• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Anyone heard of those monoliths disappearing and appear again in different places?

First Utah, then Romania and now a third one on top of Pine Mountain in Calfornia.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Mega Man also took some elements from 1973's Neo Human Casshan, a notable example being his robot dog companion, Rush (Casshan had a robot dog companion by the name of Friender who can transform into different forms like a tank or jet, much like Rush).

Here's the synopsis for the original anime which bears some striking similarities to Mega Man:

"The brilliant Dr. Azuma created many robots to aid humankind. However, during a thunderstorm his lab was struck by lightning, corrupting the programming of one of his robots, BK-1, who renames himself Braiking Boss and declares that instead of serving mankind, mankind will now serve him! He brings other robots together into an overwhelming army bent on enslaving the human race.

Tetsuya, Dr. Azuma's son, asks his father to turn him into an indestructible android so that he will have the power to destroy the threat his father inadvertently created. Shortly thereafter, Braiking Boss captures Dr. Azuma and his wife. Tetsuya, now renamed Casshern, sets out to turn the tide of the war and rescue his parents, with the help of his girlfriend, Luna, and robot dog, Friender."
Yeah, OG Mega Man was inspired by Astro Boy. If I remember correctly, Mega Man was gonna be a Astro Boy license game, but the deal fell through so they used original characters for the idea they had. while Rush was inspired by Casshern. Rush was even called Friender in early concept art before finalizing his name.

Believe it or not, Mega Man X and Sigma are inspired by Casshern as well, the main villain looks fairly similar to Sigma, and you can already see the resemblance Mega Man X and Casshern have to one another when MMX wears any of his armors.

Zero's Helmet was inspired by Devilman.

1607046240795.png
1607046348282.png

1607046552662.png
1607046573335.png
Concept Man X.JPG
Even earlier versions of Mega Man X have an even stronger resemblance to Casshern with the C logo and the Popped collar. It should be noted, this Mega Man X design was before he was split between Mega Man X and Zero, since the helmet is a mix of the two.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I don't think this world can handle another me :p
the world couldn’t handle Gibby either and we managed to stay alive for the most part, so another you should be fine in comparison

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Of all the DLC characters Min Min is the one who's vibed with me the most so far. She might seem one dinensional at first but she has so many tools and mix ups to condition or out certain defensive or set up traps, which she can use to get a super rewardig Mega Watt attack or her rediculously strong suplex.

She's my kind of zoner, in that she's not really that much of a zoner and more of a grappler in disguise. Kind of like Zelda.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I find it a bit weird how I can't enable push notifications when I know for a damn fact I've enabled them on this very same computer before. idk though

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I have a confession to make...

I thought Tangled was Dreamworks when it came out, so I didn't go see it. The marketing made it seem like those subversive fairy tale Shrek wannabees that was oversaturated at the time.

Honestly, I think I would've seen it had it been called it's original name "Rapunzel" :yoshi:

D

Deleted member

1607047750347.png

He only needs one reason, and he's done.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Nah, in reality, I am a man who is waiting for My Hero Academia Season 5.
You're even more of a weeb than me. Interesting.

MHA sounds great, but I never got to watching it. I just don't think its my type.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
AtGames purchased the royalty rights to Ms. Pac-Man (whether it's just the game or the character I'm not entirely sure on) from a party that owned it originally. This effectively stopped Namco from releasing Ms. Pac-Man as they didn't want to pay AtGames, despite still owning Ms. Pac-Man. Recently, however, a licensed Ms. Pac-Man cabinet rerelease was announced so it's possible Namco has wrestled the royalty rights away from AtGames.
Kinda remind me that I’ve worked on ideas for a new Pac-Man animated series and while I did draw out some potential designs for Ms., I didn’t really have plans to incorporate her or any of the Midway characters until I knew it’d be okay to use them.

D

Deleted member

Man, everytime we talk about Byleth, it makes me remember when I really liked Three Houses...

I was so cringe. O_O

To be fair, I'm going to find myself today embarrassing next year.

I still like and appreciate Three Houses, but I haven't played it in ages, and I've moved on to other stuff like Terraria and now Minecraft again.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Whoever handles Crunchyroll's YouTube thumbnails knows what they're doing every time they make one with Uraraka.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
So another sucky day. I was prepared for the PlayStation Direct Queue and even jumped in within seconds of it going live. But I didn’t get a PS5. Why? Because I had to complete the Captcha over and over and over and over. I didn’t get ACTUALLY INTO the queue until like, 10 minutes later, at which point it said I had over an hour wait and then it was sold out in the next 10 minutes. Worst part is, had the site been working right I would have one.

I would prefer to wait till there’s more stock and I don’t have to deal with the Christmas craze but my parents said they would help me buy it for a Christmas present. So I gotta get one soon so I can afford it. It sucks dude.
:( I am really sorry to hear that, NSG. I have been hearing plenty of news revolving around the PS5 and scalper groups, and it's honestly awful to know some people would go that far in order to make people buy something twice or more times higher, specially in the current situation where the economy is not at its best.

But eh, I know how that feels, I couldn't order what I wanted for my birthday for many reasons, but one of them is the great disadvantage of being born in December getting closer to Christmas and whatnot. Things appear and disappear...and in some cases, they don't get back in stock. ;'C So, I might have to wait until an opportunity arrive if there's no other complication.

D

Deleted member

So another sucky day. I was prepared for the PlayStation Direct Queue and even jumped in within seconds of it going live. But I didn’t get a PS5. Why? Because I had to complete the Captcha over and over and over and over. I didn’t get ACTUALLY INTO the queue until like, 10 minutes later, at which point it said I had over an hour wait and then it was sold out in the next 10 minutes. Worst part is, had the site been working right I would have one.

I would prefer to wait till there’s more stock and I don’t have to deal with the Christmas craze but my parents said they would help me buy it for a Christmas present. So I gotta get one soon so I can afford it. It sucks dude.
Dang, I'm so sorry to hear that.
I hope you get a Playstation 5 as soon as possible!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Man, everytime we talk about Byleth, it makes me remember when I really liked Three Houses...

I was so cringe. O_O

To be fair, I'm going to find myself today embarrassing next year.

I still like and appreciate Three Houses, but I haven't played it in ages, and I've moved on to other stuff like Terraria and now Minecraft again.
I played the absolute ***** outta Three Houses

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
The long awaited blockbuster motion picture of the year has finally arrived...
Saw that in my sub box earlier, lol. Can't wait to watch it: I still need to finish the game myself, but I'm really curious to see what he thinks. I'm assuming he probably walked away from the game enjoying most of it, but feeling sad at what could have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom