• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
True, but at the same time I'd say Roger Craig Smith is more expensive than any of the 4Kids actors
The 4kids VAs got laid off, Sega simply chose not to renew their contracts and they also wanted an older sounding Sonic. Shame too, Jason Griffith really improved a lot from his awkward early years

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Aren’t those two the guys who wrote Colors and Generations? Those games were pretty good.
Colors writing was okay, Generations pretty much had no story, and everything after that nosedived fast IMHO.

This is partly why I feel Roger was so polarizing for people: The guy was given awful scripts. When he had actually good writing (Boom's cartoon, for example), Roger was excellent.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Aren’t those two the guys who wrote Colors and Generations? Those games were pretty good.
Generations had a pretty mediocre story with nothing that makes it stand out. Colors started the trend of Sonic games flanderizing the characters and replacing meaningful themes with childish humor.

They are good games but not thanks to their writing.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Generations had a pretty mediocre story with nothing that makes it stand out. Colors started the trend of Sonic games flanderizing the characters and replacing meaningful themes with childish humor.

They are good games but not thanks to their writing.
Tbh, Colors was fine for being a reset from "edgy" Sonic.

Like, aside from some cringy jokes, it was fine tbh.

It had some damn good zingers too.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

I disagree, Sonic's entire point was being more edgy, domesticating him was a huge mistake, even if we got the infamous copyright line

MooMew64

I wonder when they'll actually get around to announcing the new game(s)? My guess is probably March some time, but IDK, depends on how much info they wanna get out before release.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

osby

Smash Obsessed

The thing is, I don't think Sonic needed a reset in the form of Colors. Unleashed came out two years before it and did a great job at actually telling a meaningful story without being too dark or light-hearted.

Agreed that Colors isn't offensively bad, I just think it's a downgrade.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I drew Storm again. This one's a personal favorite of mine at the moment.

Got another drawing set up for Friday, then stuff'll resume on Monday.
Not bad. You did well on this.

MooMew64

The thing is, I don't think Sonic needed a reset in the form of Colors. Unleashed came out two years before it and did a great job at actually telling a meaningful story without being too dark or light-hearted.

Honestly, Unleashed's writing is its biggest saving grace: Take the polish of Colors and Generations with Unleashed's writing, and you'd have a pretty cool Sonic game.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I disagree, Sonic's entire point was being more edgy, domesticating him was a huge mistake, even if we got the infamous copyright line
Yes, but not like 06 levels of edgy

That's also true, but there's also the matter that it was a Wii exclusive, so it was definitely made for a younger audience probably just getting into Sonic.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I legit miss the more sotry driven Sonic stuff from the 2000's.

Yeah yeah, Sonic 06 was in this decade, but that game shouldn't negate the other good ****.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I didnt watch this video (but will do this right now) but you should probably share it it probably will explain the youtube algorithm also share it (because i suck at sharing)

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Well finished Gravity Rush 1, onto the next part of the saga.

Gravity Rush 2 DLC
Gravity Rush Interlude anime thing part 1
Gravity Rush 2 until a certain point
Gravity Rush Interlude anime thing part 2
Rest of the game.

Honestly it's so crap that PlayStation discontinued the series for some reason. Still stand by it that Gravity Rush 2 is one of their best first party games this gen.

Last edited:

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
So did Roger get camned kr did he leave on his own.

Because his "welp" seems like the former.
I’ve heard sega has been doing bad recently so that might have something to do with it

but the welp itself probably means nothing just an attempt of Rogers to keep it light is how it read to me

he might of been let go as the voice actor I just wouldn’t compile the welp into evidence of either is what I mean

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Shoot for something like Ducktales 2017 or the Ian Flynn comics. We don’t need to go all the way back to the Adventure era which was basically a Shonen anime. Being a tad more lighthearted is better for Sonic in general.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I’ve heard sega has been doing bad recently so that might have something to do with it

but the welp itself probably means nothing just an attempt of Rogers to keep it lightis how it read to me

he might of been let go as the voice actor I just wouldn’t compile the welp into evidence of either is what I mean
Sega's hotel division was doing bad though, plus, we know that like the other current Sonic VAs, RCS likely had to re-audition for every new game

D

Deleted member

I'm having trouble logging on to my email address. This worries me greatly.
oooo, I know that feeling. I keep on forgetting my password because I pretty much never actually log into my email and it infuriates me to no end

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Gravity Rush really needs an anime adaption.

Even better if it's by NetFlix.

Okami also deserves an anime. The animation alone would make it worthwhile, sure expensive but still worth the effort.

D

Deleted member

The password isn't the problem, it was an account key that's the problem.

Which is apparently tied to my cellphone, which broke.
If the SIM card didn't break(and you kept it) you could use another phone to fix this issue I'd wager.

Last edited by a moderator:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Roger was my favorite Sonic but for whatever reason Sega always has this tendency to cycle it’s voice actors. I’m gonna miss him, but I’m sure I’ll be fine with who comes next as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom