• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So Lamperouge Lamperouge finished Demon Slayer about an hour ago. I'm gonna place it on the same rating as Darling in the Franxx, The action and the character designs being why for that rating. Speaking of it in a way:

Looking at Academy Awards for Best Animated feature and anime films over the years:

2002 - Spirited Away won, Lilo and Stitch, Ice Age and Treasure Planet nominated. "Ok ok would have preferred Lilo and Stitch but great nominees all round"

2012 - Brave won, From Up On Poppy Hill not even nominated "Wow, some people don't like anime."

2016 - Zootopia won, Your Name not even nominated "I've no words. You just spat on the anime industry like that. Respect Zootopia so......."

2017 - Boss Baby nominated, A Silent Voice wasn't. "You ****ing serious?"

2019 - How to Train Your Dragon nominated, Weathering With You wasn't. "What the f is wrong with these people? How can another Makoto Shinkai film get ignored by that?"

I swear this is the best year for an anime film to get it won again with Demon Slayer Mugen Train. Ufotable really need internation recognition and along with KyoAni really deserve it.
2020 - The Croods nominated, Demon Slayer Mugen Train not even recognised despite how much money it was raking in.

Like seriously!? Know it shouldn't matter but still.

Last edited:

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I am currently playing through FFII on the NES. Unique characters are there, but their personalities aren’t.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
OK. I'm stuck. I'm trying to do two quests in P5S that are asking me to "kill a certain kind of enemy with a phantom dash", but I'm doing what the wiki guides are telling me to do and the kill count for the mission is not going up. What am I supposed to do?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
ok I might end up bumbing Haru up the best girl list for Persona 5. Her lines in Strikers so far are so ****ing amazing

from things like "we hate/don't trust the police" to "I'm good with an axe"...her innocent talk is working phenomenally

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So Lamperouge Lamperouge finished Demon Slayer about an hour ago. I'm gonna place it on the same rating as Darling in the Franxx, The action and the character designs being why for that rating. Speaking of it in a way:

2020 - The Croods nominated, Demon Slayer Mugen Train not even recognised despite how much money it was raking in.

Yeah, it's a shame how anime is barely acknowledged in them beyond a Ghibli film here and there. The genre really deserves a lot more respect over here but I hate to say that I believe it'll always remain rather niche to the mainstream.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Yeah, it's a shame how anime is barely acknowledged in them beyond a Ghibli film here and there. The genre really deserves a lot more respect over here but I hate to say that I believe it'll always remain rather niche to the mainstream.
It really annoys me in a way. And does more variety it feels like. Like they show the thematics in more calmer ways instead of "wow kids adventure! Excitement and feelings and things and wows and lol meme reference!"

Again. Kyoto Animation and Ufotable weren't recognised and those are well known for how great they animate their shows. KyoAni with Violet Evergarden is the show I'd use to prove anyone wrong about anime. For Ufotable, look at the fight scenes in Demon Slayer and Fate. And then Makoto Shinkai. The man who people thought could rival Hayao Miyazaki for international recognition. Like what?!

I'll be going to the grave thinking of questioning the insanity about how people in the West consider The Boss Baby a better movie than A Silent Voice.

They ain't right in the head.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
So like, any reason why Mario Sunshine has full voice acting for it's cutscenes, but no other games to?
Because Mario's voice is annoying if it speaks full sentences. I wonder how the rumored animated movie will go voice-wise.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I love this game so much! Man I just wanna gush about it!
I’ve been gushing since I committed a Fist of Justice. Only in higher demand for Makoto to be a fighter in Smash in the future
So like, any reason why Mario Sunshine has full voice acting for it's cutscenes, but no other games to?
does the Mario vs Donkey Kong game count? And I guess...something else from the past set of years maybe?

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

Wait, the freaking Croods!?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
ok I might end up bumbing Haru up the best girl list for Persona 5. Her lines in Strikers so far are so ****ing amazing

from things like "we hate/don't trust the police" to "I'm good with an axe"...her innocent talk is working phenomenally
You'll like her more once you get to a later jail.
That part of the game is actually focused on her, giving her actual screen time compared to the first game.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
View attachment 305471

Found a meme in the wild.
And this time, I double checked before clicking "Post reply"!
I still prefer the meme where the Mii becomes the main Mario and became king of the Mushrooms

Edit: dammit I got quoted and must wait to reply now

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
It really annoys me in a way. And does more variety it feels like. Like they show the thematics in more calmer ways instead of "wow kids adventure! Excitement and feelings and things and wows and lol meme reference!"

Again. Kyoto Animation and Ufotable weren't recognised and those are well known for how great they animate their shows. KyoAni with Violet Evergarden is the show I'd use to prove anyone wrong about anime. For Ufotable, look at the fight scenes in Demon Slayer and Fate. And then Makoto Shinkai. The man who people thought could rival Hayao Miyazaki for international recognition. Like what?!

I'll be going to the grave thinking of questioning the insanity about how people in the West consider The Boss Baby a better movie than A Silent Voice.

They ain't right in the head.
I think part of it is because Anime is well, very Japanese. Most people don't get into it unless they already have some interest in the culture and general audiences aren't really interest in said culture.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I just got a game over in P5S and accidentally clicked "return to main menu" erasing HOURS of progress. I don't care what people say. Autosave should be ****ing STANDARD, and essentially AUTOMATIC!
To be honest i always forget auto save is even a thing is most modern game, it always gets me nervous trying to find how to manually save in games.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
You'll like her more once you get to a later jail.
That part of the game is actually focused on her, giving her actual screen time compared to the first game.
ok so Yusuke just verbally murdered this book writer after he unholingly dissed the Sayuri...and my god was it awesome...if Haru is at that level of badassery the. She’s moving up to the Top 6 spot

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
ok so Yusuke just verbally murdered this book writer after he unholingly dissed the Sayuri...and my god was it awesome...if Haru is at that level of badassery the. She’s moving up to the Top 6 spot
as someone who's gotten past that part of the story, yes. that is true.

truthfully, everyone get's their badass moment in this game. I love it!

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I just got a game over in P5S and accidentally clicked "return to main menu" erasing HOURS of progress. I don't care what people say. Autosave should be ****ing STANDARD, and essentially AUTOMATIC!
I restart any game I get a "Game Over" screen on. It's a personal policy of mine. I consider it a mark of shame on my save file.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So Wario Bros. Wario Bros. and Pokelego999 Pokelego999 I found what the psudeo legend of the game is and it’s actually something obtainable early enough on. Won’t spoil the final forms appearance but if you by chance are curious, the first form is:
dusmee that little snake thing. You find it on the route leading to starburst town as a 2 percent encounter during the day. Just evolved it at 62 and it’s final evolution is pretty crazy but a neat design

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
as someone who's gotten past that part of the story, yes. that is true.

truthfully, everyone get's their badass moment in this game. I love it!
all it took for Makoto to get a badass scene so early was for her to run ****ers over...what a best girl
I restart any game I get a "Game Over" screen on. It's a personal policy of mine. I consider it a mark of shame on my save file.
that just seems like an actual punishment of sorts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom