• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I don't really want a Pokemon, at least not a SWSH one, (unless of course it's the funne grass monke man) but it wouldn't be the worst thing ig

Still wish gen 3 woulda got a playable character tho
At the least I have Milotic in my ideas for Cynthia

D

Deleted member

The idea of a Pokémon rep from the anime has potential.

Now that Sephiroth opened the gate for music from videogame adaptations we could potentially get any song from the Pokémon anime or even the movies in Smash.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
After a year of waiting, we finally got a new general Nintendo Direct! I'm really excited for this one since this year is very quiet outside of a couple things so this will give us a good idea of what to expect for a next few months. I hope to get more information out of MH: Rise since the demo period is now over and we're in the final month leading up to that game's release, with my pie in the sky wish being that we get something from Metroid.

In terms of predictions, I feel we may get something for Zelda's 35th, but I could see that in its own direct like Mario's. Also, I think we won't get a mainline Pokemon game announcement here as TCPi/GF likes to do that separately and they already said that they want to do announcements across next week for Pokemon day.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Go ahead, keep talkin ****. Don’t make me use my secret weapon.
Your secret weapon? What’s that? More positivity?

Anyway. The fact that the next character is likely to be announced tomorrow kind of throws off the whole “Capcom character in March” thing. Although... I suppose it could be revealed now and then release in early March. That would still fit in with the whole “capcoms doing a bunch of stuff in March” idea.

And I know know know know we are not getting a double reveal. But my god I want one so bad and I’m tired of this drip feed. But yeah, if a double reveal happens it will probably only be at E3 (or an equivalent stream). I’m just so tired of waiting!

God. Imagine if they did a TRIPPLE REVEAL! Oh my god I just drooled a little thinking about that. They won’t. That’s definitely not happening. But... well.... shrug. Here’s to a great direct and to desperately hoping we get more characters after pass 2 in some form because puppet.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I personally think he could still get in but only if there’s a bonus or Pass 3 that was planned after his costume.
I think that ship has sailed. And then hit an iceberg...and exploded.

Basically I doubt puppet man is getting in at this point. If he was, surely they would've already planned it out and not put in the costume.

D

Deleted member

Imagine we'd just getting solo Zard back with his Gigantamax form as our Gen 8 rep. Hoo boy, the following reactions sure would be a sight to behold.

On that note, I kinda miss solo Charizard, sliding Rock Smash was pretty fun to use.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think that ship has sailed. And then hit an iceberg...and exploded.

Basically I doubt puppet man is getting in at this point. If he was, surely they would've already planned it out and not put in the costume.
Yeah I guess so.

I personally think it could still happen but I’m not expecting it, and yeah it’d be a neat surprise but also scummy to sell his costume before the character if they planned that far out and still kept the costume (though I can imagine still keeping negotiations made before further ones were made but that’s probably an unlikely situation here (although if there is somehow a 3rd pass it’d feel weird for its plans to be done so soon tbh, still not expecting it though)); hope he has a better chance in the next game.

Maybe that SMRPG sequel/remake rumor will be true at least.

D

Deleted member

People always talk about Waluigi or Geno when It comes to Mario characters, but hear me out on this one people.

Nintendo is still with the Mario 35th marketing, and this year It will be the 40th or 45th anniversary of the Donkey Kong arcade.

Min Min has confirmed that Sakurai doesn't care about fan rules and if he wanted he could make spirits, assist trophies or even stage elements playable if he wanted.

Super Mario Odyssey is still a really relevant and important Mario Game, as current Mario spin-offs do keep taking stuff from said game. Bowser's Fury also had a lot of elements reminiscent of It.

What I'm trying to say people... Is that there's a 1 out of 14,000,605 chance that tomorrow we will enter the reality where tomorrow we could be jumping up in the air and doing the odyssey.
That is all

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Imagine if the trailer opens like Steve’s except Lucario sends Mario flying out of bounds, and he ends up in a dark room.

All of a sudden, lights go on and this starts playing:

It be hype as hell
Can we PLEASE get a decent remix for Cynthia this time? Like even porting the Masters remix would be better than...this

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
If we were gonna get a new Mario character i'm probably one of the only ones who still wants Toad/Captain Toad

Pauline would be cool too, i'd be interested to see what they do with her movset. Plus I mentioned her getting in way before Oddyssey and people said I was crazy so it would be funny to see that actually happen now.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If we were gonna get a new Mario character i'm probably one of the only ones who still wants Toad/Captain Toad

Pauline would be cool too, i'd be interested to see what they do with her movset. Plus I mentioned her getting in way before Oddyssey and people said I was crazy so it would be funny to see that actually happen now.
I would personally LOVE Toad, so you’re not alone on that.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I don't really want a Pokemon, at least not a SWSH one, (unless of course it's the funne grass monke man) but it wouldn't be the worst thing ig

Still wish gen 3 woulda got a playable character tho
I just dont want a pokemon, period
Your secret weapon? What’s that? More positivity?

Anyway. The fact that the next character is likely to be announced tomorrow kind of throws off the whole “Capcom character in March” thing. Although... I suppose it could be revealed now and then release in early March. That would still fit in with the whole “capcoms doing a bunch of stuff in March” idea.

And I know know know know we are not getting a double reveal. But my god I want one so bad and I’m tired of this drip feed. But yeah, if a double reveal happens it will probably only be at E3 (or an equivalent stream). I’m just so tired of waiting!

God. Imagine if they did a TRIPPLE REVEAL! Oh my god I just drooled a little thinking about that. They won’t. That’s definitely not happening. But... well.... shrug. Here’s to a great direct and to desperately hoping we get more characters after pass 2 in some form because puppet.
i almost forgot its still febuary lol

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
The problem with a Pokemon is this:

Grimmsnarl, Mr. Rime, Drafapult: Incredibly cool, but would never be chosen

Urshifu, Rillaboom, Conference: Likely, but also boring.
That's really how I feel about it. Starters are likeliest to be chosen despite other Pokemon being more interesting from a gameplay standpoint (and IMO, a design standpoint). It's why I'd rather just not get a Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom