• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I finally unlocked Moo Manchu's Tower which is pretty cool

Now time to suffer as I try to find 3 other people to help me do it a few times, because no way in hell am I going through a 10 fight gauntlet by myself

Last edited by a moderator:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I got to Dotenbori, i like how the first NPC you see here is Makoto and she's all like "Wait, i know those stores! They all look exactly the same!" She's a Yakuza fan and Dotenbori is a regular location you see in the series, so of course she would recognize them.

Noipoi

Howdy!
How hard is it to 100% a pokemon game?
Not really hard.

Complete the Pokedex, beat all the bosses (including possible rematches which aren’t always a thing) complete all the side quests (which aren’t always a thing) beat the post game and the battle frontier (which isn’t always a thing) and sometimes there are collectibles.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The fact that it's always just looked like more Sun and moon kinda backs this up.
Gotta be honest: it looked worse with some textures
I thought sword and shield would be the stepping stone to a game like Legends happening 5-10 years later.

Didn’t know it’d happen two and a half years later.
I thought SwSh was what Legends was gonna be.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Found some cool concept of Epic Mickey's scrapped Beetleworx:
Lifters.png

A cut enemy named the Lifter that would crawl around and grab you with its arm.

Country Bear.jpg

Some kind of Country Bear scorpion.

Herbie the not so car.png

Herbie the Love Bug is ain't lovely anymore.

Jumbler.jpg

The Jumbler which is a Beetleworx made of different things.

Splatter Bot.jpg

The Splatter Bot, this horrific monstrosity with a disturbing human-like Mickey head
Shame those were removed, would loved to fight both Jumbler and Splatter Bot as bosses.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
BOTW and Mario Odyssey really set us up for our disappointment.
The thing about Pokemon is that the format of the handheld games it's never going to live up to what we always envision the series in our heads, because all the other games in the series were handheld based there were certain details we had to fill in with our imaginations, when the series is on a modern game console that luxury doesn't really exist.
So this Legends experiment is the next best thing.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Hardest bosses in any FF game 1-9:
FFI: Warmech (OG) Death Gaze (Remakes)
FFII: Dark Emperor (OG) Phrekyos (Remakes)
FFIII: Cloud of Darkness (OG) Iron Giant (Remakes)
FFIV: Zeromus (OG) ? {I don't know any FFIV superbosses}
FFV: Shinryu (OG) Enuo (Remakes)
FFVI: Kefka (OG) Kaiser Dragon (Remakes)
FFVII: Emerald Weapon
FFVIII: Omega
FFIX: Ozma
This about right?
FFIV superbosses are Zeromus EG, Brachioraidos, Geyron and Proto-Babil.

FFI you have Chronodia for the PSP version. Even before that Omega and Shinryu probably gave Death Gave a run for its money.

Is Ruby Weapon harder than Emerald Weapon?

Kaiser Dragon isn't even the final superboss in the FFVI remakes. Omega Weapon is.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
BOTW and Mario Odyssey really set us up for our disappointment.
TBH I didn't think it was a good idea to expect every Nintendo title was gonna be this huge, formula and genre defining shake-ups like BotW and Odyssey were. I think reactions to games like Star Allies and SwSh might've been a bit tamer if people didn't hold every single game Nintendo releases on the Switch up to BotW's standards. Some games are just more low-key: It can't always be high budget showstoppers.

Granted, Pokemon is huge, it didn't have many great excuses for not being a bigger push forward, but other smaller games on the Switch that got dumped on were just kind of sad things to see.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The thing about Pokemon is that the format of the handheld games it's never going to live up to what we always envision the series in our heads, because all the other games in the series were handheld based there were certain details we had to fill in with our imaginations, when the series is on a modern game console that luxury doesn't really exist.
So this Legends experiment is the next best thing.
Yeah, I agree. Like, the series was perfect on a handheld, but then making a console game that's basically the exact same as a handheld game with less content for a steeper price really turned people off. People want to see that leap, which is why I hope Legends takes off, because I want this series to evolve

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Honestly, looking back on Sword and Shield, it was pretty clear the team wanted to innovate but didn’t have the time(and maybe the budget?) to do so. The Wild Area and the DLC seems to imply that anyway.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I guess that's why the models of the DP remakes don't bug me, comparing those to the ones in legends make it clear that it's a small scale project so giving it the design of a handheld game makes a bit of sense.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Pokemon SwSh was also pretty much GF's first time working on Switch hardware. They've been handheld exclusive up until recently. I've been saying that since before the dexit controversy.

You can see something similar with Three Houses. A lot of the textures and enviroments are just...eh. People just forgive that game for it because it makes up for it in other ways and doesn't have some Dexit controvery attached.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom