• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

We received a gift from the "Smash Bros." staff! Thank you. Shoulder EMS! OA glasses! And Kusui Gundam! No blind spot?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Are you watching the 4kids dub?

Cause, well....

I think so, it sounds like the version I watched as a kid. It's just funny how "experts" in the game like kaiba gets surprised when people are following the basic rules of the game.

Also how they just seem to make up rules on the spot

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think so, it sounds like the version I watched as a kid. It's just funny how "experts" in the game like kaiba gets surprised when people are following the basic rules of the game.

Also how they just seem to make up rules on the spot
Tbf, the first few seasons kinda just went along and did whatever the hell they wanted. The rules wouldn’t be fully set in stone until the last few arcs, and you can just tell they’re making up bull**** for the Battle City arc.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So i had a similar idea to this a couple years back but SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 inspired me to redo my ideas for a bigger scale Indie Smash game. I decided to start out around 26 since that’s around the same ballpark as other Smash clones like PlayStation’s or Cartoon Network’s
Awesomenauts: Voltar the Omniscient
Azure Striker Gunvolt: Gunvolt
Bit.Trip: CommanderVideo
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night: Miriam
Castle Crashers: Necromancer
Cave Story: Quote (Curly Brace alt)
Cuphead: Cuphead (Mugman alt.)
Dust: An Elysian Tail: Dust
Freedom Planet: Lilac
Guacamelee!: Juan
A Hat in Time: Hat Kid
Hollow Knight: Hollow Knight
Hyper Light Drifter: Drifter
The Messenger: The Messenger
Octodad: Dadliest Catch: Octodad
Rivals of Aether: Orcane
Shantae: Shantae, Risky Boots,
Shovel Knight: Shovel Knight
Skullgirls: Filia
Slap City: Ultra Fishbunjin 3000
Super Meat Boy: Meat Boy
Touhou: Reimu, Marisa
Undertale: Sans
Yooka-Laylee: Yooka-Laylee

Some other characters I was considering:
Axiom Verge: Trace
Battle Princess Madelyn: Madelyn
Celeste: Madeline (Celeste would at least get a stage)
Code of Princess: Solange
Dead Cells: The Prisoner
Enter the Gungeon: The Bullet
Freedom Planet: Carol
Iconoclasts: Robin
Mutant Mudds: Max
Nefarious: Crow
Noitu Love: Devolution: Xoda Rap
Shantae: Rottytops
Shovel Knight: Plague Knight, Specter Knight
Skullgirls: Cerebella, Peacock,
Steamworld Dig: Rusty

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Yo two days until The Suicide Squad!

Gonna watch it here at home on Thursday, then see it on the big screen with my friends hanging out for the first time in over a year.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Imagining all the possibilities for who the final street fighter character could be… what if it’s Shantae? I mean, we are thinking about guest characters, she would work and be cool in that setting, Capcom published the original game, wayforward would probably be down. Idk. Maybe it’s just cause I’m playing her games.

In actuality it’s probably an SNK character. Here’s hoping it’s Rugal.
I still strongly predict that the final Street Fighter character could very well be a guest character. If there is anyone, I'm going to guess that this could be a Darkstalkers character.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I still strongly predict that the final Street Fighter character could very well be a guest character. If there is anyone, I'm going to guess that this could be a Darkstalkers character.
Honestly I… a guest character from another franchise owned by Capcom is not what I’m after. I want Capcom to pay someone else a licensing fee.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Still can't believe Capcom has never done a Street Fighters vs. Darkstalkers game given they own both IPs.

Yes I know of that once comic.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Yo two days until The Suicide Squad!

Gonna watch it here at home on Thursday, then see it on the big screen with my friends hanging out for the first time in over a year.
I might watch that in theaters on Thursday. I'm not 100% sure if I will or not (I'm hesitant about going to a theater after so long), but I figure they take plenty of precautions (reserved seating, with three-seat-wide gaps between people), I'll wear a mask most of the time, and I'll need something to unwind after a much longer day of work than usual. (I'd be working from 9 am to 6:30 pm)

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I might watch that in theaters on Thursday. I'm not 100% sure if I will or not (I'm hesitant about going to a theater after so long), but I figure they take plenty of precautions (reserved seating, with three-seat-wide gaps between people), I'll wear a mask most of the time, and I'll need something to unwind after a much longer day of work than usual. (I'd be working from 9 am to 6:30 pm)
This movie is gonna be awesome!

King Sharks gonna steal the show! Give him his own spin-off movie!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Going by the amount of costumes that the character has (3), I'm assuming it's a male character; as much as I'm hoping for Mike Haggar, I figure it's going to be more shocking than Haggar would be if they're keeping this character, and only this character, a secret.

Then again, that's what I thought for Ultra Street Fighter 4, and the character wound up being Decapre - Cammy's twin sister in a Shadaloo outfit who nobody had heard of.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My source just sent me a screenshot from the next Nickelodeon All Star Brawl trailer:

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
More Street Fighter in Fortnite

Capcom really likes getting in one third party stuff. Which is why I feel like with all the content they have gotten during pass two, a character would make sense. Although pretty much the only viable option left is Phoenix Wright. Which would be pretty cool none the less.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know Sonic Drift? Those Game Gear racing games that everyone wonders why they weren’t Genesis games? What if they got the Mania team working on a game that is basically “what if Sonic Drift HAD been made for the Genesis”.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think it’d need to be a bit careful if it was a solo venture as I could see the moveset variety getting potentially repetitive. Would need to lean into some of the unique character aspects and source material to keep them from relying too much on pies, TNT and anvils
Absolutely. I think most characters easily have enough to make them entirely unique.

I think making things like Pies, TNT, and Anvils items instead of part of movesets would be a great way of forcing more uniqueness.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom