• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Using Smashboards with this track playing is quite the mood.
I think I have heard this track before...xD But I don't know why I laughed at the fact that it mentions Salsa and Cumbia when they're different types of music. When it comes to this place, I am currently listening to this:

Since they actually used a Salsa composer, it's really good in Spanish.

D

Deleted member

So uh.... ya'll remember those bed bugs I talked about yesterday, right? Well uh... it's worse than I thought. The entire bed is basically junk at this point, but the problem is that in order to get it out of the room we have to take it apart.... which yknow is gonna make those bugs fly all over.... which is the exact opposite thing we want. To boot there's so many of them that I have to sleep over at my grandparent's house tonight because no way in hell am I sleeping in the garage.

sheesh, I thought this day couldn't any worse....

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Can we get a TL;DW?
Basically, Arlo likes the game enough that he can recommend buying it, and he does praise the story and characters and graphics, but many of the gameplay issues from Color Splash are either repeated or only partially addressed in a half-assed way, resulting in a game that desperately wants to be an RPG like the older games but can't because someone higher up said no... and to its credit, the game is closer to the older games than it is to the new ones, which makes Arlo more frustrated than ever before because why not just make something like the old games in the first place, especially when fans have been screaming at them to do so since Sticker Star. Also, #PlayBugFables.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Basically, Arlo likes the game enough that he can recommend buying it, and he does praise the story and characters and graphics, but many of the gameplay issues from Color Splash are either repeated or only partially addressed in a half-assed way, resulting in a game that desperately wants to be an RPG like the older games but can't because someone higher up said no... and to its credit, the game is closer to the older games than it is to the new ones, which makes Arlo more frustrated than ever before because why not just make something like the old games in the first place, especially when fans have been screaming at them to do so since Sticker Star. Also, #PlayBugFables.
I mean, I do agree a lot.

I actually REALLY like 90% of Origami King.

....the 10% I don't like is the overworld enemies. I feel like the battle system works with the bosses where it's less of a fight and more of a puzzle, but the overworld enemies feel like the RPG aspects were just tacked on.

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
I'm curious as to how Nintendo are going to deal with the Kratos skin in Fortnite, are they really going to kick Fortnite off the Switch? As far as I'm aware Kratos is NOT exclusive to the PS4/PS5, one skin is though.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, my only big issue with TOK is the overworld battles. It's way too easy when you get the partners, and are just a drag when you don't have one. Bosses and real time battles are fun and engaging however, so I can say at least the bosses are good unlike the last 2 games.

Honestly, I can see what he means with the game having an identity crisis. Sometimes, it wants to be like Color Splash, other times, it's Paper Mario 64 1.5.

Other than than, most of his review was the issue with the interviews and how he can't get it out of his head, but that's a personal problem, not an objective problem.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Still haven't played TOK.

Missed out on Sticker Star and Color Splash too...although I suppose that was for the best.

Shroob

Sup?
The whole soundtrack is my favorite of all the Mario series. It's just that good.
It's a ****ing crime Snif City is only a temporary song tbh. The aesthetic of it is just.... chef's kiss

Arabian city during the night with a bustling nightlife, the song encapsulates it perfectly, and the fact it's gone after Hole Punch is just the biggest of big sad.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm curious as to how Nintendo are going to deal with the Kratos skin in Fortnite, are they really going to kick Fortnite off the Switch? As far as I'm aware Kratos is NOT exclusive to the PS4/PS5, one skin is though.
Kratos joining Smash y'all let's go

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It's a ****ing crime Snif City is only a temporary song tbh. The aesthetic of it is just.... chef's kiss

Arabian city during the night with a bustling nightlife, the song encapsulates it perfectly, and the fact it's gone after Hole Punch is just the biggest of big sad.
Chapter 3 in that game is by far a top 10 chapter in the series. Same with Chapter 2. And Chapter 5.

Also, Imma blow your mind: TOK Chapter 3 is just 64 Chapter 2 on steroids

Shroob

Sup?
Chapter 3 in that game is by far a top 10 chapter in the series. Same with Chapter 2. And Chapter 5.

Also, Imma blow your mind: TOK Chapter 3 is just 64 Chapter 2 on steroids
Ehhhhh

Honestly, maybe it's just the fact that they focused soo much on Snifits, but to me, that little section felt a lot like a... surprisingly big callback to Doki Doki Panic of all things.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
View attachment 294076
This man has gotten away with murder and you can't convince me otherwise.
Oh hang on. There's a story to this. This dude thinks he got away with murder but what he didn't know was that his victim had a sister and she's out to avenge her murdered sib.
20201203_224118.jpg

He's about to get the hand of justice shoved straight up his asshole.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Soooo game awards are in a week. Any of y'all gonna watch it live?

I have nothing better to do, so might as well. Not expecting much, but it's something to look forward to

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Even though I only had secondhand experience with TOK, I’m glad that it’s a step in the right direction for the series yet I’m disappointed that they’re continuing on with this style.

Dammit I keep flip flopping on all my projects, I do at least wanna have the work I’ve done for the Paper Mario game in my portfolio. I gotta ask to those who played the game personally, what do you think the biggest things a true return to form Paper Mario could take away from TOK?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Soooo game awards are in a week. Any of y'all gonna watch it live?

I have nothing better to do, so might as well. Not expecting much, but it's something to look forward to
I can't because timezones hate me.

Gonna be wild logging on here the next day and learn that they revealed Thanos from Fortnite in Smash.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I got a question for folks here...

How many people here are familiar with Sonic Robo Blast 2 and Sonic Robo Blast Kart? Discovered both recently and while I still need to play SRB2, SRB Kart is super cool, and quite possibly the coolest fangame I've ever played.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
D

Deleted member

I got a question for folks here...

How many people here are familiar with Sonic Robo Blast 2 and Sonic Robo Blast Kart? Discovered both recently and while I still need to play SRB2, SRB Kart is super cool, and quite possibly the coolest fangame I've ever played.
I think I have heard of Sonic Robo Blast, I do not know.

Also, if Sonic is so fast, why does he use a car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom