• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
"Oh yeah its all coming together"
I’m going to actually take this a step further.

The characters are Min Min and Mewtwo on the Boxing Ring stage.

Mewtwo is a legendary Pokémon and Min-Min is a fighter.

What big promotional new fighting legendary did we just get with a gimmick built for smash?
1613507166801.png

Just a thought. Especially because they could reuse the Incenroar trailer for this and save even more time and resources.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
If Eggman did come to Smash, here’s some of the songs I hope he brings:

Metal Sonic Fight (Mania Remix)
Flying Battery Zone Act 1 (Mania Remix)
Hydrocity Zone Act 2 (Mania Remix)
Lava Reef Zone Act 1 (Mania Remix)
Big Arms (Generations Remix)
Eggman’s Theme (SA1)
E.G.G.M.A.N. (SA2)
Radical Highway Classic (Generations)
What I’m Made of (Heroes)
Eggman’s Theme (06)
Tropical Resort (Colors)
Planet Wisp (Colors)
Friends (Mania)
Ruby Delusions (Mania)
Metal Sonic Fight (Forces)
Green Light Ride (Team Sonic Racing)

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
One thing I wonder is, even if the character is revealed tomorrow, if they will actually release this month.

Yeah, we've pretty much gotten reveals/releases extremely close together since Byleth... with one caveat, MinMin, who was the last character revealed in a Direct.... sorta.

And then you look back and realize that so far, none of our DLC characters revealed in proper Directs have dropped shortly after their reveals(Unlike say, characters revealed via Sakurai presents: Byleth, Steve, etc).

Also, Amiibo Theory still exists and has been correct for every character thus far, and is still pinning mid-late March/early April for release.
I mean we absolutely get the release in March no question. They will probably give us a full trailer and tell us to look forward to the presentation in March.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I’m going to actually take this a step further.

The characters are Min Min and Mewtwo on the Boxing Ring stage.

Mewtwo is a legendary Pokémon and Min-Min is a fighter.

What big promotional new fighting legendary did we just get with a gimmick built for smash?
View attachment 303410
Just a thought. Especially because they could reuse the Incenroar trailer for this and save even more time and resources.
Ignoring shields would be a garbage ****ing gimmick and you know it

D

Deleted member

If Eggman did come to Smash, here’s some of the songs I hope he brings:

Metal Sonic Fight (Mania Remix)
Flying Battery Zone Act 1 (Mania Remix)
Hydrocity Zone Act 2 (Mania Remix)
Lava Reef Zone Act 1 (Mania Remix)
Big Arms (Generations Remix)
Eggman’s Theme (SA1)
E.G.G.M.A.N. (SA2)
What I’m Made of (Heroes)
Eggman’s Theme (06)
Tropical Resort (Colors)
Planet Wisp (Colors)
Friends (Mania)
Ruby Delusions (Mania)
Metal Sonic Fight (Forces)
Green Light Ride (Team Sonic Racing)
I would add the Eggmanland theme from Unleshed too just for theming.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That’s not what I was thinking. I’m talking about switching between the fighting styles of Urshifu. Making both forms one character. Sure it taking some creative liberties but would work and could be unique enough.

Shroob

Sup?
I mean we absolutely get the release in March no question. They will probably give us a full trailer and tell us to look forward to the presentation in March.
You say that, but:

Steve(October) > Sephiroth(December) > This character being revealed in Feb.

Let's entertain the potential that this character drops somehow this month, that would mean our last 3 DLC characters all came within 2 months of one another.

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You say that, but:

Steve(October) > Sephiroth(December) > This character being revealed in Feb.

Let's entertain the potential that this character drops somehow this month, that would mean our last 3 DLC characters all came within 2 months of one another.
If this wound up the case I would not be surprised if there’s a fighter pass 3 that’s already underway and they’ve just been ahead on pass 2 more then we know

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Nicktoon Question time: Do people actually like Doug enough to want him as a playable character in a crossover game? I always stick him in there because he was the first Nicktoon.... but like... especially since you'd have to license him from Disney now... is it even worth it? Like, are people gonna complain if he's not there?

D

Deleted member

I know shields are an important thing for competitive smash but personally I think it would be a neat thing to experiment with(within reason, obviously you shouldn’t be able to break an entire shield with a jab attack, but it would be interesting to see a character that does extra damage while a character has a shield up, for example) in a similar way to how most of the dlc characters thus far have taken the game design in new and interesting ways(Hero with his down B, Min Min with long arms, Steve with his building mechanic, etc)

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
Nicktoon Question time: Do people actually like Doug enough to want him as a playable character in a crossover game? I always stick him in there because he was the first Nicktoon.... but like... especially since you'd have to license him from Disney now... is it even worth it? Like, are people gonna complain if he's not there?
I love Doug.

Half due to actually liking the show

Half due to memes, and Vinny's portrayal of Mr.Dink being a creep.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So in the pretty unlikely chances we get Mega Man X(or Zero) Here's some track suggestions!

Original Central Highway
Opening Stage X2
Opening Stage X3
Sky Lagoon X
Fight! X!
Standby, Zero!
Storm Eagle
Spark Mandrill
Armored Armadillo
Flame Stag
Magna Centipede
Toxic Seahorse
Jet Stingray
Blaze Heatnix
Blizzard Wolfang
Conflict ~ Escape Stage
Noah's Park
VS 8Boss
Vs Vile X8
Cannonball
Surge of Power

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
But do you like him enough that his lack of presence in a Nicktoons crossover game would bring down the experience?
No, not really. Ren and Stimpy are kinda in the same boat. They're iconic Nicktoons, but.... adult party cartoon happened, and then their creator's probably a pedo so hard to divorce them from that.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So I got distracted by having to do some things today to put in my thoughts regarding tomorrow's Direct. (seems I can't type today). Plus I'm only on laptop to post this and watch Wonder Egg Priority.

Anyways Prediction time!

1. Of course once again, my near seven year combo of having not missed a proper Nintendo Direct/Smash Reveal continues (I'm a simple guy, leave me alone) with a perfect 10pm slot for my timezone. Bunch of Zoom meetings means my ass will have to get up earlier than usual so I'll be tired.

2. Feels like we aren't going to see many new game announcements it feels like. Something like Mario Golf or a new Kirby game (Dream Course remake please) would be a nice June release from Nintendo.

3. My hopeful curveball prediction? Persona 4 Golden for Switch announced and shadowdropped after.

4. Think we will see a few more games join the cloud versions. Maybe Watch Dogs Legion and Final Fantasy XIV I can see being plausible.

5. Smash Bros my gut feeling is that it will take under 10 minutes of screentime. As for who..............Crash or first party.

6. Nothing from Monolith Soft. I hate myself but I'm preparing that eventuality it.

7. Separate Pokemon AND Zelda directs announced at the end.

I think these are plausible.

@osby Noipoi Noipoi @Lamperouge Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna Metal Shop X Metal Shop X @TheMightyP @Dyllybirdy Wademan94 Wademan94 Speed Weed Speed Weed
My mind went off and I decided to make this out of boredom:

View attachment 303392
Yeah, so hopefully you all have a good evening tomorrow.

I need some sleep
Well there are benefits to not having much of a social life and being introverted. Means less likelihood of missing these.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
No, not really. Ren and Stimpy are kinda in the same boat. They're iconic Nicktoons, but.... adult party cartoon happened, and then their creator's probably a pedo so hard to divorce them from that.
At least with Ren and Stimpy Nick still owns the copyright so throwing one of them in there to appease a small group of people isn't that bad. But having to licence Doug from another company,......

Oh my god it's literally Geno vs. K.Rool/Ridley

Shroob

Sup?
At least with Ren and Stimpy Nick still owns the copyright so throwing one of them in there to appease a small group of people isn't that bad. But having to licence Doug from another company,......

Oh my god it's literally Geno vs. K.Rool/Ridley
How do they own the copyright if Adult Party Cartoon existed?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Didn’t he get acquired by Disney? Or was it the other way around?

D

Deleted member

If this wound up the case I would not be surprised if there’s a fighter pass 3 that’s already underway and they’ve just been ahead on pass 2 more then we know
Didn’t Sakurai literally say FP2 was the end?

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
@osby Noipoi Noipoi @Lamperouge Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna Metal Shop X Metal Shop X @TheMightyP @Dyllybirdy Wademan94 Wademan94 Speed Weed Speed Weed
My mind went off and I decided to make this out of boredom:

View attachment 303392
Yeah, so hopefully you all have a good evening tomorrow.

I need some sleep
Luckily for me, in Portugal time the Direct is in this sweetspot where it's late enough to be past "time to actually do anything" hours but early enough to not be "I gotta *ing go to bed for *'s sake" hours

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Didn’t Sakurai literally say FP2 was the end?
He said something among the lines of “I’m just focusing on the current fighters we have to make right now with no plans atm for more”

Which was over a year ago.Not to mention they also told us FP1 was it I am pretty sure. Which obviously wasn’t the case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom