• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Gran Turismo, Persona, Uncharted are all pretty good picks. Though something puts me Gran Turismo for some reason (but I'm getting 7 for PS5

Might try this later.

I'm calling it for my surprise prediction. Persona 4 Golden announced and shadowdropped for Switch tomorrow.

If it can happen with No More Heroes it can happen for this! Let me dream!
I'll happily take P4G, but i really really REALLY want P5R

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
He'll always be my hero. :dk:

Seriously, that song doesn't have any right to be as good as it is in a DK cartoon. I also completely forgot that it was pretty much half a musical. Certainly a weird decision, but it did give us some gems.
Hey, feel free to not like the DKC cartoon, but at least, never diss it being a musical.

I loved the cartoon, personally.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Alright, I'm gonna throw a quick prediction out here:

If there isn't any fighter extensions announced tomorrow, I don't think we'll be getting any and #11 is it. Would love to be wrong, and I was waaaay wrong last time, but I got a gut feeling this is it.

And Gooigi will be revealed tomorrow too IDK.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Persona 5 Royal on Switch would be a surprise for all...but also somehow not the last surprise

still more likely than Uprising HD at least
If anything, about Persona 5 on the Switch...

We'll probably never see it coming...

...Yeah, I see the door to my left.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Like, no?

It's not the best mini console but you can't tell me only titles that developers don't care about are there when it has titles like FFVII.
Fair enough, I just wanted to make a joke about a Persona Atlus doesn't care about being on a mini console that was a flop. Namco obviously did care if they bothered getting the licensing issues for Tekken 3 worked out for it.

If there isn't any fighter extensions announced tomorrow, I don't think we'll be getting any and #11 is it. Would love to be wrong, and I was waaaay wrong last time, but I got a gut feeling this is it.
I think the pattern is supposed to be that the next pass gets announced with the second-to-last fighter, not the forth fighter.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

And Gooigi will be revealed tomorrow too IDK.
I'm similar. I think this is it plus a redone "Everyone is Here Trailer" and maybe a final bonus stage like Melee version of Final Destination. Maybe an echo fighter thing but no more.

And then fin.

I'm very confident in this.

D

Deleted member

So, any chance we get Skyward Sword HD? It's been rumored for while
It would be cool to see ngl

Skyward Sword from what little I played of it was only bogged down by the Wii’s own shoddy motion controls(which was more of an issue with the fact motion controls were a new thing at the time than an actual problem)

So it getting a remake, years later, on a console which has almost perfected the very concept of motion controls, would do well for it.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Oh, yeah, and Zelda 35th Collection, 'cause at this point it feels super obvious, especially with all the recent trademarks.
Is it strange I still feel super divided on that?

Like I can see it happening but I think Nintendo would rather have separate Pokémon and Zelda Directs just to not draw attention from stuff like Smash Bros and all of this.

Still as long as Wind Waker on the go is a thing I want. Or a Spirit Tracks remake.

Unrelated, but Joe Biden mains Luigi in Mario Kart.
Uh.........what.

I feel like there is a super obvious joke in there but not sure.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It would be cool to see ngl

Skyward Sword from what little I played of it was only bogged down by the Wii’s own shoddy motion controls(which was more of an issue with the fact motion controls were a new thing at the time than an actual problem)

So it getting a remake, years later, on a console which has almost perfected the very concept of motion controls, would do well for it.
It released a fair bit into the Wii's life cycle and utilised the Motion Plus accessory for more accurate motion controls.

It controlled great but people just bemoaned it for having them in the first place.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, any chance we get Skyward Sword HD? It's been rumored for while
I would be cool with a Port of that Game which includes extra content.

I missed out on the game back in the day, and It is nowadays really hard to find in my island.
I also feel Switch motion controls can work well enough for It.

MooMew64

Honestly expecting them to announce that 3D All Stars isn't actually leaving and instead wll be sold seperately.

Sounds like a Nintendo thing.
"Because the community is so passionate about Mario, we decided we couldn't just end the fun in March, so after the targeted archival date of 3D All-Stars, players are free to purchase these landmark titles for the hero of the Mushroom Kingdom individually on the Nintendo eShop.

For $60 each.

We love and listen to our fans! 😊"

In all real talk, I'd at least appreciate them still being available, lol. I take what I can get.

Last edited:

MooMew64

Anyway

Anticipating tomorrow

Expecting it to get leaked because "lol presskits"

Dreading a potential "Releasing... at this date in March!" release schedule.
Good thing I'll be at work a good chunk of the day then, lol.

Y'all can expect my usual reaction audio.

Don't have the time to try and do anything more fancy than recording it on my laptop. You'll probably hear my family watching it with me, and the sound quality will be terrible, but dang it, Smash reactions are the best and I wanna record mine if I can, lol.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I downloaded FF: All the Bravest and then deleted it after defeating Gilgamesh in the second world. It was a hell of a lot easier than actually killing Gilgamesh in FFV.

D

Deleted member

Well, one thing I'm sure we'll see in the Direct are those Mario items for Animal Crossing. Not like I'm expecting much, they're probably just the same ones we've been getting since the first game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom