• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Honestly outside of Splatoon 3 and Miitopia there doesn’t seem to be anything particularly interesting to my wallet.
A9B9FC55-63C9-4CC1-A38C-1FA04473E4EF.png

“But still, that’s something!”

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
I am extremely whelmed and confused as to our newest Smash development

but also YEAHHHHHHH FDC LOCALIZATION AND MARIO GOLF AND MIITOPIA AND NINJA GAIDEN WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
On the flipside though, I bet this means they both take up a World of Light placeholder spot, meaning we probably went from 4 unaccounted for ones to 3.
Which if true is interesting, that leaves us with 3 extra spots. So maybe last two character have similar alts. Maybe Crash and coco?

Also this makes the FP 2 very interesting. The picks seem to be pulled for characters that almost made base game. So who else do we know of that got cut?

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Yeah same but hey, I got Miitopia and the octopath-like game and hell, Mario golf looks interesting to me also
I'm not a big RPG guy, so this was probably in the bottom quartile of Directs for me.
Skyward Sword is cool, and I hope it leads to ports of Twilight Princess and Wind Waker coming to Switch.
But goddamn, Sakurai keeps killing my OCD by adding Secondary characters before protagonists.
At least Lesley is happy somewhere, if anyone remembers her crusade for female fighters. If you count Alex, then 4 out of the 5 characters in Fighter's Pass Volume 2 are female.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Figure I repost this here, just in case:

Alright, alright, alright, alright, alright, alright.....

I'm very dizzy right now, feel like i'm gonna fall at any seconds, and I should probably going to bed now instead of writting this.....

But....My god....it happened, it freakin' happened.

One of my favourite games of all time got a rep, and...

While I haven't read any posts, i'm sure alot of peoples right now are confuse, dissapointed, angry, or the like, and you know, that's fine.

As someone who didn't got any characters I truly wanted for years, I understand that feeling of getting a character from a game that, let's be frank, as some questionables character design, got quite alot of problems here and there and is quite recent compared to other franchise who in a way deserve that spot more, and be not very happy as a result.

I truly get it, if you don't like Pyra/Mythra getting in, I won't throw rock at you, so long you don't throw rocks at me in return.

'cuz right now, I'm really, really happy, I think it's the happiest I ever been when it come to Smash news, and while i'm pretty sad that we didn't got Omori reveal, I can let it pass this time. Because finally....I got a character I really love....

With that all said, ladies, gentlemen, have a good night/day/what have you, and hope it didn't ruin your day too much.

See ya all....

Oh and, freakin' rest in peace, Rex.

I love you, but alongside KOS-MOS & Elme unfortunaly, this isn't that time.

Sorry for the fans of those two characters, hope Pyra/Mythra still is decent for ya.

AND I SEE YOU, CHUGGAACONROY.
HE SAID F*CK
I HAVE PROOF

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
First of: Pyra and Mythra in Smash. Really Happy that my good friend Lamperouge Lamperouge got against all the odds a Xenoblade 2 character in Smash. The stage looks bland, but the Fighter's moveset makes up for It by being so cool and reminding me of the good old times when Zelda could transform into Sheik and Zero Suit Samus was just a final Smash transformation. Not a bad reveal at all.
Thank you! I honestly thought that XC2 missed its chance with Ultimate but I'm ecstatic to be proven wrong. My heart was pumping a mile a minute when I saw the Cloud Sea and the "not actually gameplay footage" notice. Shame that Rex is still going to be the butt of jokes but I'm not going to lie and say that I don't prefer Pyra and Mythra over him, so yeah, I have new mains now lol.

Shroob

Sup?
Which if true is interesting, that leaves us with 3 extra spots. So maybe last two character have similar alts. Maybe Crash and coco?

Also this makes the FP 2 very interesting. The picks seem to be pulled for characters that almost made base game. So who else do we know of that got cut?
The question is if Pokemon Trainer takes up one spot or 3.

If they do, we probably have our answer.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
  • Pyra/Mythra is alright, I have no positive or negative feelings whatsoever over them.
  • Famicom Detective Club is cool, have always wanted to play that since I first saw Ayumi's trophy in Melee. And I like murder mysteries.
  • I don't care enough about golf to buy Mario Golf, but I liked how they brought back Story Mode from the GBA games. Now if they can do the same for the next Mario Tennis game.
  • Seems a bit early for Splatoon 3, I feel, but it looks like it could be fun.
  • Project Triangle and World's End Club look interesting, I might want to keep track of those.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

Decidueye and Alucard.

I kid you not.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Lamperouge Lamperouge I just want to say one thing to you with that first announcement that was probably your reaction like mine:

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss! Yes Yes Yes!!!!!!!!!!!

A second Xenoblade Rep!

I love you all. It's a good day.

Splatoon 3! Hades physical release! Mario Golf! Famicom Detective Club! The fact that ****ing Fall Guys on Switch came to me in a Dream a month ago is some crazy freaky coincidence!

Good Direct but not having Skyward Sword with the others was a weak point but what you can you do.

And I ended up not drinking a sip of Dr Pepper in the end.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Splatoon 3, Skyward Sword HD, Mario Golf (even tho I suck at golf games regardless), Tales from the Borderlands on Switch, AoC expansion pack, DC Teen Hero game but it’s still a DC game so yummy, and Persona 5 Strikers still coming out Tuesday

my Lordy Lordy

R O F L

Smash Ace
I really hope they fix and refine Miitopia's mechanics. The mii mechanic and stuff is perfect, it was just a shame the gameplay sucked.
PLEEASE do more than just a graphical upgrade, it can be so much better!

Noipoi

Howdy!
We got two more fighters to go, chillax
Nah im thinkin he’s dead. I should’ve figured it out when Steve was dropped. No way we get more than one western character.

Don’t worry, I’m not salty. Just accepting reality.

Decidueye and Alucard.

I kid you not.
Oh ****

Owl man’s revenge

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
well that was certainly.... interesting.

Pyrrha and Mythra. Interesting. Not a choice I would have made, but definitely interesting. Need to see that presentation dedicated to them to really gauge how I feel.

I’m officially going all in on Crash and a Namco fighter now. Same place I was in after last E3. Funny how life has a tendency to do stuff like that. Disappointing that it’s not a completely new series to the game. But... eh. Neat I guess.

News on No More Heroes 3 was fun. Finally getting that Ninja Gaiden collection is metal as ****. And this will probably surprise you but I’m actually excited for the Famicom Detective Club localizations.

Beyond that... Splatoon 3 is neat. Skyward Sword on switch is neat, though using the analogue stick for the sword swings.... man I’m glad I had no intentions of playing this because that is going to feel clunky as hell for those poor sods who actually try to use it. Most of the other stuff... we got some RPGs that they spent way too much time on.... age of calamity DLC..... a weird EA game with more interesting characters in the trailer then in the game itself.... kind of a low-hype direct if I’m being honest. That Heaven bounty Hunter game looked neat until they brought out the cards.

No Bayonetta 3 and nothing for any of the series that have an anniversary this year. No Donkey Kong. No Metroid. No Pokémon. And one Zelda game that most people don’t like. I can see Zelda getting its own 35th anniversary direct. And Pokémon, then doing there own directs is basically expected so no harm there. But DK and Metroid.... I really can’t see them getting their own directs. So we’re either getting nothing to celebrate or they won’t reveal it till closer to... E3? Are they even gonna DO a mid-year direct or will they wait till fall? Disappointing to not see them get any love, especially with all of the “filler” in the direct where they just repeated themselves for the sake of filling time.

And man. I really think they should have done a double reveal for Smash (if you make a joke I will kill a goat). Mainly just because of the uncertainty of a mid-year presentation and my absolute hunger for news about this game. But like.... I just can’t believe nobody else is sick of how they do reveals.

D

Deleted member

One thing to also consider about Mario Golf people:

It is made by Camelot which also made Mario Tennis Aces. So there's potential that the character roster will be as great.

This gives me a lot of hope that this will be the next appearance of Pauline in Mario spin-offs.

Dyamanttine

Smash Journeyman
I know this doesn’t mean much, but for someone who always loved playing legend of mana this meant a lot to me, I even cried for god sake watching the reveal

Now for Pyra and mythra, they bot deserved to be here ( and yeah I played the game, just didn’t finished it ), and we got two characters in one, this fighters pass is really something else

edit: for those who doesn’t know, even my profile picture has a character from that game, and I’ve been using it ever since I got here xD

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The question is if Pokemon Trainer takes up one spot or 3.

If they do, we probably have our answer.
Afaik they do not. Even if they did, their slots would have been accounted for base game. The four extra slots were added when the 11 slots for both passes were. Implying they knew full well what was filling those slots.
Decidueye and Alucard.

I kid you not.
I mean like Byletth, ending on a pokemon wouldn't surprise me.
Yeah, Crash feels like an E3 reveal, not a regular-ass Direct tbh.
He definitely would. I hope if hes in, they get the crash mascot guy for the trailer. It's too good to pass up. Just imagine the E3 Direct opening with Crash outside NOA or even better, it opens with the Smash 64 commercial and he shows up alongside them.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm legitimately hyped that were going to get to play the first Detective Club, that game has never been in english.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
WHY CAN'T I SEE THE COSTUME ALT FOR PYRA/MYTHRA ON THE WEBSITE?

SAKURAIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!

I still love you but still.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
How to know it's a Smash trailer: Not actual gameplay footage
Seeing that "Not actual gameplay footage" before the Splatoon 3 trailer made me think that it was a Monster Hunter reveal for Smash at first. (I don't know why Monster Hunter - I guess the cliffs and the focus on the sky made me think that a Rathalos was going to swoop down)

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Figure I repost this here, just in case:

Alright, alright, alright, alright, alright, alright.....

I'm very dizzy right now, feel like i'm gonna fall at any seconds, and I should probably going to bed now instead of writting this.....

But....My god....it happened, it freakin' happened.

One of my favourite games of all time got a rep, and...

While I haven't read any posts, i'm sure alot of peoples right now are confuse, dissapointed, angry, or the like, and you know, that's fine.

As someone who didn't got any characters I truly wanted for years, I understand that feeling of getting a character from a game that, let's be frank, as some questionables character design, got quite alot of problems here and there and is quite recent compared to other franchise who in a way deserve that spot more, and be not very happy as a result.

I truly get it, if you don't like Pyra/Mythra getting in, I won't throw rock at you, so long you don't throw rocks at me in return.

'cuz right now, I'm really, really happy, I think it's the happiest I ever been when it come to Smash news, and while i'm pretty sad that we didn't got Omori reveal, I can let it pass this time. Because finally....I got a character I really love....

With that all said, ladies, gentlemen, have a good night/day/what have you, and hope it didn't ruin your day too much.

See ya all....

Oh and, freakin' rest in peace, Rex.

I love you, but alongside KOS-MOS & Elme unfortunaly, this isn't that time.

Sorry for the fans of those two characters, hope Pyra/Mythra still is decent for ya.

AND I SEE YOU, CHUGGAACONROY.
Little do you know that a storm is coming.
We had four Fire Emblem characters in base Smash 4. Now we have eight.
It's pretty intuitive to say that Rex is likely coming to Smash 7, but then Sakurai will notice that 75% of the Xenoblade representation is from 2, so he adds Dunban and Fiora to balance out 1 and 2. Then he gives us Elma out of popular demand, then Cross, because he's the playable character in X. Then Xenoblade Chronicles 3 comes out, and Nintendo wants to do a promotion, so before you know it, we'll have 9 Xenoblade fighters.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Excuse me, but...

FAMICOM DETECTIVE CLUB IN THE WEST

Sorry, but I can barely contain my excitement, never thought we'd see the day Nintendo would greenlight it. Finally I get to play the first game. And I really hope that if it does well, they decided to remake the third game in the series. Or maybe Shin Onigashima.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom