• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

It's mainly just my jaw and cheekbone. I've had work done to 'fix' it, though stuff sometimes still clicks or gets a bit stuck.
That makes me uncomfortable. I'm worried for you, hopefully it truly gets fixed.
Anyway, Shiny, you're cool, ya don't need to worry about fitting in, aight? Aight lol.
Yes. I may forget this post, so if I go in another rant about not fitting in, you can show me this post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
What a weird night to end a day on. Spoiler discussions, Deltarune speculation, and an avoided cringey and offensive little nicky reference, all packed up like a slab of beef.

Well uh. Good night for real then.

D

Deleted member

On retrospective, it says a lot about me that how two of my favorite games go hard on mythology:

There was a problem fetching the tweet
The more I learn about mythology, the more it amazes me.

D

Deleted member

You may ask, why am I up at near 3:30 AM?

Well, the answer is WORK. So I will be up for a while, sadly.
Zeus turns people into cows
Greek Mythology Bible:
"This is what happens when you sin. Don't be a sinner."
1607070309177.png

D

Deleted member

Finally, I get to get a whopping three hours and a half of sleep.

Please help. Good night.

D

Deleted member

I got a question for folks here...

How many people here are familiar with Sonic Robo Blast 2 and Sonic Robo Blast Kart? Discovered both recently and while I still need to play SRB2, SRB Kart is super cool, and quite possibly the coolest fangame I've ever played.
raises half a hand

I haven't played SRB2 in... 15(?) years or so, but I remember really liking it. I'm very out of touch with the newer versions, but apparently they even got slopes now. I did see a bit of SRB2 Kart though, seems pretty interesting, especially with how many custom characters there are.

Come to think of it, back in the day, there was also a Sonic Riders project, I wonder if that ever got finished. Looked promising.

D

Deleted member

This is the ideal male body. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.
dds1qtf-1b304676-d811-49b7-91d9-d70da6ca876c (2).jpg

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Sigh, it's that time of the day again.
I feel very... Isolated. Like, yes, we're in a pandemic. But I feel isolated even in here. Like, I feel like I am too different for all of you, and I'm worried I don't conform here. As a result, I feel like I make people in here uncomfortable, and I feel like some even still have a grudge after what I have done. I feel like people like to dunk on me sometimes too. Not saying all of you are the wrong ones, far from it. But what do I do to be a better person? I am now in therapy again. And I'm aware that many don't care, which is fine. The people that do care... I am questioning things. It's not just here it is a problem, it is everywhere online. Like I remember being called a troll, or some evil manipulative supervillain that is trying to cause drama whenever I step. I admit I like attention, but I'm not a horrible person... Am I?
Best way to start to be a better person, is to stop hating on yourself. Self respect is a lot more important than the respect you get from others because you are the only person that is guaranteed to be apart of your life 100% of the time.

Stop seeking the approval of others and being so apologetic for your actions.

If you feel like you've ****ed up in some facet of life, then admit to yourself you ****ed up, hold yourself accountable and take responsibility, learn from your mistakes and move on instead of worrying that people don't like you because of it.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I sometimes wonder if my interest of liking stuff like anime makes people think I'm a bit creepy. I'm 23 and yet I like cute stuff more than "hard-ass man" kinda things.

Or the fact that I haven't really been doing much this year except writing, play video games/watching anime and eating nothing but stuff like ramen and ready meals. Feels like I have been a bit of a lazy butt through it all. And wrecked my family relations.

Then again 2020 has a lost year for 95% of the world so I suppose it's the one year where it's ok to do so. Means I really, really, really have to step up my game in 2021. Need to start getting the protein milkshakes in me again and fix that bike.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Despite my small self rant, just gonna post this amazing scene.

I don't usually like idol anime but Zombieland Saga is one of the funniest shows I've seen. And it's a premise that just screams anime. Girl gets killed by Truck-kun, becomes a zombie along with a few others and is asked to save Japan's equivalent of Vermont by becoming music idols.

It's really off the wall.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
I sometimes wonder if my interest of liking stuff like anime makes people think I'm a bit creepy. I'm 23 and yet I like cute stuff more than "hard-ass man" kinda things.

Or the fact that I haven't really been doing much this year except writing, play video games/watching anime and eating nothing but stuff like ramen and ready meals. Feels like I have been a bit of a lazy butt through it all. And wrecked my family relations.

Then again 2020 has a lost year for 95% of the world so I suppose it's the one year where it's ok to do so. Means I really, really, really have to step up my game in 2021. Need to start getting the protein milkshakes in me again and fix that bike.
Irepan I don't think you should worry about what people think of you. As long as you aren't overindulge in your passions with strangers then you should be fine. This generation is pretty open about Anime, comics and video games. Much more than in the past.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
he's been working on and hinting at deltarune stuff for 5 years, and he's still on it.

How does he do it.
You could say he is very Determinate.

That, and Deltarune was apparantly the first project that Toby had in mind, and that Undertale came out later as a result of DR.

That's why I'm really excited for the full game to come out, I feel like DR is the key for some of UT still unanswered questions. (well that, and a new game with new characters and new options to flirts is always good too)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I know I should be talking about Persona 5 Strikers, but Euphoria released their first special on HBO Max tonight...and my god does it hit hard

if you want you can ignore what I say, but if any of y’all know people who have issues with drug addiction (or if you have an addiction yourself), I definitely recommend watching the episode. Despite not having or knowing anyone with being unable to stop, this episode would definitely help understand the struggles.

if anyone find this to be a touchy subject I apologize, but I just want y’all who might read this to know about it
this still stands btw, so yeah...keep the love and I’ll go back to my normally scheduled program

D

Deleted member

Buddy, pal, brosky, like what you like. I'm older and I like cute ****, nothing wrong with that. On the flipside, I also love dark and creepy/horror stuff, which isn't exactly what a lot of people would call girly, but I don't care about that. Hell, I rarely even wear a dress.

In short, who cares if you're a guy who doesn't like manly things, forcing yourself to act like someone you aren't isn't good. If people have an issue with that, let them, it's your life, not theirs and as long as it doesn't harm anybody it's totally fine.

D

Deleted member

This is the ideal male body. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

Best way to start to be a better person, is to stop hating on yourself. Self respect is a lot more important than the respect you get from others because you are the only person that is guaranteed to be apart of your life 100% of the time.

Stop seeking the approval of others and being so apologetic for your actions.

If you feel like you've ****ed up in some facet of life, then admit to yourself you ****ed up, hold yourself accountable and take responsibility, learn from your mistakes and move on instead of worrying that people don't like you because of it.
It's not like I'm denying facts. I admit to my flaws a lot.

I was being critical of both myself, and other people from the past. I wasn't being as harsh to myself as usual, but I also wasn't denying responsibility for my actions. So yes, I will keep on trying.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

Enjoying anime is fine, as long as you're not extremely obsessed with it, of course.

Besides, being "a man" isn't measured by how much muscle one has, or how much someone loves hunting, fishing, the outdoors, camping, etc.

The TRUE measure of a man is this: blameless, takes care of his spouse and doesn't cheat on her, calm and wise in mind, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, can teach his family well, avoids drunkenness, takes care of his family and never abuses them, gentle rather than aggressive, not letting himself be controlled by materialistic things, and taking care of his family well with firm yet loving kindness.

Now, that's in a married context, but what about someone who is single?

Well, it still looks similar. Just cut out the family figures, but even still, the same rules apply.

What I'm basically saying is that a measure of a man isn't determined by his favorite hobbies and activities, necessarily. It's ultimately determined by his level of maturity and handling on life.

In general, I don't think you have to be worried, based on what I know about you.

D

Deleted member

Anyway, that stupid ****post aside...

my bed bug issue keeps on getting worse and worse... we literally have to call in someone to deal with it and they can't get here until monday so I'll have to spend the weekend at my grandparents. And here I was thinking this week was bad enough.... Let alone I still need to ensure my cards don't get ruined because they're still in my room and exposure to whatever chemicals they'll use will sure as hell curl them.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Soooo game awards are in a week. Any of y'all gonna watch it live?

I have nothing better to do, so might as well. Not expecting much, but it's something to look forward to
I'll miss the first hour or so due to work, but I'll have it on in the background - there's usually about one or two announcements that really excite me, like Bayonetta 3, Psychonauts 2, or to a lesser extent Joker in Smash. (last year was an exception)

D

Deleted member

Dragone Quest XI S is out on all platforms. It's also on Game Pass. No excuse to not play it.

Play it.
Hmm, I have a huge list, so it could be ages before I play it.

I remember playing the Demo. It was pretty good.

D

Deleted member

I would watch the game awards, if only it didn't start at 12am and end at 4am...

I did watch last year's one, but because of that, I was forced to go to University with only 4 hours of sleep.

That sucked.

D

Deleted member

Don't think I'll watch the game awards this year. Already got enough problems to deal with as is, no way I'll be able to make time to watch it live

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom