• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
While on the subject, wonder if I should add these guys to my Sonic Clash roster as potential DLC

-Jet
-Dr. Starline
-Captain Whisker & Johnny
-Dark Chao Walker
-Excalibur Sonic
-Reaper Metal Sonic
Anyone wanna help me with this?

Also while I have NiGHTS, Alex Kidd, Joker, Segata Sanshiro and Arle as guest characters as Well as some more standard third party ones like Mega Man and Pac-Man (I didn’t want any console exclusive characters so Mario isn’t in), I also had a few off the wall All Stars Transformed tier ideas like Sans, Ruby Rose, Korone, Sailor Moon, etc. and I was wondering if there could be other ones that’d be fitting but also just as bonkers

cashregister9

Smash Hero
While on the subject, wonder if I should add these guys to my Sonic Clash roster as potential DLC

-Jet
-Dr. Starline
-Captain Whisker & Johnny
-Dark Chao Walker
-Excalibur Sonic
-Reaper Metal Sonic
Do you have a link to the rest of the Roster? or is it still a Work in Progress?

Those seem like fun DLC Choices, The only thing is I'd say that Dark Chao Walker might be a better costume but even then I can think of some interesting changes that could be Unique to A Dark Chao and Maybe Jet should be base game.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Do you have a link to the rest of the Roster? or is it still a Work in Progress?

Those seem like fun DLC Choices, The only thing is I'd say that Dark Chao Walker might be a better costume but even then I can think of some interesting changes that could be Unique to A Dark Chao.
Here’s my thread on it:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
What's honestly crazy is that Fanboy and Chum Chum is a prime example of how memes can completely change the perception of media. Back then, animation nerds were frothing at the mouth whenever it was mentioned, now people put it in a positive light by making memes and jokes about it. That show isn't the only example like this.

Also, the gen that grew up with it are now frequent internet users, so that certainly helps.

Noipoi

Howdy!
What's honestly crazy is that Fanboy and Chum Chum is a prime example of how memes can completely change the perception of media. Back then, animation nerds were frothing at the mouth whenever it was mentioned, now people put it in a positive light by making memes and jokes about it. That show isn't the only example like this.

Also, the gen that grew up with it are now frequent internet users, so that certainly helps.
I dunno why it inspired such hatred, honestly.

I understand why people didn’t like it, shows like this aren’t everyone’s cup of tea. But while I didn’t enjoy it too much even as a kid, I don’t remember it being truly awful like the YouTube animation community would have you believe.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I dunno why it inspired such hatred, honestly.

I understand why people didn’t like it, shows like this aren’t everyone’s cup of tea. But while I didn’t enjoy it too much even as a kid, I don’t remember it being truly awful like the YouTube animation community would have you believe.
It was pretty much this
1627962579669.png

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Happy Birthday Mr. Sakurai! 🎂🎈

For those interested, the Japanese part translated is:

"It has nothing to do with this picture, but thank you for all the birthday mentions! Excuse me."

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Well, considering the circumstances behind all these spinoffs, I guess one could consider that poetic justice.
true…Sandy gonna have a real challenge getting her movie over with the public
Which god? Loki?
Sylvie would’ve done that tbh
When it was uploaded, the Fanboy and Chum Chum theme song had far more dislikes than likes for quite a while.

The tides have turned...
the first Nicktoon after their logo reinvention…made so many people fear Nick’s future
I just think the show’s obnoxious. I’ve definitely seen worse cartoons but I don’t feel compelled to watch more of it
Breadwinners and Pig Chicken Goat Banana

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I demand that Seth Rogen voices April O’Neil in his TMNT movie

And for Colon Jost to play Leonardo or Donatello in his TMNT movie

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I just think the show’s obnoxious. I’ve definitely seen worse cartoons but I don’t feel compelled to watch more of it
I just ignored it until the memes, due to me no longer watching Nickelodeon when it aired.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Are you saying poor quality is not a personal affront?

Blasphemy
The next thing you'll tell me is that game YouTubers can make negative review videos without using the phrase "slap in the face".

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
starting to think the 87 April and Daphne caused the internet to gain an unexpected trend

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Watching Season 1 of YuGiOh is so cringe how awful they are at the card game

duxx

Smash Ace
I stand by the fact that ten centimeters apart is a top 3 anime
So guys. Since I have watched Promare as my 25th anime film, thought I'd post them all in order from best to worst in my view. Bottom just means, eh or boring more or less. And I've thrown a thoughts across each of them so bear with me to read/

Tagging @Lamperouge Wademan94 Wademan94 duxx duxx osby osby Noipoi Noipoi cause Ghibli and the @Professor Pumpkaboo for thoughts there. Oh and @KillerCage since I've the Made in Abyss film too.

1. From Up On Poppy Hill - Ghibli's best film IMO. Simple two pronged plot, a time period would love to see more (1960's Japan), soundtrack and all.

2. Kiki's Delivery Service - I love Kiki as a character, her cat is adorable, the plot is so heartwarming and it's just great film.

3. A Silent Voice - KyoAni did some magic on this. One of the best films I've seen and with a plot that took me to heart.

4. Your Name - The first non Ghibli film I saw and it blew my mind. Music, visuals, pacing made it incredible. Plotholes are why it didn't make to my top three.

5. Wolf Children - Was once my favourite anime film but now I would have rather seen it as a TV series.

6. Weathering With You - Beautiful as hell and containing some of my favourite characters and music from anime films. It's a lot tighter than Your Name.

7. Whisper of the Heart - Another great Studio Ghibli film and the only one I've actually bought the soundtrack of so far. Another romantic slice of life film.

8. When Marnie Was There - A girl with anxiety visiting an old house in a rural town was amazing to see and had a really nice twist.

9. Promare - The latest anime film I've watched that's a trip fest. I love it but mech anime is just not my thing. Music was god. Sawano made gold with it in his best soundtrack IMO.

10. My Neighbour Totoro - The first anime film I saw that wasn't a Pokemon film and blew my 10 year old mind. Might rewatch it again.

11. Children Who Chase Lost Voices - Such an underrated film by Makoto Shinkai. It was brilliant but had bad pacing issues.

12. Summer Wars - Another trip but just felt eh. Only higher cause I enjoyed the characters.

13. Princess Mononoke - Only really down here cause it's been about six years since I've last seen it but was perfection. Just other anime and stuff have taken over my mind since then.

14. 5 Centimeters Per Second - A film about someone falling in love three times. It was great but really expected something else from it.

15. Spirited Away - The big anime film that was great but wasn't my thing.

16. Arrietty - The Borrowers are always a great book and film to see no matter the times and culture. A Japanese take on it? Even better.

17. Patema Inverted - Another film that would have been better as a TV series given it's concept of a world where two peoples live upside down from each other and had a great twist.

18. Saga of Tanya the Evil: The Movie - Psycho Loli does war crimes...............in Russia!

19. Mirai - Mamoru Hosoda didn't do a bad job and it was really good doing a film from a toddler's perspective. Just the fantasy elements were too ambiguous and got boring.

20. A Whisker Away - A film that tried to be Ghibli and somewhat succeeded. Should have been a TV series

21. The Place Promised in Our Early Days - Shinkai should have made this as a TV series just saying. Still, you can see his work at Nihon Falcom there in the form of the art style so that's appealing.

22. Made in Abyss: Dawn of the Deep Soul - For a Made in Abyss thing it was just average. Great antagonist and setting but it went too far on the gore this time again.

23. The Girl Who Leapt Through Time - Another film from Hosoda that was eh.

24. Konosuba: The Legend of Crimson - I expected Megumin the movie. I got a ****ed up, tried too hard of a mess.

25. Garden of Words - Makoto Shinkai really went too short on this. Just lacked the magic of his other films and was more like a animation demo thing.

So there you guys go. So let me know your thoughts.

And a few I've still yet to see:

Fate Stay Night Heaven's Feel Trilogy
Non Non Biyori Vacation
No Game No Life Zero
The Anthem of the Heart
K-On The Movie!

There you go, long post again.
Id definitely recommend ngnl zero and the k on movie. Both are really good and compliment the original series rly well. Also yeah the konosuba movie was asscheeks

D

Deleted member

K-On The Movie!
Oh right, there's a K-On movie, I always forget about that one. Guess I'm gonna watch it when I find the time.

Still a shame we never got a sequel to the PSP game with the season two songs. It's a really good game. I mean, it's made by Sega, so it's a given considering their experience with rhythm games.

D

Deleted member

1665D666-77B9-46F9-B5A4-ABCACBBA702C.jpeg

HR is giving out these pins to everyone, which I think is pretty cool, ngl.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I never really hated Fanboy & Chum Chum. I actually watched a fair amount of it when it was airing. Since it was only ever a silly show, I think it's fitting for it to be embraced now thanks to memes.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Imagining all the possibilities for who the final street fighter character could be… what if it’s Shantae? I mean, we are thinking about guest characters, she would work and be cool in that setting, Capcom published the original game, wayforward would probably be down. Idk. Maybe it’s just cause I’m playing her games.

In actuality it’s probably an SNK character. Here’s hoping it’s Rugal.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

We received a gift from the "Smash Bros." staff! Thank you. Shoulder EMS! OA glasses! And Kusui Gundam! No blind spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom