• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Took a look through the roster and stages. Tangle and Whisper are from the new comic, right? All in all, a pretty good roster, maybe a bit much for a first entry in a potential game series, but I feel like in a theoretical scenario, Sega would have enough manpower to make it happen still. Also I like the idea of combining stages, like Playstation All-Stars did. has the potential for some interesting combinations there.

Have you looked into making it a fangame yet by chance? If so, I could recommend MUGEN, it's a pretty versatile fighting game engine. You could, for example, have a Smash Bros styled character fight against a Capcom vs styled one.

Yep on Tangle and Whisper. Some of the characters could be DLC (like the guests and the comic characters) depending on if they appear in the story mode or not and how much support SEGA could give this game. I’m trying to build off what Fighters and Battle started albeit in a different style of gameplay. I probably won’t make a fangame as my mindset for this is approaching it like it was an official game. I appreciate the thoughts on this and if there’s any feedback or ideas you’d like to bring up, please let me know.

D

Deleted member

Oh boy, here we go again:
Seriously, **** this guy. Like, clickbait is one thing, but the continuous comparisons to Earthbound and Undertale he does just undermines the actual creativity that went into those games and at this point is just flat out disrespectful due to how he always does it. Let games stand on their own. Maybe I'm getting needlessly angry about this, but it really does make me mad. People put their heart and soul into those games, just to get called "next Earthbound/Undertale"

Apparently Earthbound and Undertale are the only 2 RPGs that exist.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
just in case a new victory theme joins the rest of these greats...plus the ones with eh to bad edits for Ultimate

D

Deleted member

Oh boy, here we go again:
Seriously, **** this guy. Like, clickbait is one thing, but the continuous comparisons to Earthbound and Undertale he does just undermines the actual creativity that went into those games and at this point is just flat out disrespectful due to how he always does it. Let games stand on their own. Maybe I'm getting needlessly angry about this, but it really does make me mad. People put their heart and soul into those games, just to get called "next Earthbound/Undertale"

Apparently Earthbound and Undertale are the only 2 RPGs that exist.
Yeah, I feel that if the only thing you can say about a game is comparing It to an already existing Game and nothing else you are doing a bad job at getting people interested on It.

A personal example I have of that situation is Bug Fables: a lot of people say it's good but when I ask all those people what makes It different from other RPGs I play they all just say "It's like Paper Mario TTYD" or "It is what Paper Mario fans wanted", when I didn't ask which Game they remind It off or what Paper Mario fans wanted, I asked what makes Bug Fables different from other RPGs I play.

That's why I like YouTube channels such as Nitro Rad, because even when he does a few times compare the games he reviews with another one, It isn't the main argument and actually fills the video with all kinds of pros and cons which form a better stance and mental picture of what the game would feel like if I played It.
Not to mention that they just put the name of the Game and nothing else in the title.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Well Wonder Egg Priority is keeping up it's greatness so far now having reaching the mid-point. Definitely one of the biggest surprises to me recently and would recommend as it's if Nightmare on Elm Street, Persona 4 and Puella Magi Madoka Magica had a baby.

And as for Smash Bros tomorrow still keeping to my predictions for the rest of the pass.

1. Nintendo First Party
-Xenoblade
-Pokemon
-Retro
-Zelda
-Famicom Detective (Remakes coming up)

2. Western Third Party plus one Japanese
-Crash Bandicoot
-Sega (been increasing my support for Tails lately)
-Bethesda
-Ubisoft but not Assassin's Creed or Rayman
-Indie rep like Hollow Knight.

3. (Somewhat) Left Field Japanese Third Party that could benefit from a boost in the West.
-Falcom
-Arc System Works
-Type Moon (Fate)
-Cygames (Granblue Fantasy)
-Koei Tecmo

And at the end a new final stage and a redone Everyone is Here trailer. I'm confident in this.

Now if you excuse me, I'm going back to 13th Century Japan and 1899 America games wise.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

This would only happen if they announce the remakes will be localized.
They will as the game has got probably the best visual novel developer remaking it: Mages being the creators of Steins Gate and its off-shoots.

I'm confident in it but it will be quite a while after it's Japanese release.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
They will as the game has got probably the best visual novel developer remaking it: Mages being the creators of Steins Gate and its off-shoots.

I'm confident in it but it will be quite a while after it's Japanese release.
And visual novels in the west are more popular now than they were back when the games first came out, so the posibility is there.

D

Deleted member

Yep on Tangle and Whisper. Some of the characters could be DLC (like the guests and the comic characters) depending on if they appear in the story mode or not and how much support SEGA could give this game. I’m trying to build off what Fighters and Battle started albeit in a different style of gameplay. I probably won’t make a fangame as my mindset for this is approaching it like it was an official game. I appreciate the thoughts on this and if there’s any feedback or ideas you’d like to bring up, please let me know.
Oh, I will if that's what you want. Truthfully though, I'm not well versed when it comes to Sonic, so I doubt I could be of much help. I do really like those little nods to past games during those pre-fight convos, like Knuckles punching the Chaos Emeralds out of Sonic or Shadow's roundhouse kick against Silver. And as long as you don't make Tails say "Who's your daddy, Shadow?", all's fine.

I totally get what you mean with approaching it like an official game, but in case you ever get the urge to try your hand at it, even if just out of curiosity's sake, I do recommend MUGEN. For a very extreme example of what you can do, look up Card Sagas Wars. Too bad it has been canned.

That's why I like YouTube channels such as Nitro Rad, because even when he does a few times compare the games he reviews with another one, It isn't the main argument and actually fills the video with all kinds of pros and cons which form a better stance and mental picture of what the game would feel like if I played It.
Not to mention that they just put the name of the Game and nothing else in the title.
Oh, I know him. Funnily enough, I found out about Nitro thanks to another GT screwup as well, back in 2019, where they said they won't link to a store page, while (surprise) comparing it to Undertale. Didn't even care to get the studio's name right.

Saw James call him out and recognized his name from the Youtube recommendations. Checked him out and been watching him ever since. I think his most recent video at the time was about Glover. I especially love his more laid back style when it comes to reviewing things.

Dutch Raikuna

And visual novels in the west are more popular now than they were back when the games first came out, so the posibility is there.
Visual Novels are more popular than they were like five years ago and it is on the rise. Just needs a real "breakout" game. Zero Escape, Phoenix Wright, Danganronpa and Mages stuff has really pushed it higher.

IDK what could be that. Maybe Borderlands or Doom Dating Simulator visual novel or something. Needs to be edgy for the 12 years old COD players that their mum buys for them by mistake.

Joking of course.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just needs a real "breakout" game. Zero Escape, Phoenix Wright, Danganronpa and Mages stuff has really pushed it higher.
I’d argue that Danganronpa and Phoenix Wright are the breakout games tbh.

They take the very premise of Visual Novels(a small and easy to make storytelling game using as little sprites and animations as possible) and completely overhauls it, although they both take vastly different directions.

D

Deleted member

This is literally Donkey Kong each time a new Fighter gets announced:
He'll always be my hero. :dk:

Seriously, that song doesn't have any right to be as good as it is in a DK cartoon. I also completely forgot that it was pretty much half a musical. Certainly a weird decision, but it did give us some gems.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dutch Raikuna

Spent a few days thinking about what to add to this list and here is the final result:

Ofc some of these picks may be well... controversial
Gran Turismo, Persona, Uncharted are all pretty good picks. Though something puts me Gran Turismo for some reason (but I'm getting 7 for PS5

Might try this later.

Persona Switch COLLECTION!

Persona 3, 4, AND 5!
I'm calling it for my surprise prediction. Persona 4 Golden announced and shadowdropped for Switch tomorrow.

If it can happen with No More Heroes it can happen for this! Let me dream!

D

Deleted member

He'll always be my hero. :dk:

Seriously, that song doesn't have any right to be as good as it is in a DK cartoon. I also completely forgot that it was pretty much half a musical. Certainly a weird decision, but it did give us some gems.
My favourite song had to be this one:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Gran Turismo, Persona, Uncharted are all pretty good picks. Though something puts me Gran Turismo for some reason (but I'm getting 7 for PS5

Might try this later.

I'm calling it for my surprise prediction. Persona 4 Golden announced and shadowdropped for Switch tomorrow.

If it can happen with No More Heroes it can happen for this! Let me dream!
I'll happily take P4G, but i really really REALLY want P5R

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom