• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Luckily for me, in Portugal time the Direct is in this sweetspot where it's late enough to be past "time to actually do anything" hours but early enough to not be "I gotta *ing go to bed for *'s sake" hours
In Gran Canaria It will be some hours after the college classes end, so I'm good on time too.

It is my father's birthday too doh, so idk if we Will do something about that tomorrow.

D

Deleted member

Man, I don't want Eggman in Smash, I want a full on Sega fighting game. Make one, you cowards. Sega has such a rich history, a proper Nintendo vs Sega would be every 90s kid dream come true.

But really though, Eggman would be dope, but on the other hand it would still feel like so much untapped potential. Hell, Sega could get an entire Fighter's pass for itself and it wouldn't be enough.

I will be fine with the Fighter being anyone as I already bought FP2, but if I were to say someone who I really wish got announced tomorrow It would either be Pauline, Sakura Amamiya or Eggman.
Personally, I'd prefer the other Sakura. Maybe it's nostalgia or maybe it's her pink color scheme, I dunno. But ultimately I'd be fine with either. Pauline or Eggman would be nice, too, though.

And when Pauline joins the fight, Alfonzo is in charge of singing:
Leave it to me!

Also, its my birthday today so help me will Playable Mega Man X DLC into existence.
Happy birthday, dude.

Shroob

Sup?
He said something among the lines of “I’m just focusing on the current fighters we have to make right now with no plans atm for more”

Which was over a year ago.Not to mention they also told us FP1 was it I am pretty sure. Which obviously wasn’t the case
I do think though that we shouldn't put the cart before the horse.

Also, Sakurai's wordings were, more or less according to Source Gaming, that "The continuous development for Smash Ultimate will come to an end".

Not impossible for a 3rd wave no, but let's play with the cards that we've been currently dealt.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
He said something among the lines of “I’m just focusing on the current fighters we have to make right now with no plans atm for more”

Which was over a year ago.Not to mention they also told us FP1 was it I am pretty sure. Which obviously wasn’t the case
OK. Like, literally I think the best way for him to get a pseudo vacation in is to stay making Smash characters. Like, if Ultimate ends, he's gonna move on to the next project. That's just who he is and how companies work. And while making individual fighters is certainly not easy, it's way easier then building a whole entire damn game that's for sure! So he gets a relatively lighter workload for his "vacation" and then when he's rested enough he can move on to whatever is next.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Man, I don't want Eggman in Smash, I want a full on Sega fighting game. Make one, you cowards. Sega has such a rich history, a proper Nintendo vs Sega would be every 90s kid dream come true.

But really though, Eggman would be dope, but on the other hand it would still feel like so much untapped potential. Hell, Sega could get an entire Fighter's pass for itself and it wouldn't be enough.
All I have to offer is ideas for a Sonic fighting game in mind with some Sega guests

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Each time we talk about this like a Direct or reveal I'm reminded of the time I ditched class to watch a Smash announcement. Teacher was boring, the class was boring and my friends weren't in. Miss them days.

Luckily for me, in Portugal time the Direct is in this sweetspot where it's late enough to be past "time to actually do anything" hours but early enough to not be "I gotta *ing go to bed for *'s sake" hours
In Gran Canaria It will be some hours after the college classes end, so I'm good on time too.

It is my father's birthday too doh, so idk if we Will do something about that tomorrow.
Us Western European have gotten it mostly perfect for Direct times! Nothing more perfect than near but not too near midnight.

Our American friends don't have it as lucky.

OK. Like, literally I think the best way for him to get a pseudo vacation in is to stay making Smash characters. Like, if Ultimate ends, he's gonna move on to the next project. That's just who he is and how companies work. And while making individual fighters is certainly not easy, it's way easier then building a whole entire damn game that's for sure! So he gets a relatively lighter workload for his "vacation" and then when he's rested enough he can move on to whatever is next.
Honestly I just hope after making Ultimate complete he can move on from Nintendo and create a personal game project of his without being tied to a franchise. While other recent examples of that are well messy looks at Kojima I think Sakurai would be great to see what he can come up with.

Or be allowed to revive another dormant franchise. Whichever.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Let the man rest.

Sakurai been working on Smash almost non-stop since Smash 4, dude deserve some true vacations once he is done with Fighter Pass 2

That, and I feel the longer Smash Speculation goes, the less fun it become. Nothing good last forever, and I prefer if we could all one day move on from of it all & instead remember all the good time we had on this crazy ride that is Smash Bros.

Oh, and after he got his vacations, I want Sakurai trying somethin' new game wise. Uprising show that the man as alot of great ideas he can show off when he isn't working on the same type of gameplay for decades.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

All I have to offer is ideas for a Sonic fighting game in mind with some Sega guests
Man, just thinking about it, there are so many possible rival fights just for Sega alone, don't even need Nintendo:
Akira vs Segata
Beat vs Ulala
Alex Kidd vs Sonic
Ryo vs Kiryu
Bonanza Bros. vs Joker
Knuckles vs Vyse
Sketch vs Sakura

But speaking of a pure Sonic fighter, I'm one of the few who liked Sonic Championship, so I'd totally be down for a sequel to this, too, whether it's 2d or 3d.

Us Western European have gotten it mostly perfect for Direct times! Nothing more perfect than near but not too near midnight.
laughs in 11pm

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Ohhhhh boy. ‘Bout time we got a new Nintendo Direct. I’m lookin’ forward to it, and I’ll definitely be recording my reactions to it. If anyone would be interested in watching my reactions, lemme know and I can tag ya when the video is out.

Really random question to the artists of the thread, but how would you all react if tomorrow they announced a new Art Academy either for Nintendo Switch or tablet app?

I’m pretty indifferent to the Art Academy games, but I did have a lot of fun with Pokémon Art Academy when I was younger, so I can see some young artists getting a kick out of a new title.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Let the man rest.

Sakurai been working on Smash almost non-stop since Smash 4, dude deserve some true vacations once he is done with Fighter Pass 2

That, and I feel the longer Smash Speculation goes, the less fun it become. Nothing good last forever, and I prefer if we could all one day move on from of it all & instead remember all the good time we had on this crazy ride that is Smash Bros.
Exactly.

It's the friend we made along the way sort of thing. My curiosity of speculation led me here after lurking for so long and what was a throwaway account turned a 180.

After it ends, I'll likely leave here but 100% keep in contact with a few of you guys.

laughs in 11pm
Germany is basically Central European. Well would be Western European time but I blame Russia for having too much land for that.

Looks at Map of Europe

This is going to annoy me with this timezone thing..

D

Deleted member

Mach Rider revival by Sakurai.
As a big Mad Max fan, I'd be so down for that you can't even imagine. Mach Rider has the potential to become Nintendo's "Mad Max" and just the thought about that makes me excited.

That or Ice Climber, I feel like a that one has potential to be a pretty chill, atmospheric exploration game if done right.

Do you work on euros too?

Need those 50€ for Persona 5 Strikers, thank you very much.
PS4 or Switch version?

I do have that matchup at least
You got me curious though, what's your potential roster for a Sonic (& guests) fighting game?

Germany is basically Central European. Well would be Western European time but I blame Russia for having too much land for that.

Looks at Map of Europe

This is going to annoy me with this timezone thing..
I await the day when we finally get rid of DST. Such an annoying concept. They've been debating about that for a while now, but nothing's has happened so far.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
They really want to bring the hype:
It's been 1000 years since the last full direct.

They better hype the **** out of it if they want to get da money, especially since there isn't alot of games coming out in 2021 on Switch.

EDIT: Think I got :ultgreninja:'ed

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
You got me curious though, what's your potential roster for a Sonic (& guests) fighting game?
Here’s my thread on it:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Let the man rest.

Oh, and after he got his vacations, I want Sakurai trying somethin' new game wise. Uprising show that the man as alot of great ideas he can show off when he isn't working on the same type of gameplay for decades.
"No you dont understand, He is an adult, he can stop working if he wants, you dont understand, you dont understand, he can keep working if he wants, you dont under-"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think I will go for the Switch version as they apparently improved the loading times from the original release and I want more Atlus content on the Switch.
Personally, I'm still undecided. Switch has the portability, but a game like this might be better on a more powerful console.
Here’s my thread on it:
Took a look through the roster and stages. Tangle and Whisper are from the new comic, right? All in all, a pretty good roster, maybe a bit much for a first entry in a potential game series, but I feel like in a theoretical scenario, Sega would have enough manpower to make it happen still. Also I like the idea of combining stages, like Playstation All-Stars did. has the potential for some interesting combinations there.

Have you looked into making it a fangame yet by chance? If so, I could recommend MUGEN, it's a pretty versatile fighting game engine. You could, for example, have a Smash Bros styled character fight against a Capcom vs styled one.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
"No you dont understand, He is an adult, he can stop working if he wants, you dont understand, you dont understand, he can keep working if he wants, you dont under-"
I mean, whatever he want to keep working on Smash or not, it can only last so long.

He is human like all of us, his body as his limits, and I think he recognize that fact all too well.

I love Smash Bros, not as much as before, but I still respect what this franchise & it's creator bringed to the world and that it allowed so many fans from different series & ages to interact with each other and have fun while doing so, but one day, either Smash will stop, or most likely, someone else will take the wheel and it won't ever be quite the same, for better or worse.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If we're talking things outside of Smash I'd like to see in the direct.

• Mega Man Battle Network Collection
  • Mega Man X9
  • Metroid Prime 4
  • Metroid Collection
  • Gameboy/Gameboy Color NSO
  • MUA4
  • Some sort of fighting game re-release
  • KI3 getting the Ori treatment
  • Whatever Platinum is working on.
  • Maybe a new Mario Party or something.
Though I'm guessing Zelda and Pokemon will have something, a few indie games of course. And trailers for some announced games that aren't out yet.

By no means am I expecting much of these, but it'd be nice to have ONE of tem.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom