• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Among Us 2v1...stopped the killer and protected my new space daughter

D

Deleted member

I have a question to those who remember the old ShinyLegendary. You know, the previous account I had that I deleted.

Have I improved since?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Soooo game awards are in a week. Any of y'all gonna watch it live?

I have nothing better to do, so might as well. Not expecting much, but it's something to look forward to
I didn’t watch it in 2018, and Joker was revealed.

I watched the whole thing last year, and no one was revealed.

So I’m not gonna watch it this year, and will a smash reveal into existence.

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly... this review kind of makes me want to buy it because of the whole “it can’t be THAT bad” factor. Wow.
I mean, it's not 'that' bad, pretty sure he even admits as such.

Just, it's a game that's very confused what it wants to be, and it spreads itself thin trying to be both.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Pardon me, but why does Arlo, if that is his name, look like Grover from Sesame Street?
That’s because he is Grover!
:p
I'm curious as to how Nintendo are going to deal with the Kratos skin in Fortnite, are they really going to kick Fortnite off the Switch? As far as I'm aware Kratos is NOT exclusive to the PS4/PS5, one skin is though.
I would say probably nothing. Why would they remove a big money maker( it has it a own switch bundle that was pushed as a Black Friday deal this year)

Also clearly Nintendo doesn’t give a **** about console wars just look at smash.

Or you know even Master Chief has been on Nintendo Systems. You can literally buy Kratos on the switch version I don’t Nintendo really gives a damn.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Just, it's a game that's very confused what it wants to be, and it spreads itself thin trying to be both.
What's so sad is you can tell part of the team knows 100% what the fans want and are desperately trying to find a compromise, but according to Tanabe, Nintendo higher ups won't let them.

Apparently, Super Paper Mario left scars that ran deep and that will never heal for Nintendo's top brass.

D

Deleted member

What's so sad is you can tell part of the team knows 100% what the fans want and are desperately trying to find a compromise, but according to Tanabe, Nintendo higher ups won't let them.

Apparently, Super Paper Mario left scars that ran deep and that will never heal for Nintendo's top brass.
What issue did the employers of Nintendo have with Super Paper Mario?

Last edited by a moderator:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
That’s because he is Grover!
:p

I would say probably nothing. Why would they remove a big money maker( it has it a own switch bundle that was pushed as a Black Friday deal this year)

Also clearly Nintendo doesn’t give a **** about console wars just look at smash.

Or you know even Master Chief has been on Nintendo Systems. You can literally buy Kratos on the switch version I don’t Nintendo really gives a damn.
I'm more interested in whether or not Sony gives a damn, and if they'll demand Epic Games patch Kratos out of all the non-PlayStation versions of Fortnite.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

IDK. The company wide context and his... let’s call it, “in depth” breakdown of the ring mechanic sound pretty awful. Like. Even I kind of wonder why the turn based battles are even there if the game does so much to discourage engaging with it. It kind of reminds me if the frustration I have with God of War and Hideo Kohima and Rareware. I just... really relate.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
IDK. The company wide context and his... let’s call it, “in depth” breakdown of the ring mechanic sound pretty awful. Like. Even I kind of wonder why the turn based battles are even there if the game does so much to discourage engaging with it. It kind of reminds me if the frustration I have with God of War and Hideo Kohima and Rareware. I just... really relate.
The turn based battles are still there to justify calling the games and RPG.

MooMew64

What issue did the employers of Nintendo have with Super Paper Mario?
Part of why higher ups like Miyamoto told the team to axe the story in Sticker Star onwards is because according to old Club Nintendo surveys, almost no one said they enjoyed Super Paper Mario's story.

The problem with them using this data was the unfortunate fact almost no one actually took the time to fill in the Club Nintendo surveys properly, and skipped through them so they could get the points from them. It's an unfortunate case of using bad data without the context behind it.

It's also that Miyamoto doesn't seem to like narratives in video games, lol. From different videos I've watched on the subject, he's proud of the fact he kicked Mario Galaxy's story out in Galaxy 2.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Part of why higher ups like Miyamoto told the team to axe the story in Sticker Star onwards is because according to old Club Nintendo surveys, almost no one said they enjoyed Super Paper Mario's story.

The problem with them using this data was the unfortunate fact almost no one actually took the time to fill in the Club Nintendo surveys properly, and skipped through them so they could get the points from them. It's an unfortunate case of using bad data without the context behind it.

It's also that Miyamoto doesn't seem to like narratives in video games, lol. From different videos I've watched on the subject, he's proud of the fact he kicked Mario Galaxy's story out in Galaxy 2.
Just goes to show you. Behind every great creator, there is someone telling them “no”.

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, the overworld enemies are literally the worst part of the game lol.

The boss fights are fun, because they employ a unique spin on the mechanic.

The enemies themselves though? Ass

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm more interested in whether or not Sony gives a damn, and if they'll demand Epic Games patch Kratos out of all the non-PlayStation versions of Fortnite.
Considering Sony would have to have given approval for this skin on all devices it’s pretty likely they also don’t give a damn because they will be getting a profit most likely from every time the skin or it’s accessories are bought.

D

Deleted member

The problem with the removal of Mario story is that it has done a lot of damage. Like, I really like Mario, but I don't take it as seriously as many other series. I really like it, but it isn't as deep as something like Metroid or Metal Gear.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The problem with the removal of Mario story is that it has done a lot of damage. Like, I really like Mario, but I don't take it as seriously as many other series. I really like it, but it isn't as deep as something like Metroid or Metal Gear.
I think we're jumping to quite the extreme in terms of serious stories

MooMew64

From what little I played, the overworld enemies aren't terrible, I just think all the encounters should have been all scripted events. Keeping them as these weird, RPG-lite overworld encounters that respawn hurt them because once you figure out the puzzle, you'll know how to solve it every time.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
If anyone had any doubt that Gaster was behind the event of Deltarune.
Make sure to show off this tweet in case someone is too in denial.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That Sora model looks so garbage.
I mean it’s fine except for the face. The face looks so expressionless which is the opposite of Sora.
[Press X to doubt]
Lol I mean if you look at this other “leaked screenshots”

It’s likely a shulk mod.

If we get a reveal, I’m still betting on Crash or Doom Guy.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Toby Fox shared some cool concept art of Asriel and Chara together :)

D

Deleted member

If anyone had any doubt that Gaster was behind the event of Deltarune.
Make sure to show off this tweet in case someone is too in denial.
Toby Fox shared some cool concept art of Asriel and Chara together :)
Very, very interesting...
What do you two think?

R O F L

Smash Ace
Pokemon really hates me.
I just did my 120th Stakataka adventure and I didn't get a shiny one let alone a shiny at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom