• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Dude. No. If he's 16 then they have done a terrible job getting that across in the writing.

Next thing you're gonna tell me is that Mario is 16.
I don't know what 16 year old has a full grown moustache and sounds like that, but if you know one, tell them to lay off the testosterone.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well Tails doesn’t act like an 8 year old, and Amy doesn’t act like a 12 year old, so I don’t think they really care.
Exactly. The Sonic Cast are all 20 somethings. That's how they act. So that's what they are.

Classic Sonic is definitely younger though. I could buy Classic Sonic being a teenager and Modern Sonic being 10 years older.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I don't know what 16 year old has a full grown moustache and sounds like that, but if you know one, tell them to lay off the testosterone.
Puberty can hit people like a brick. When I did under 13s soccer there were kids who looked prepubescent and others that looked like they were on their second mortgage.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Want to post something lengthy anime related but don't know if it would get buried. Been having a bit of bad luck the past few days so don't know if I should and my Discord is dead, IRL friends are busy.

Also just watched Laid Back Camp's episode this week. Still great.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
But seriously, SEGA knew what they were doing with Rouge, especially back then when she has very obvious jiggle physics.

I don't know how to feel about her, because on one hand, wtf, but on the other, they really made an "I'm not a furry, but..." character, and lets be real, a lot of us kinda fall into the latter.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Whoever the next guy is, I hope he brings his own energy to Sonic.

Ryan Drummond, Jason Griffith, and Roger Craig Smith are all very different voices. And they give the character of Sonic different energies while still staying true to his cocky but hood hearted nature.

Don’t just get a Roger or Ben Schwartz sound-alike.
Couldn’t agree with ya more. Each actor brings their own take to the table when it comes to any role, doesn’t necessarily mean one is inherently better or worse than the other. As long as it stays true to the original character, I certainly thinking actors giving it a bit of their own spin is a good thing.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Couldn’t agree with ya more. Each actor brings their own take to the table when it comes to any role, doesn’t necessarily mean one is inherently better or worse than the other. As long as it stays true to the original character, I certainly thinking actors giving it a bit of their own spin is a good thing.
Hopefully they’ll allow Dave B. Mitchell to do his own take on Knuckles instead of trying to voice match Travis Willingham or Dan Green

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So what kind of music do u guys like?:196:
Anime, Game and Movie Soundtracks but also a lot of 80s and 90s stuff.

Pretty much the kinda stuff you would find in the Tony Hawk's and Burnout/Need for Speed games.

Yeah, I'm at least a bit more cultured in my music taste guys. Somewhat.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I think it's just a case of wanting someone else as Sonic now. Sega still use RCS in other titles like Yakuza 7 granted I'm not sure how much of a role he'll have in future.

Oh is he gonna be the new voice of Knuckles? Didn’t hear about that.
He's been Knuckles since Team Sonic Racing

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I think it's just a case of wanting someone else as Sonic now. Sega still use RCS in other titles like Yakuza 7 granted I'm not sure how much of a role he'll have in future.

He's been Knuckles since Team Sonic Racing
Ohhh I thought that was Travis Willingham for some reason. Now that I’m actually paying attention I can tell now, though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't know how to feel about her, because on one hand, wtf, but on the other, they really made an "I'm not a furry, but..." character, and lets be real, a lot of us kinda fall into the latter.
I mean if you wanna get technical the entire sonic cast are furries by definition: just not designed to be furry bait. Well..... Rouge is pretty close.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I mean that’s probably cuz of his theme songs
It's just a feeling you get, but yeah, the songs help.
I mean if you wanna get technical the entire sonic cast are furries by definition: just not designed to be furry bait. Well..... Rogue is pretty close.
Nah, Rouge was definitely furry bait. They gave her big jiggle physics on her (rather large) badonkers, there's no way that was an accident.

D

Deleted member

Nah, Rouge was definitely furry bait. They gave her big jiggle physics on her (rather large) badonkers, there's no way that was an accident.
Hence why I said “pretty close.”
It’s probably because I’ve been desensitized to furry bait... and other things better left unsaid, but Rouge just feels like she’s missing something that I can’t exactly place to define her as “furry bait.”

Last edited by a moderator:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I saw the first two episodes of WandaVision. I was a bit worried about the pacing because of the talk I saw about it, but it turned out to be just fine. Both episodes were enjoyable and kept me invested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom