• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
the Captain Marvel crossover I've waited for

D

Deleted member

Finally watched the first two episodes of the second season of Dr. Stone. It certainly has been a while since I last watched it which was back two years ago, but it is great that it is back.
Dr. Stone isn’t exactly my cup of tea but I liked it

Last edited by a moderator:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Finally watched the first two episodes of the second season of Dr. Stone. It certainly has been a while since I last watched it which was back two years ago, but it is great that it is back.
I enjoyed the first season as well. The rivalry between Senku and Tsukasa was pretty great; seeing their very different philosophies on life set up for an interesting conflict.

I wish the secondary protagonist, Taiju, got more screentime though. His character has potential but despite a good setup, his character faded into irrelevancy fairly quick. I'm hoping we see more of him in season 2.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I enjoyed the first season as well. The rivalry between Senku and Tsukasa was pretty great; seeing their very different philosophies on life set up for an interesting conflict.

I wish the secondary protagonist, Taiju, got more screentime though. His character has potential but despite a good setup, his character faded into irrelevancy fairly quick. I'm hoping we see more of him in season 2.
Three episodes in Season 2 and I can definitely say it's far better paced. Season 1's pacing was the main issue I had with the show.

Season 2 is probably my favourite seasonal because of how much up a step up it is. (And look at my sig to see how many I'm watching)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
This wall street thing going on is glorious. The little guy is getting one up on the corrupt elite

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Arzest being involved with Balan Wonderland explains a lot really.
What a shame.

D

Deleted member

I only just now looked and realized I have over 500 hours on Gmod.

what is my life :nifty:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I uh, finished the Balan Wonderworld Demo.

I have a lot of critiques.

First of all the game seems strangely low budget. Animations for everyone except the main character is incredibly smooth but the moment to moment gameplay suffers because of how stiff he is. And yet the Cinematics are VERY well done. Like top notch stuff you’d expect to see from Square-Enix. So there’s this weird disconnect.

My second, biggest, and last critique is... this game seems like a relic of the past. The platforming is weird and seems very elementary, like something you’d see out of a old 3D platformer for PS1 or N64. The whole foundation of collecting costumes to traverse the world is an interesting concept but some just seem kind of not fleshed out. The dragon one in particular is weird because, since you literally only use 1 button to play and every button does the same thing, you can’t jump. The whole thing feels rather restricting because you can only do certain things and you can only carry 3 costumes at a time but the world is built around using EVERY costume. Something I also noticed is that if you lose a costume in a level by dying there’s no way to get it back without restarting or finishing the level.

All things considered I’m actually disappointed in the game so far. Maybe things will change as I dive deeper into the demo but right now... it just seems dull. Everything besides the cool character designs and shifting scenery is just rather dull sadly.

Edit: Ok so apparently this demo is longer than I thought so I’m not quite done with it. Will update it after I actually finish it lol
Yeah update to this. To say it lightly Reviewers are not going to be friendly to this game. It’s just not very good.

D

Deleted member

Yeah update to this. To say it lightly Reviewers are not going to be friendly to this game. It’s just not very good.
Bit of a shame because the game looked pretty good on paper.... imagine this will probably be another Cyberpunk 2077 situation where the game just need(ed) more time to be fully fleshed out.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Bit of a shame because the game looked pretty good on paper.... imagine this will probably be another Cyberpunk 2077 situation where the game just need(ed) more time to be fully fleshed out.
No, the games core ideas just don’t work. The game is polished. It’s just bad.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
missing already

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Kirby Dragons Kirby Dragons

Make sure to tag me when you do that sim.

missing already
I can't express enough how much of a mistake this feels like. If Ben Schwartz replaces him.... then that's okay I guess. But I just can't picture him having the same range for the character as Roger's voice, as someone who loves him in DuckTales. And if it's someone who's not Ben... I hope he's at least good.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I can't express enough how much of a mistake this feels like. If Ben Schwartz replaces him.... then that's okay I guess. But I just can't picture him having the same range for the character as Roger's voice, as someone who loves him in DuckTales. And if it's someone who's not Ben... I hope he's at least good.
I think Ben would be way more expensive to get, best I could see is a voice match. But yeah I hope the next actor does the character justice

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It'll definitely take a while, like all other Sonic voices.

Give him time.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Whoever the next guy is, I hope he brings his own energy to Sonic.

Ryan Drummond, Jason Griffith, and Roger Craig Smith are all very different voices. And they give the character of Sonic different energies while still staying true to his cocky but hood hearted nature.

Don’t just get a Roger or Ben Schwartz sound-alike.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think Ben would be way more expensive to get, best I could see is a voice match. But yeah I hope the next actor does the character justice
I can't think of any other reason to replace Roger though. It's to match the movie's version of the character. Almost definitely.
It'll definitely take a while, like all other Sonic voices.

Give him time.
In DuckTales he basically had three modes, screaming, sad, and sarcastic. And there are some lines from Sonic's history that I just can't hear him saying in any of those three voices.

Besides. We shouldn't have to give him time. Roger is already perfect.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I can't think of any other reason to replace Roger though. It's to match the movie's version of the character. Almost definitely.

In DuckTales he basically had three modes, screaming, sad, and sarcastic. And there are some lines from Sonic's history that I just can't hear him saying in any of those three voices.

He probably needs better voice direction, despite Ducktales being good. Plus, Dewey and Sonic are two different characters. If he is the next Sonic voice actor, he'll improve if he isn't already good.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

I mean, people said the same thing about Griffith when Drummond was being replaced. And then the same for Roger when Griffith got canned.

Give it some years. He'll be fine

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Hey, anything's possible. If Roger can do Sonic well under their voice direction, I don't see how Ben couldn't.
I don't know. I just think he sounds a little too... childish. Like... Sonic's clearly like... a 20 something. But Ben Schwartz's Sonic voice in the movie sounded very... twelve. And in the movie he was very young. He was Classic Sonic, in a way. But in the games? Just try to hear the voice from the movie saying some of the dialogue from Sonic Colors or Sonic Generations or even the Adventure games. Doesn't it sound... off?

Noipoi

Howdy!
I don't know. I just think he sounds a little too... childish. Like... Sonic's clearly like... a 20 something. But Ben Schwartz's Sonic voice in the movie sounded very... twelve. And in the movie he was very young. He was Classic Sonic, in a way. But in the games? Just try to hear the voice from the movie saying some of the dialogue from Sonic Colors or Sonic Generations or even the Adventure games. Doesn't it sound... off?
Sonic’s 16, dude.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Sonic is 15, or 16. Still, you might as well give him time if he is Sonic's new voice. It's not like his voice acting is too limited for Sonic, anyway.

Believe me, Ben Schwartz can Dewey it!.....Yeah, I see the door to my left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom