• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
damn you Ness and Chrom for taunting me

this is why Gatekeeper-Kun is gonna beat you

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
My Melee Main search has continued, and I'm down to two characters.

1611801373197.png

Puff got 4th. She's got simple tech but I don't want to get bored when I play.

Doc got 3rd. He got so close to being my "new" main, but unfortunately, with his range being even worse than Regular Mario's, I just couldn't. I love most of his other stuff though.

I'll either go back to Falco... or have Marth be the king of my Melee depth chart.

:falcomelee: vs. :marthmelee:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Sonic Lost World has a built in feature where you can skip ahead a checkpoint if you die enough times. I use this feature without shame because some of these levels have bs design.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Sonic Lost World has a built in feature where you can skip ahead a checkpoint if you die enough times. I use this feature without shame because some of these levels have bs design.
bet it's better than the Shadow Mario platform levels from Sunshine...and this website not allowing me to look at Pit

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I can't speak to that. Despite owning 3D All-Stars, I still have yet to finish Mario 64, let alone Sunshine.
64 is quite an ass pain to get through, so that makes sense. So much pain from those 2 games...thank Rosalina for Galaxy
If it makes you feel any better, I’ve yet to see Incineroar or Banjo.
I've seen both too many times

and guilt tripping the website has not worked somehow

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
If it makes you feel any better, I’ve yet to see Incineroar or Banjo.
I think the site only shows certain characters on the sidelines.

For instance, I'm looking at the side and see Banjo and I also saw Pit on the side earlier.

Edit: So I zoomed out my page and now I see more characters at the top. Banjo was up there at one point.

And I just noticed how the side characters may or may not have a theme... it seems to vary too much..

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Me having a late night gaming/anime revelation.

1. Taiga Aisaka from Toradora was in a fighting game - Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax

2. Akira from Virtua Fighter was also in Fighting Climax.

3. He along with Selvaria from Valkyria was in Project X Zone

4. Ryu, Ken, Chrom and Lucina were also in Project X Zone.

5. The four are also in Smash Bros (Taiga for Smash Bros!)

6. Joker from Persona is in Smash Bros.

7. Who has crossed over with Yu Narukami in Persona Q2.

8. Who along with the Persona 4 gang has crossed over with Ruby Rose in BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle.

1611802080643.png

We need more anime fighting games! Want more stuff like Dengeki and Cross Tag Battle.

Yes I know Akira was AT but meant playable.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
You wouldn't get bored of the same level aestetic for that long?
Things clearly change up. There’s a snow area, and there’s tons of mini platforming challenges to complete, Bowser constantly waking up will keep you on your toes. It’s not all running aimlessly through a basic map.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm gonna quote my friend on this since it hit the nail on the head.

Hair Flick
But like... one level. I can't stress enough how boring that sounds! I'm not even complaining about the open design anymore. I just would like a little more variety in what I'm looking at if I'm playing for that long.

Things clearly change up. There’s a snow area, and there’s tons of mini platforming challenges to complete. It’s not all running aimlessly through a basic map.
I guess I need to watch the trailer again. Because it looked pretty small, homogenous, and basic to me.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Me having a late night gaming/anime revelation.

1. Taiga Aisaka from Toradora was in a fighting game - Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax

2. Akira from Virtua Fighter was also in Fighting Climax.

3. He along with Selvaria from Valkyria was in Project X Zone

4. Ryu, Ken, Chrom and Lucina were also in Project X Zone.

5. The four are also in Smash Bros (Taiga for Smash Bros!)

6. Joker from Persona is in Smash Bros.

7. Who has crossed over with Yu Narukami in Persona Q2.

8. Who along with the Persona 4 gang has crossed over with Ruby Rose in BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle.

View attachment 300788

We need more anime fighting games! Want more stuff like Dengeki and Cross Tag Battle.

Yes I know Akira was AT but meant playable.
Does my Sonic fighting game ideas count?

Noipoi

Howdy!
A large open area, with several mini biomes within the larger map, housing several mini platforming and combat challenges, all interconnected by an overworld that’ll frequently be under attack by a giant monster that you have to avoid until you unlock the final battle, six hours of content.

In a bonus mode for a Wii U port.

Seems like a sweet deal to me.

D

Deleted member

I just had a game of Town of Salem where I somehow managed to survive as a mafia while everyone kept voting me lmao(even more funny because I ****ed up and claimed Vet instead of Vig, although that didn't really matter because there were 3 Vigs anyway)

Niceu, that's one step closer to unlocking ranked

Last edited by a moderator:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
D

Deleted member

If anything that's a plus for me. I prefer when games stick to one single aesthetic rather than try a bunch of them. Same applies to stage and level design. the simpler the better they say.

Dutch Raikuna

Does my Sonic fighting game ideas count?
Oh yeah. I'll allow fan stuff for this.

If I got bored of sameish level aesthetics I would have gotten bored of a few of them like Gravity Rush and Assassin's Creed long ago.

Maybe it's the geography nerd in me but as I'm fine with same or completely different aesthetics............as long as the change of scenery looks a bit natural. looks at Nier Automata. And exceptions like Mario of course. It's hard to explain.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Snake, there are people who sink hundreds of hours into entirely open world games. Do you think this genre would popular if people got bored of it for six hours let alone for hundreds?

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Speaking as someone who adores JRPGs, I've come to appreciate shorter games a lot too: Especially since I'm gonna be entering the work force soon here and will have less time for gaming.

Epics that take me a month or more to beat are awesome! ...But I also really like something I can beat in a week, too: Let's me experience more games when I'm in the mood for something new.

And then there's stuff like Animal Crossing and Stardew Valley, which are just the video game equivalent of comfort food for me, ha ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom