• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I guess I just don’t see the appeal.
I mean to each their own. I for one find a game much more satisfying when I experience something new after playing the game for dozens of hours, rather than doing the same thing over and over again and getting frustrated because I just want to progress. Games like BotW if I get frustrated I can lay a marker down and keep playing the game while still doing something else to fullfill my enjoyment of the game.

More linear games have a tendency to bottleneck their progress, while open world games are kinda like a network of different paths sort of like travelling up a tree with different branches leading you to to the top.

I am speaking for myself. I understand the appeal of having an obstacle in front of you and having that moment of satisfaction of finally clearing said obstacle, but at the same time, I don't want to play a game to hate it if that obstacle just becomes stupidly frustrating, and there's nothing else to do in the game until I pass said obstacle.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Think I'll make tomorrow a story working day.

As since I'm staying up til the crack of dawn to fix the sleeping pattern (thanks my wonderful sibling and your 3am Xbox shouting) might make a roster thing or another random story pitch.

Also you guys should watch Wonder Egg Priority. Especially if you liked something like Madoka Magica as it's like a midpoint between that and Persona if that makes sense. Plus I love its OP so I'm posting it here. Don't think I've seen one use IRL shots before in anime.

Anyways I'm gonna go make some ramen. Beef Flavour!

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Interesting. I've been interested in the idea of a Harry Potter reboot, but i think it should be a few more years before that happens (and also animated but that's not happening). I do think a Harry Potter spinoff show would be neat, maybe it could be like the Mandalorian, a story that expands on the world of Harry Potter without too many direct references to the books.

and also get J.K Rowling a thousand and 2/3rds of a mile away from the series.
I agree. An expansion of some sorts. Preferably something set in Fantastic times, but nothing to do with Grindlwald, etc. Keep out the modern tech.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Cryptozoologicon: White Death

Name: Alaskan tiger
Scientific name: Panthera Tigris alaskanus

Based on sources of Siberian tiger fossils being found in Alaska. In the hypothetical world of Cryptozoologion. The White Death is the only species of tiger native to the new world being the largest cat in the Americas surpassing the jaguar.

Descending from Siberian tigers that crossed the Bering Land Bridge in prehistory hundreds of thousands of years ago, the White Death similar to polar bears evolved a mostly white coat with transparent stripes to help it camouflage into its surroundings to ambush and catch prey.

Currently ranging from Alaska, Northern Canada, and upper parts of British Columbia, this feline was respected by indigenous people as majestic and a symbol of strength and power like the brown bear featured in their myths and cultures notably in some versions a rival to both the brown and polar bear.

It once ranged all across Canada and even as far down as the northern part of the United States but years of overhunting for its fur back then had since reduced it to its current range, while currently an endangered species. Conversation efforts have since helped it where it currently sits with continued protection enduring its survival.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Fury Shadows are a thing in this new mode and one takes the shape of Luigi.

Something tells me Cat Theory is true.

We also don't know the point of the cat medals you collect that aren't the Shines. It's not for items so the shop theory seems unlikely. Unless it's to unlock stamps themed after Bowser's Fury I guess

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
All this stuff going on in Reddit and Wallstreet has made me take some interest in the stock market. Since I have so much free time thanks to Covid I'll probably spend a lot of today and tomorrow doing research.

Usually I'm a bit adversed to gambling, but unlike slot machines and the current reddit bandwaggoing I can probably make some educated guesses. Besides, I could really stand to be a little mmmmm :ultrichter: .

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm honestly surprised r/wallstreetbets wasn't in public knowledge already as-is for how reckless it is.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I guess I just don’t see the appeal.
You can’t really fall in love with something if you brush them off and never give them a chance. I’m not gonna be a broken record and say you need to broaden your horizons but you made it through FFVII Remake which is linear yeah, but rather slow. The action is fast but the moment to moment gameplay, the rpg portion of it, is a slow burn game. If you gave more games like FFVII Remake a fair chance I’m certain you will fall in love with more games.

Though I may call you a little stubborn it’s ultimately your choice to avoid open world games. I just feel you should give them a fair chance. Especially Odyssey. The whole “playground of obstacles” you mentioned is basically what Odyssey is. It’s just expanded to the point you can do any of them in any order. It’s like Super Mario 64 but bigger and way better. If you don’t give it a chance though you won’t really see that. And if you decide you’re going to hate something before you play it, well you’re going to hate it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
who is ready for TLOU3?

this time Ellie and Abby become bffs and lovers due to a random ass team up that occurs to stop something more evil than one another

let’s go

D

Deleted member

Me having a late night gaming/anime revelation.

1. Taiga Aisaka from Toradora was in a fighting game - Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax
I swear that game's weird. It uses the Dengeki IPs (+ Valkyria & Virtua Fighter as bonus) for playable characters, but the stages are based on Sega. Like, you can have two Sword Art Online characters fighting on Green Hill Zone. Also Shana's top tier from what I could gather, so that's a plus. Too bad I still suck at that game.

And yes, I'm still bitter they made the basketball loli playable (forgot her name), but not Kino. Like, come on. At least she's playable in that RPG game, the limited edition even came with a Nendoroid of her and three others.

Also speaking of weird Dengeki crossovers, there's also Zettai Hero Project for the PSP, which, due to Nippon Ichi's love for cameos, also includes Laharl, Etna and Flonne. The rabbit hole goes deep once you look into that.

Man, could go on and on rambling about this.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Sometimes people online who I have never interacted with before will act like I’m their friend, or say I’m their friend. What clout does that even get you-

D

Deleted member

wow. Youtube’s system is dumb if this kinda stuff can happen.

They haven’t even uploaded anything for a few months now so it’s even weirder because you’ll usually get hit with stuff right after you upload videos

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I may or may not be doing a Hunger Games simulator later. Give me lots and lots of tribute ideas for if I do.
Alright, here are some tributes.

1. Waluigi
2. Frosty the Snowman
3. President John F. Kennedy from Call of Duty

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I may or may not be doing a Hunger Games simulator later. Give me lots and lots of tribute ideas for if I do.
Cloud Strife
Travis Touchdown
A sun conure parakeet named Charlie
Mewtwo
Elmer Fudd
Beta American Pikachu (“a tiger with huge breasts, like a character from the movie cats”), called “Tiddychu” for short.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom