• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Noipoi

Howdy!
You think it'll do SwSh numbers?
That depends.

SwSh did so good because it was the first core Pokémon in the switch. Historically the first on a console does great (D/P, X/Y) while the second gen on said console doesn’t do as well (B/W, S/M). Many people have had their fill after one Pokémon game on the console.

However the difference here is this isn’t just another generation, this is something entirely new and exciting. I think it’ll sell just under Sw/Sh, but still very well.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Very niceu, ngl

be prepared to do it 7 times over though
Oh yeah, nothing short of what I was expecting. And honestly the style is probably gonna be a tad different once it’s finalized. I’ll likely make it a wee bit more detailed. I want to to look simple, but not too simple.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Oh yeah, nothing short of what I was expecting. And honestly the style is probably gonna be a tad different once it’s finalized. I’ll likely make it a wee bit more detailed. I want to to look simple, but not too simple.

I thought I was gonna have graphics like a Gameboy Advance or early DS game until I figured out sprite work is tricky as hell. I’ll probably go for something simpler:nifty:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I hope they make toys based on the Smoll DP characters.
Their perfectly for a blind bag like toy.
Pokemon SwSh was also pretty much GF's first time working on Switch hardware. They've been handheld exclusive up until recently. I've been saying that since before the dexit controversy.

You can see something similar with Three Houses. A lot of the textures and enviroments are just...eh. People just forgive that game for it because it makes up for it in other ways and doesn't have some Dexit controvery attached.
That doesn't expplain Lets go, which looks better than Sword and shield on a technical level.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I thought I was gonna have graphics like a Gameboy Advance or early DS game until I figured out sprite work is tricky as hell. I’ll probably go for something simpler:nifty:
Oh yeah it’s tough stuff. Usually what I do is that I make a rough outline with a normal pen that basically acts as a base, then I make the actual pixel art on another layer. That’s what I did for this art, for example. It helps!

D

Deleted member

I probably need to upgrade my drawing supplies soon.... my eraser is on the verge of going kaputt.

Good thing I’m getting paid tommorow.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Cats is both ridiculous and insane, yet not ridiculous and insane enough to be a trash masterpiece.

A trashsterpiece if you will.
That's the worst thing a film can be: terrible AND boring.

The Room may be terrible, but at least it's hilarious. Same with Neil Breen films, or Sharknados.

But be terribly written, directed, AND be boring as heck? You get this movie. I felt similarly on Holmes & Watson with Will Ferrell, only THAT one I rage quit. This one I haven't rage quit yet, but I'm getting close to it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
  1. I have made practically Joker/Queen/Fox/Mona my main team
  2. I also got used to Ann and Sophia enough to find uses for them here and there
  3. Now I am able enough to use them all when I feel like it
  4. ...and of course I ended up changing tbr difficulty from normal to easy...thanks first boss fight...Alice your shadow may dress like a stripper and is impossible to find attractive...but I can give you a touch of sympathy...also I will now see her as an evil version of Pokimane
  5. PERSONA!!!!!

KillerCage

Smash Master
Well now that the emotional pain of being rejected for Smash is over, time for the physical!

Rex: I'm not even fighting in Smash!
Nia: Aren't you part of Pyra and Mythra final smashs?
Rex: Oh. Right. I forgot.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Alright, I rage-quit Cats. It's not AS bad as Holmes and Watson, but it's still one of my least favorite films I've seen to this date.

Shocker /s
:p

D

Deleted member

Sucks that the Pokémon Xenoverse wiki is unusable

Not only is it only in Italian, but it's very incomplete. :/
Probably wouldn't be that hard to make your own.

The hardest parts would be organization and the actual coding, although the big orgs like Fandom and Gamepedia already handle the hard parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom