• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Really random question to the artists of the thread, but how would you all react if tomorrow they announced a new Art Academy either for Nintendo Switch or tablet app?

I mean, I'm no artist (at most I do some 3d stuff and slight pixel art), but while I would find it nice, for some reason I could never get a feel for drawing on a (3)DS. Which is weird because I do have a drawing tablet and don't have that issue there.

I've been meaning to pick up drawing again for a while now though. The last time I drew something was way back when bored in school during classes, so around 2012, I suppose?

D

Deleted member

Hey nice, I'm glad things are moving along for you :)

and now smash stuff is moving along too XD
Yeah, really happy for the people who were waiting for Smash stuff.

I'm personally hoping that tomorrow they reveal a new Mario spin-off where Pauline is playable (maybe Mario Golf or Strikers 3), some kind of Metroid Game (hopefully a 2D one), general Dragon Quest news, Zelda anniversary stuff and maybe a few things for the Donkey Kong anniversary.
Fire Emblem stuff wouldn't be bad either.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
It's just dawned on me that I have probably have never posted any of my art on here.
I mostly do cartoons, usually in digital art form, but sculpting is more my strongsuit (it's just really expensive lol).
But anyway, here's my most recent digital art from about a month or two ago.
p!nk.jpg

Supposed to be P!nk, one of my favorite singers.

D

Deleted member

I just had a game where I finally got Mayor, did everything right and claimed TS rather than just saying I'm mayor, and then die N2 anyway because Mafia wanted me dead I guess :nifty:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Of course.

The first direct in 530 days, and I got something to do at the time.

Of course:drsad:
Hey Noipoi, If you want I can link you the Direct through either Smashboards or Twitter PMs so you don't get spoiled and can catch It at peace when you finish with the stuff you need to do.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Any guesses to who our next Smash fighter would be tho? Personally I really have no clue at this point. Although I do like the idea that's been floating around recently of Eggman joining, Rayman or Crash or Spyro would be rad too.
Giving the timing, I think we have a minecon situation on our hands and it’s going to be a Pokémon rep to kick off Pokémon week.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Off-topic, but where do people get the idea that Empire Strikes Back got mixed reception among a general audience back when it was released?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Off-topic, but where do people get the idea that Empire Strikes Back got mixed reception among a general audience back when it was released?
The reviews at the time were mixed: https://www.starwars.com/news/critical-opinion-the-empire-strikes-back-original-reviews

I find this comment particularly funny:

"Its originator, George Lucas, has revealed that the two pictures are actually parts four and five of a nine-part sage, as if audiences will some day receive the total the way devotees now go to Seattle for a week of immersion in Wagner’s complete Ring Cycle.

Nonsense. This is no monumental artistic work, but a science-fiction movie done more snappily than most, including its own predecessor. A chocolate bar is a marvelous sweet that does not need to pretend to be a chocolate soufflé; musical comedies are wonderful entertainment without trying to compete with opera; blue jeans are a perfect garment that shouldn’t be compared with haute couture."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just remembered that Tekken 7 has a bowling mode. There really exists a game where you can pit Akuma and Geese against each other in a bowling match and it's glorious. As well as Noctis and a (panda) bear.

D

Deleted member

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Really random question to the artists of the thread, but how would you all react if tomorrow they announced a new Art Academy either for Nintendo Switch or tablet app?

I wouldn't care, to be completely honest, because I use my laptop with the Fire Alpaca software and drawing tablet (not an iPad) to work. And as I have said before I stopped buying Nintendo consoles ages ago.

I would be happy for the people that could make use of that program though.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom