• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
prepares wallpaper photoshopping skills

Finally after such a long drought, not only are we getting a Nintendo Direct, but 50 minutes--and with Smash. So much to be hyped about.

Of course with the mention of Smash, the length, and the timing I wouldn't be surprised if it was a Pokémon character in Smash with 40 minutes devoted to Sakurai explaining what Pokémon was. :grin: But even if it were I wouldn't be too upset--I got my dream characters and 2 more after that. I got all my Switch game wishes, including 3D World, Mario Maker, and Crash/Spyro. My list of wants is significantly smaller than when the Switch first came out, just happy to see Directs back again.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also sort of Side Note buy Holy **** Pokemon Xenoverse is amazing. This just happened(Xenoverse Pokemon Spoiler ahead)
And yes this is an intentional Ghostbusters reference but you should play the story to see it .

D

Deleted member

If we were gonna get a new Mario character i'm probably one of the only ones who still wants Toad/Captain Toad

Pauline would be cool too, i'd be interested to see what they do with her movset. Plus I mentioned her getting in way before Oddyssey and people said I was crazy so it would be funny to see that actually happen now.
I could imagine Pauline using a lot of stuff from the Mario vs Donkey Kong series.

The stage could be the toy factory from Mario vs Donkey Kong 2, her moveset could involve the Minis (with Mini DK for example being the Up B) and the Spirit board would include more characters from Odyssey and some of the missing spirits of Minis such as Mini Peach.

D

Deleted member

Think we'll finally see that new Kirby game that's been hinted at tomorrow?
That would be really cool.

Looking forward to see how the artstyle will be, as according to an Antdude video the devs said they want to make big changes for the next Kirby game.

D

Deleted member

Everyone's talking about characters, but the thing I'd want to see most is being able to reorganize the CSS. Having them sorted by join date instead of being grouped together by series is such a messy way of doing things. Doubly so because echos are a thing and are grouped together with their base character.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
my dad already wants me to drive on our street and I keep telling him im not comfortable enough to drive on the street. There are cars all parked on the side of the street, what makes him think im ready for that. AND he wanted me to back out the driveway, no prep, no backing up practice, no nothing. asshole just sat right in the passengers seat. Come on, man, even driver school have you practice in an EMPTY area

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
osby osby Noipoi Noipoi Lamperouge Lamperouge Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna Metal Shop X Metal Shop X TheMightyP TheMightyP Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy Wademan94 Wademan94 Speed Weed Speed Weed
My mind went off and I decided to make this out of boredom:

View attachment 303392
Yeah, so hopefully you all have a good evening tomorrow.

I need some sleep
I’m gonna be out until 4:30 pm tomorrow, and the drive home is 45 minutes. Meaning I’ll be home around 5:15 or so, meaning I’ll have to catch the first fifteen minutes on my phone.

Which is fine, as long as I can see it. But I kinda wanted to settle in my comfiest clothes, make a meal, and enjoy the show. Oh well.

D

Deleted member

Come to think of it, another thing I'd love to see is a hazard toggle on the actual stage selection screen, so you won't have to load a different ruleset all the time. I mean, it doesn't even sound too farfetched anymore, we've gotten quite a few surprise updates already, like small battlefield and the option to use all songs on BF and FD.

D

Deleted member

I’m gonna be out until 4:30 pm tomorrow, and the drive home is 45 minutes. Meaning I’ll be home around 5:15 or so, meaning I’ll have to catch the first fifteen minutes on my phone.

Which is fine, as long as I can see it. But I kinda wanted to settle in my comfiest clothes, make a meal, and enjoy the show. Oh well.
Yeah, thankfully the link I sent you through PMs helps out with that.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Honestly, the wait & the aftermath when it come to the direct is going to be the hardest part for me. (I have to wait the whooooooole day before the time come)

Especially since it last 50 minutes, how do I relax before going to dreamland?

I see what I do tomorrow, but it's going to be spicy I tell ya.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
As someone who has Undercover Cops on their eBay watch list I'd be down for a re-release. Would like to avoid paying $250 if I can. :teeth:
Looks like my prayers have been answered. lol

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Watching The Dark Knight after watching American Psycho is the weirdest thing in the world.
I saw people mentioning how Sakurai’s quote of the direct announcement goes “Hoho or Ohho”
Which people in turn pointed this out:

it probably won’t happen but I hope it does
The "Hoho/oho" was a mistranslation apparantly.

So sadly it mean nothing. (that, and I think it was the result of using Google Translate, soooooo yeah, it's deader than dead)

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I saw people mentioning how Sakurai’s quote of the direct announcement goes “Hoho or Ohho”
Which people in turn pointed this out:

it probably won’t happen but I hope it does
it would be a huge dub for Sega within Smash...any maybe more Sonic remixes if we were lucky

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Watching The Dark Knight after after watching American Psycho is the weirdest thing in the world.

The "Hoho/oho" was a mistranslation apparantly.

So sadly it mean nothing. (that, and I think it was the result of using Google Translate, soooooo yeah, it's deader than dead)
However, what Sakurai said is how Japan pronounces Hoothoot the Pokemon.

Uh oh...

D

Deleted member

Come to think of It, adding Eggman to Smash would potentially fix the main problem people have with Sonic music in Smash.

That being the lack of remixes.

D

Deleted member

currently trying to build a deck around Vega the Watchful
0CADC1EA-4C8C-496F-BCFA-B2BB2C264193.jpeg

it’s honestly looking to be pretty budget for Spellsingler.dek standards, and the win con is pretty self explanatory.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Come to think of It, adding Eggman to Smash would potentially fix the main problem people have with Sonic music in Smash.

That being the lack of remixes.
Depending on how lenient SEGA’s music team is with allowing remixes from other composers, chances are if we do get new remixes, it’ll be Jun Senoue or someone else on their team

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Shroob

Sup?
One thing I wonder is, even if the character is revealed tomorrow, if they will actually release this month.

Yeah, we've pretty much gotten reveals/releases extremely close together since Byleth... with one caveat, MinMin, who was the last character revealed in a Direct.... sorta.

And then you look back and realize that so far, none of our DLC characters revealed in proper Directs have dropped shortly after their reveals(Unlike say, characters revealed via Sakurai presents: Byleth, Steve, etc).

Also, Amiibo Theory still exists and has been correct for every character thus far, and is still pinning mid-late March/early April for release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom