• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Next God of War after Ragnarok should let you travel between lands like shown with Tyr.

Let you even return to Greece.

Lands I'd pick are

Egypt (Egyptian Mythology
Greece (Greek Mythology)
Japan (Japanese Mythology)
Mesoamerica (Aztec/Maya Mythology)
Scandinavia (Norse Mythology)

That's a good start, then future installments letting you travel to others like Celtic, Polynesian (Polynesia as a whole), Slavic (Russia), West African, etc.
I mean, I doubt they're gonna do anything but Norse in this one.

plus... you know what I want out of it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
some people want Ryuji to be the next VA for Sonic...for real
An Odyssey 2 is more likely than a 3D World 2, in my most personal of opinions.

Honestly I’d rather meet up with Cappy again for another globe trotting epic adventure.
I'm a petty **** who demands for both options

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I would also love for Inuit and Australian Aboriginal but the latter especially still follows their beliefs today so out of respect would be better to leave it out as cool and as much as I'd want it.

Shame because akhluts, qallupilluits, bunyips, and papinijuwari's would have made for awesome enemies.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I've played that game to the end of the story. Seemed pretty open to me. But whatever.
Outside of the lake it didn't feel as so to me. Still we hear it but you shouldn't hate them like their are all the world should be against.

Open world games ****ed her wife. It told her it’s map was “this big” and she said “that’s disgusting!” So she’s making a call out post on her Twitter dot com-
The first mistake was calling out someone on Twitter.

Next God of War after Ragnarok should let you travel between lands like shown with Tyr.

Let you even return to Greece.

Lands I'd pick are

Egypt (Egyptian Mythology
Greece (Greek Mythology)
Japan (Japanese Mythology)
Mesoamerica (Aztec/Maya Mythology)
Scandinavia (Norse Mythology)

That's a good start, then future installments letting you travel to others like Celtic, Polynesian (Polynesia as a whole), Slavic (Russia), West African, etc.

I would love for Inuit and Australian Aboriginal but the latter especially still follows their beliefs today so out of respect would be better to leave it out as cool and as much as I'd want it.
Yeah the series is gonna follow Norse. Though there is a comic coming out taking place after GOW in Egypt I think but it's more to do with Kratos fighting his personal demons.

D

Deleted member

ErPJOfnXMAcLK-m.jpeg

Completely unrelated to the current discussion but I only just now realized this is pretty much Kaldheim's Yggdrasil

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Yeah the series is gonna follow Norse. Though there is a comic coming out taking place after GOW in Egypt I think but it's more to do with Kratos fighting his personal demons.
Exactly why I said this.
I know that, that's why I said after Ragnarok. It has been confirmed they will explore other mythologies in future installments.
Has there been any word also whether that upcoming comic is canon?

D

Deleted member

hello? Hairs? I think someone is looking to split you?
I dunno, seems like a pretty valid point to me. open world games require pretty much absolute dedication to make(they are 100% open after all, you'd easily need hundreds more hours of bug testing at least, not to mention actually making it) so not explicitly designing around it could just be shooting yourself in the foot.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

The rise of Morshu memes just proves how timeless the cdi Zeldas are.
The games are garbage but the animation? A bona fide classic.

Like seriously, for the time the animation is really fluid

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
New York just giving up and accepting mutants roaming around their streets is nice for some TMNT universes

too bad the X-Men aren't that lucky...having to make their own ****ing country

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The meme can get annoying but

A part of me is hoping for Gamera to make a surprise appearance in helping Godzilla and Kong against the bigger threat in their film for when they supposedly team-up.

Gamera = Wonder Woman
Godzilla = Superman
Kong = Batman

Coincidentally they even fit.

Gamera being of ancient civilization origin as Wonder Woman comes from an ancient race of Amazonian warriors associated with Greek Mythology.
Godzilla being a superpowered dinosaur who has powers and abilities.
Kong simply just being a giant ape lacking powers but makes up for it with strategy and strength.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Ah gotcha, doesn't mean he along with Atreus can't return in future installments to Egypt. ;D

It could also explain Kratos' eventual arrival to Scandinavia as seen in the 2018 film.
Reminds me about when I had an idea for a Uncharted Lost Legacy/Miles Morales sized DLC in which Kratos gets hunted by two remaining Greek Gods in between the two games (Apollo and Artemis who I'm surprised to hell never properly appeared) and could have used some Slavic monsters or something.

Would have been great to use (and explore the world so much more) there.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The games are garbage but the animation? A bona fide classic.

Like seriously, for the time the animation is really fluid
The animations look like crap aesthetically but they move like butter.
Well, it's more like almost everyone got roller on that allow them to move like butter on skateboards. (the weird zoom in/zoom out)

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The meme can get annoying but

A part of me is hoping for Gamera to make a surprise appearance in helping Godzilla and Kong against the bigger threat in their film for when they supposedly team up.

Gamera = Wonder Woman
Godzilla = Superman
Kong = Batman

Coincidentally they even fit.

Gamera being of ancient civilization origin as Wonder Woman comes from an ancient race of Amazonian warriors associated with Greek Mythology.
Godzilla being a superpowered dinosaur who powers abilities.
Kong simply just being a giant ape lacking powers but makes up for it with strategy and strength
That would be great. Doubt it would happen. But it would be great.

D

Deleted member

I'm debating on whether or not I want to build a Sultai deck or just wait and save up for something else.
Always liked decks where the graveyard is a second hand but man those kind of decks are expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom