• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah and I see why. However I have needed a new game for a while. Feels like Atlus don't think these things through to be fair. Still it's the 25th anniversary of the series this year so who knows maybe we will have Persona 5 Arena that tales place after Royal. Alternate timeline thing.

I'd make up my own theory for Kasumi like Joker was a bit more of a **** in his response to saying no about her joining before the Shido fight and in response broke the deal.
Also her not being involved in the final battle still pisses me off as there was no explanation as to where she was even was.

Hoping for Persona 6 announced this year as I'm still somewhat confident that it will take place in Okinawa or Hawaii. Off-hand comment.
I ****ing love Strikers, and while I haven't played/experienced the additions from Royal, aside from never mentioning Kasumi, like... there's not really anything there that Strikers contradicts so... they could just have both be cannon in Arena and have Kasumi meat Sophie and Zenkichi for the fist time. Hand wave why she wasn't there and all that. Though I could be wrong.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I did play & finish both Galaxy games when I was younger and didn't feel any anxiousness related to height...

But then again, I didn't have it as bad with height as I have now, soooo maybe it would affect me now?

Either way, really suck this game make you feel this bad.
I mean, that's part of the deal with phobias is that they're a bit different for everyone. Some people's fears are more easily triggered by certain things then others.

I have a very mild fear of heights and I've always felt a weird chill down my spine when I see a balloon float away. I don't know why that gives me a slight feeling of vertigo when some theme park rides don't but it does.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I mean, that's part of the deal with phobias is that they're a bit different for everyone. Some people's fears are more easily triggered by certain things then others.

I have a very mild fear of heights and I've always felt a weird chill down my spine when I see a balloon float away. I don't know why that gives me a slight feeling of vertigo when some theme park rides don't but it does.
Yeah I get what you're saying.

It's really weird, sometime I can walk to place who is very high (enough you can see that falling down there wouldn't be, ahem, good for your bones) no problem, and other time i'm scared out of my mind that I may fall despite there being a fences or the like, despite me walking in the same places for years now.

It does truly suck when that kind of phobia can affect your enjoyement of a game or piece of media that can't hurt you in any real way, but your fears are just too strong to just ignore it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So remember that deer Pokémon from the original leak of legends?

Im 90 percent sure it’s a new Pokémon now:

There’s two extra antlers Under the main one. So not only are those mount images real Pokémon, they hid the designs of them.

This is either a regional or ancient stantler or an evolution imo.
Also Wario Bros. Wario Bros. i didn’t even see this was post I responded to you on till now lol

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I ****ing love Strikers, and while I haven't played/experienced the additions from Royal, aside from never mentioning Kasumi, like... there's not really anything there that Strikers contradicts so... they could just have both be cannon in Arena and have Kasumi meat Sophie and Zenkichi for the fist time. Hand wave why she wasn't there and all that. Though I could be wrong.
Speaking of, if P5Arena ever happens, Sophie would end up being really fun to play as, i like her main weapons.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Bloody hell my sibling is really going crazy tonight on something. Looks like I won't be able to get any reading or story writing done.

Also my light novel arrived and have been reading it earlier. For a spin-off of one of my favourite anime (Spice and Wolf) it's really fun. Might finish Demon Slayer then and check it off the list.

While I agree that the second half of Franxx needed more time in the oven and wasn't anything close to what I expected, it's not like the whole VIRM twist came out of complete nowhere since there actually were a few hints sprinkled here and there, most notably with Papa and the others discussing their plan in space at one point and the Klaxosaur Princess' encounter with APE to where she remarks "damned human wannabes". I don't know; I think there's objectively much better anime out there but I can't help but still love the show, and I feel even stronger about it after rewatching it recently with my brother (who also really enjoyed it).
Still think that is why I still have issues with the show. Most of the first half was great despite a bit of pacing issues here but it takes a strange turn. There was too much crammed in it felt. I feel like 24 episodes was not enough and maybe something like 40 to have smoothed it better.

Like about five episodes of a prequel to have seen more of the political or economical ramifications of magma energy and seeing APE trying to get countries to go with their grand plan. Seeing some places like China or US refusing and not going down without a fight and how some think klaxosaurs are the bringers of the end times.

Also stuff like the VIRM twist was just lackluster even with the hints as you mentioned. There's a bunch of other stuff but I'll leave that for another day.

Darling in the Franxx is to me something I'd give 7/10 of an anime. And when I place it as exactly the same number of rating as Rising of the Shield Hero and Konosuba its part of a where place in my ranking system. To say about those three in common, all have characters that I do adore which I think is the strongest point of them all.

Again I know and understand why you loved the anime, just didn't click with me as much.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Been farming G-Pikachu all day, still no Shiny. Normally, when I make a post like this, I find it a few minutes later, so that's the goal of this post.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
My thoughts on when the soonest we could see news on the mainline Pokémon games?

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl- April, mid March if we're lucky

Legends: Arceus- Last quarter of 2021

D

Deleted member

So I want to go fishing for the first time in a long while but because I’m now 17 I need to aquire a permit before I do, otherwise I’m breaking the law.

I mean, I’m only doing it for fun anyway, and not keeping anything I catch, but I don’t want to willingly do something illegal so I guess I’ll just have to wait :048:

Dutch Raikuna

Currently debating on when if I should pick up Spice and Wolf and The Devil is a Part Timer light novels from where the anime ends.

Since the chances of those two getting another season of anime is pretty unlikely.

Thing is though. It would look way too awkward to have 1 then suddenly 5 or 6 right?

Dutch Raikuna

I don't know what's more likely to happen.

A week of UK game sales where FIFA, GTA and Call of Duty aren't in the top 10 or me getting attacked by a wild bear.

Like flip me, GTA 5 has been out for 8 years.

Who the **** is still buying it every week? Mothers who think it's the best game to teach wee Timmy about life?

Last edited:

BIG D Was Taken

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
BIGD#791
OWO WAT’S TH-
okay but seriously, this is actually kinda neat, considering the effort the builders went to just to make this.
not much effort was actually put, chances are, they used baritone to place the blocks for them and mine the enderchests for obsidian, the hard part is just protecting the build at spawn until its done

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
OK. I think i'm gonna cave and just buy Persona 5 Royal on PS4. Any guides you recomend, cause I'm in it for the story and I want to make sure I experience all of it. ALL of it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

not much effort was actually put, chances are, they used baritone to place the blocks for them and mine the enderchests for obsidian, the hard part is just protecting the build at spawn until its done
I’d argue that’s still more effort than most projects in your regular minecraft world. Just outlining the project probably took weeks alone, let alone getting the materials and labor needed.

Last edited by a moderator:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
And finished the Tom & Jerry movie. If someone tells you that you should watch it:

I saw a load of those who recommend the film within the audience reviews especially within Beyond the Trailer's Grace Randolph review who never even watched the Tom and Jerry cartoons before and somewhat did not know the dog's name is within the film (which is Spike.) She even went to say that Colin Jost was good even though for me he was by far the worst aspect of the entire film.

But other than that, this is one of the reasons why I don't often trust audience reviews that much.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
That low poly model was in the original version, it's just easier to see now with better resolutions.
Oh yeah I know.

Honestly, the port is solid. A lot better than what I had heard.

...That said, while this will probably be my main version because I can now play the better release of SM64 portable (IMO), the overall best version of said release is always gonna be the unofficial PC port because of projects like Render96.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom