• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

There are creatures that science refuses to recognize.

But if our eyes see it...

If our cameras capture it...

Does it exist?

LOST TAPES

Do you believe?

STONE GIANT

Episode Title: "Stone Giant"
Subject matter: Genoskwa
Summary: A well-armed hermit having lived in the woods most of his life had been feeling paranoid as of late after mysterious occurrences of rocks being thrown at his home and supplies being ransacked, even with members of the local reservation who suggest he should move somewhere else. The cameras he set up eventually reveal what type of enemy and threat he's truly dealing with.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Is the Gamestop stock thing going to effect the company?
Gamestop is actually profiting off of this. Higher stock value means more money for Gamestop.

The people who are hurt by this are the rich hedge funders at Wall Street who betted on Gamestop's worth going down.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Wait... wait...

but he's my favorite voice actor for Sonic in Sonic's entire history! Dang, I feel really sad rn.

Best of luck to him in his future endeavors, even still.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Wha...

No. No. Nononononono

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

He was the best Sonic! D: What's happening? Don't tell me Tails' VA is getting replaced too!

What awful news to wake up to...

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Martinet has been Mario for 20 years, why is Sonic so inconsistent?
When you're the fastest thing alive, you go through voice actors very quick to the point you might not even notice.

That or there is no rhyme or reason. Perhaps Sega wanted some new take on Sonic, maybe his movie actor? It happened with Shaggy's actor from the Live Action Scooby Doo taking over as his official voice, maybe Sonic will follow the same path?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Just reading about the thing with Wall Street vs Reddit proves one thing:

The game is fun for the rich until a poor person finds the loophole. Then you get them regulated or assassinated because you are c-c-c-corrupt and afraid even though you would happily do this to trample over someone lower than you. Same applies to politics as well regardless of the country.

Reminds that despite all the technology and being in a civilized world our natural instincts for survival are still there.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Martinet has been Mario for 20 years, why is Sonic so inconsistent?
Either the death of Deem Bristow (Eggman's Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 voice actor) or the start of the Sonic X dub resulted in them changing the English voice actors to be consistent with Sonic X, and then after Sonic X ended (or maybe 4Kids shutting down had something to do with it), they changed voice actors again. (though thankfully, they kept Mike Pollock as Eggman - hopefully he's still voicing Eggman)

I'm not 100% sure about the timeline.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Either the death of Deem Bristow (Eggman's Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 voice actor) or the start of the Sonic X dub resulted in them changing the English voice actors to be consistent with Sonic X, and then after Sonic X ended (4Kids shutting down might have had something to do with it), they changed voice actors again. (though thankfully, they kept Mike Pollock as Eggman - hopefully he's still voicing Eggman)

Nah, as unlikely as it is, they should hire Jim Carrey to voice Eggman. :troll:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Oh heck, if they recast Eggman it's over. Mike is Eggman: Finding a replacement that would capture the same vibe would be nearly impossible.
Personal, I wouldn't mind someone sounding like Deem Bristow (if that is how his name is spelled) for Eggman. Just my opinion.

MooMew64

I'd bet Ben Schwartz is taking over the role entirely after portraying Sonic in the film to decent results.

Seems like the most logical step.
This is the scenario I'd be most okay with.

I'm not too fond of the idea of them returning to Jason like some will inevitably suggest, though. No offense to him, but speaking as someone who grew up in that era of Sonic, I was never a big fan of how Jason played it compared to Roger.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Either the death of Deem Bristow (Eggman's Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 voice actor) or the start of the Sonic X dub resulted in them changing the English voice actors to be consistent with Sonic X, and then after Sonic X ended (or maybe 4Kids shutting down had something to do with it), they changed voice actors again. (though thankfully, they kept Mike Pollock as Eggman - hopefully he's still voicing Eggman)

They changed the cast to the 4kids version because they were cheap and were already instudio VA, those got replaced due to the contracts expiring and Mike Pollock was the only one who re-auditioned, hell, Mike's outright said he needs to re-audition every game. Ben Schwartz is likely replacing RCS and honestly that sounds like a total upgrade, though obviously I'm hoping the best for RCS and hopefully Ben Schwartz doesn't get stuck with bad material like RCS did

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Oh they are making a KH3 Sora nendoroid figure, and it comes with the Toy story Keyblade, i love it.

He was actually my least favorite Sonic voice, i hope the guy from the movie replaces him, that voice fit Sonic really well.

MooMew64

I guess it's better to get this out of the way now than shock everyone when the inevitable game launches this year and people find out Roger isn't voicing Sonic in it.

But dang...As someone who adores Sonic Colors, this sucks. I hope whoever they get (pls be Ben Schwartz) will do as stellar of a job as he did.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I feel like this is the right time to mention that if my personal order from best to worst Sonic voice would be:Ben.
Ben Schwarts
Jason Grifith
Ryan Drummond
Jaheel white
Roger craig smith.

I'm pretty sure i'm forgetting someone but that's my general opinion on the Sonic voices.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
People are pointing out that Roger's last role as Sonic could very well be Puyo Puyo Tetris 2.

Now I'm starting to wonder if anniversary game already recorded lines or not? If so, there's a decent chance that may end up being his last game.
One 4chan rumour from december about a new game called Schwartz replacing RCS, it's a rather safe bet but I'm gonna spoiler tag the details in case it's real.

Sonic Rift
Return to the Adventure format of several gameplay styles.
NO CHAO GARDEN IN-GAME. It's a companion mobile app.
Sonic voiced by Ben Schwartz. Roger wants to retire from acting as some of you may know.
Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Shadow and Silver are playable.
Sonic has boost gameplay again. Much better than Forces but sadly not quite Unleashed/Generations tier. No 2D sections that I could see.
Tails in a mech. Much closer to how Gamma controlled than in SA2.
Knuckles treasure hunting, although with more of a combat focus. Similar to the Werehog gameplay. Can only assume this is because of the recent undeserved praise Sonic Unleashed has been getting.
Silver is more or less how he played in 06 but he's a lot faster and controls better. Not really saying much, of course.
Shadow is basically identical to Sonic, shocker.
Game takes place in the future mostly. Eggman reasons he can take over the world in a future time and waits for Sonic to die, cryogenically freezes himself.
Forgets about Orbot and Cubot. They inform Sonic of his plan out of sheer boredom.
Sonic rounds up Shadow and they try to chaos control to the future but it doesn't work due to insufficient power or some ****.
Characterization isn't too bad for once.
They go visit Knuckles on Angel Island. Yes you read that right, he's guarding the ****ing master emerald. This is how they get to the future.
Island doesn't crash.
Atleast they tried.jpg
They meet up with Silver and they try to stop Eggman's plans. Yadda yadda yadda.
Adventure remake rumors are bull****.
Game comes out in 2021 like Iizuka said.

MooMew64

One 4chan rumour from december about a new game called Schwartz replacing RCS, it's a rather safe bet but I'm gonna spoiler tag the details in case it's real.

Eeeeehhhhh

I don't really buy this, TBH. If it sounds like a fan's wishlist, it's more than likely bogus. We'll see, though. :drshrug:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I wouldn't be surprised if Ben Schwartz replacing Sonic. I mean, they hired a 4Kids voice actor who voiced Sonic in Sonic X to replace Ryan Drummond, so I can imagine Sega hiring a voice actor who voiced Sonic in a Sonic movie to replace Roger.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
People are pointing out that Roger's last role as Sonic could very well be Puyo Puyo Tetris 2.

Now I'm starting to wonder if anniversary game already recorded lines or not? If so, there's a decent chance that may end up being his last game.
I think he found out because they probably just started dubbing the anniversary game.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Yeah. Don’t buy it. Most of that stuff sounds... like, why would they know any of that unless they had been able to actually play it. Like, nah. Don’t believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom