a ton of work. But honestly, I think I really needed this.
Hi Stitch!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Got a special message in PM, as you all know.

Reported it and then made so only peoples who follow me can PM.

Hope the mods will be able to deal with this without too much problems.

Noipoi

Howdy!
View attachment 325855

Now that’s a based name.

Cute dog, too. Looks just like my aunt’s dog.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Good morning y'all. I'm currently at work so I'll probably be here briefly until I'm given a specific task, which might take a while.
How are you all?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Gling to bed, have a cursed(?) image

Idk why, but I actually like Pyra in jeans?
I say it's more blursed than outright cursed. (tho wearing a jean + Pyra swimsuit must be quite uncomfortable lol)

Either way, I be cool seeing Pyra wearing jeans more often.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Nickelodeon/Nicktoons
Cartoon Network/Adult Swim
Disney Channel/XD
Netflix
The Hub

which of these had the best animated series selection in the 2010s?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh ****, I'm watching TMNT 2012 and I never realized that Rahzar actually died when he was run over by the train. I was wondering why he wasn't in the final battle with Super Shredder

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Ehhhhhh

IDK about that one personally. TTYD had plenty of goofy moments with the paper, not to mention one of the game's mechanics is about folding Mario into different papercraft shapes to get around.

I love Arlo, but his views on PM are very nitpicky, lol.
To be fair, those were treated as magic curses, and them + other silly paper events/stuff weren’t noticed as paper by the characters iirc. I don’t remember if there were paper puns or anything like that, I don’t recall any.

Imo the newer paper stuff could still work though (and the puns and stuff can be funny), just would be nice if they didn’t kill off partner characters being more unique than an existing enemy/generic ally with the same name except this time it’s wearing clothes (the personalities and stuff were still good though, and Bobby being a generic Bob-omb but still an individual worked well, just would be nice to have more like Goombella, Goombario, Bobbery, Vivian, etc.). Origami King was really good, just kinda stinks they’re not willing to use some unique enemies like they used to or even races like Piantas for some reason.

I guess it being paper even to the view of the characters means it’s not connected to the main universe anymore though.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
There's been quite a bit of console wars-based brainstorming going on in my head lately (blame Neptunia), and it got me thinking; how would Nintendo and SEGA react if Dic had created a crossover special between The Super Mario Bros. Super Show and The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog? I imagine that at least their American branches would be incensed to high Hell what with said hypothetical special completely undermining the entire advertising campaign that was going on at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom