• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Well, that was... ok-ish.
But with Min Min and now Pyra, does ANYONE doubt now that Mii Costumes are disconfirmations?

R O F L

Smash Ace
I absolutely love Splatoon and I'm incredibly hyped for Splatoon 3.
Though, the direct was pretty disappointing. Only two new actual new games from Nintendo, and one of them isn't releasing this year.
3rd Party announcements were okay-ish. Nothing exciting for me anyways.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Not too many things that personally excited me but Pyra/Mythra, Mario Golf, Ninja Gaiden Sigma trilogy, and Skyward Sword HD were excellent announcements.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
y'all don't even know how much this direct shook me

mario golf

miitopia is alive

SKYWARD SWORD BUT NOW IT ACTUALLY PLAYS WELL

SPLATOON PECKING 3

I don 't even care that the Smash news was a whelming pick for me, oh my goodness, I have not been this elated with Nintendo news in a long time.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Btw, what is famicom detective club?
it's a visual novel investigation game Nintendo made in the 90's that was never brought to the west.

Think Ace attorney.

Ayumi (The main girl of the series) has that spirit in ultimate and a trophy in melee.

The second game has a fan translation and i enjoy it a lot, glad to see it getting an official release in the west.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Other than No More Heroes III (thankfully given enough time for me to finish Travis Strikes Again) and Spla3n (the sequel to Spla2n), nothing that really screams at my wallet.

Not bad though.

D

Deleted member

Well, as someone with zero experience, I'm indifferent to Pyra/Mythra. From a design standpoint, I would've preferred Elma though, the Xenoblade 2 designs don't do it for me personally. Wonder how many people got mad at Rex's line about not being able to join though.

That lady during the Project Triangle was trying way too hard to sound mysterious. Seems like a good game though for those that are into Square RPGs.

Splatoon 3 sure was a surprise to see, I thought it would've been a purely singleplayer spin-off. Feels a bit too early for a proper sequel? But hell, loving that Mad Max aesthetic and I love Splatoon, so it's a win/win.

FAMICOM DETECTIVE CLUB IN THE WEST, **** YEAH! Hopefully it's getting a physical release.

D

Deleted member

Splatoon 3 is pretty cool beans.

Not exactly happy with Pyra but eh. I wouldn’t have been pleased anyway, so I don’t exactly have a right to complain.

D

Deleted member

Hello everyone, just came back from watching the Direct and I really want to share my thoughts about It. Gonna tag osby osby , Smush Smush , Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! and Noipoi Noipoi so they can see this post but I will be tagging other people as the post goes on too.

First of: Pyra and Mythra in Smash. Really Happy that my good friend Lamperouge Lamperouge got against all the odds a Xenoblade 2 character in Smash. The stage looks bland, but the Fighter's moveset makes up for It by being so cool and reminding me of the good old times when Zelda could transform into Sheik and Zero Suit Samus was just a final Smash transformation. Not a bad reveal at all.

Next, Famicom Detective Club. So, so happy that It is coming to the West. It won't come with spanish subtitles but I don't care. Gonna try to buy It at launch so Nintendo keeps reviving more classic NES IPs.

One of the elephants in the room: Mario Golf. This one was my favourite reveal and this was basically me after seeing everything shown for that Game:
Full on Story Mode with a great use of the Miis, beautiful graphics, a really exciting free roaming mode and a promising beginning roster.
So hyped for that one, I will try to get It at launch if possible.

Next, Miitopia on Switch. Holy **** I'm so happy with the love Miis got on this Direct and hopefully I can get to buy this game. Heard great things about It back on the Miiverse days.

Ok, so I'm so happy that NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy got three Ninja Gaiden games on the Switch after so long. I hope he is Happy about those and maybe I will check them out.

The Game by the creators of Danganronpa looks really cool. I may check It out for Smush.

Now, Skyward Sword on Switch. I'm so happy for TheMightyP TheMightyP Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy and I as I'm sure the three of us really wanted that game on the Switch. I really like what they did with the controls, and the new joycons look really cool.

The Square Enix strategy Game was honestly the least interesting part of the Direct for me. It looked cool but It didn't seem like my kind of thing so I was like whatever while they were showing It.

Finally: Splatoon 3. It looks promising, although I feel we didn't see enough of It to make a fair reception of It. I like the theming they are doing doh.

So yeah, all in all I really loved this Direct. There were a lot of things I liked, and I really hope It was the case too for many people here.
Now I think I'm gonna eat something.

cothero

Smash Lord
So, a character release in mid february, only two months after Sephiroth reveal ... Wasn't expecting that at all.

That makes me think about a planning release for fighter # 80 in april and fighter # 81 in june, so they can wrap up fighter pass 2 at E3. Kinda makes sense.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Ninja Gaiden, No More Heroes 3 Mario Golf, Monster Hunter and Triangle Strategy were cool, solo Pyra/Mythra is alright I guess otherwise...

1613602307886.png

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Salmon Run is my favourite bit of Splatoon lore, so I really hope they expand on it as much as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom