• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Quick question; what the heck is that tiny circle above Meteor’s tail in the FF7 logo? Is it the black materia? The white? Or just a random piece of materia? This has been puzzling me for a while now.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Quick question; what the heck is that tiny circle above Meteor’s tail in the FF7 logo? Is it the black materia? The white? Or just a random piece of materia? This has been puzzling me for a while now.
It could just be any old materia. It's never been specified.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm finally gotten around to starting season 2 of Hilda.
I can't believe David is a hecking zombie now. Just...jeeze.

D

Deleted member

Good morning you absolute legends. Hoping you are all having a good morning.

Bumping this because I want to see if the person will put their ****ing pride aside for a second and do the right thing.
Ngl, I still feel really bad at myself for accidentally being part of the problem back when It happened.

I did apologize yesterday about It with a sort of big post... But idk if they will consider It enough.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
first time. They have been killing me no n stop. i get then to their transformed state and then they murder me. I know people say "focus on the one that poisions you first" but I use auto target because I suck.at using the right stick to target

im at a loss....

Holy arrows work... Then they transform and then its just save, relaod, try the fight again cycle all over again

nothing would change expect it would be an isufferable girl rather then an insufferable boy
Insufferable? Pre-Season 6? Wow. That’s.... blunt.
Super Brawl Universe uses the baby version.
Ok. Yeah. My gut was right. This is bad. Using the All Grown Up version. No beating up babies on my watch.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
In my Nick Smash ideas, I had all the Rugrats in a :ultbowserjr: scenario where all the babies are in the Reptar Wagons that take all the damage
That would be okay for a game like that. But for an action platformer the execution would be a bit clunkier. Idk. Maybe it’s just the mom in me who doesn’t like the idea, or maybe it’s the kid who grew up liking All Grown Up and is surprised to see it get hate in the modern era.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
That would be okay for a game like that. But for an action platformer the execution would be a bit clunkier. Idk. Maybe it’s just the mom in me who doesn’t like the idea, or maybe it’s the kid who grew up liking All Grown Up and is surprised to see it get hate in the modern era.
I mean I don’t think the show was that well received during its run. It lost the appeal of the adventure aspect and satire of babies misunderstanding the adult world and replaced it with pre-teen drama. Didn’t help that a lot more pre-teen targeted series started becoming more prevalent with the network, possibly to rival Disney Channel

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Working on my idea for changes made in a hypothetical remake collection of the Nicktoons Unite games. Most of them I know exactly what I want to do with. But one I am really struggling with is Attack if the Toybots. Mainly on one decision. What new characters to add. Toybots’s format is perfect for integrating new characters, and because of... reasons... you don’t even need to worry about gameplay. I already know I am going to incorporate all of the characters from both the Wii/PS2 and DS versions of the game.
  • SpongeBob SquarePants
  • Patrick Star
  • Danny Phantom
  • Sam Manson
  • Timmy Turner
  • Jimmy Neutron
  • Tak
  • Stimpy J. Cat
  • Rocko Rama
  • Invader ZIM
  • GIR
  • Jenny Wakeman
  • El Tigre
  • Mr. Blik (Catscratch)
But I want to add more. Some shows just didn’t exist at the time and there are some real icons not there. But I also want to limit myself to not go overboard. So I’m going to ask you to pick two characters from two different Nicktoons from each of Nickelodeon’s three decades of animated content (1991-2000, 2001-2010, and 2011-2020). I would ask you to refer to this page for what shows are eligible. One, stay away from shows 2021 and beyond, I’ve already decided on that era (Garfield and Star Trek), plus we don’t know what most of those shows are like yet because we haven’t even seen trailers for most of them. Two, the three DreamWorks shows are discounted. Nickelodeon does not own those franchises, they’re on the list of official Nicktoons because they were produced in house at Nick, this is dissimilar to the Turtles, Garfield, Winx Club, or Star Trek, because Nickelodeon actually purchased those ips outright. Three, please only select one of the two versions of the Turtles on the list.

I turn it over to you.
Regarding new additional characters.

When it comes to popularity guess Lincoln or one of the turtles themselves would come to mind.

If it were up to me though it'd be Muscular Beaver (Daggett) or Baron Bad Beaver (Norbert).

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm finally gotten around to starting season 2 of Hilda.
I can't believe David is a hecking zombie now. Just...jeeze.
Just wait until you see the end of Season 2. You'll be in for a surprise.

A serious cliffhanger, that's all I can say about it which will likely be leading up to the 70-minute movie special.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Maybe I should clarify, but I really am not mad at most of you or wanted an apology from you guys, it was specifically one person, not calling names though. I do want to thank Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna for calling that mindset out though.

I proceeded to ignore said person though and asked for an account deletion last night. Maybe it's overkill, I dunno. Maybe I'll be back in the future, maybe not, I don't know yet. Might as well use the time to do something productive. Like hell it's gonna happen in a pandemic.

And to put into perspective just how bad my moth phobia is, I once had one stuck to the back of my hand and no matter how much I flailed it wouldn't go off, because they're worse than glue. I wanted to scream but couldn't muster a single sound. I was about to punch the wall just so it would finally fall off. When I see a moth outside my whole body goes weak and I have to stare at it, not because I want to (believe me, I don't), but so I know where that thing is and won't sneak up.

Like, when it comes to insects in the house, I avoid killing them if possible, I'll just grab a glass and paper and throw them outta the door. Like spiders, no problem with those. But moths? They're the only ones where I grab a vacuum cleaner, not because I hate them (I do though), but because I literally can't grab them. I have to get a vacuum cleaner and stand as far back as possible.

Does it sound irrational? Yes, but that's why it's a phobia.

Good morning you absolute legends. Hoping you are all having a good morning.

Ngl, I still feel really bad at myself for accidentally being part of the problem back when It happened.

I did apologize yesterday about It with a sort of big post... But idk if they will consider It enough.
Gonna reply to you directly because I know of your anxiety issues to tell you that I'm not mad at you at all or wanted an apology from you. Really, you're a good noodle.

Just imagine your name being on there.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
David dies twice in one episode, now Hilda dies twice in one episode.

Can't wait to see how they find a way to kill Frida twice in the same episode. Maybe they'll mix it up and kill her three times instead.
Now I want to keep watching but I should probably go to sleep. I'll finish the rest of the series tomorrow.
Just wait until you see the end of Season 2. You'll be in for a surprise.

A serious cliffhanger, that's all I can say about it which will likely be leading up to the 70-minute movie special.
I'm really looking forward to it. Season 1 was really strong already but Season 2 is definitely cementing Hilda to be among my favorite shows.
I proceeded to ignore said person though and asked for an account deletion last night. Maybe it's overkill, I dunno. Maybe I'll be back in the future, maybe not, I don't know yet. Might as well use the time to do something productive. Like hell it's gonna happen in a pandemic.
Well whatever it is you decide to do from here, I hope it works out for you. And if you ever do decide to come back, I think most of us would be happy to have you again.

Take care.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Whatever you choose @Taigiry , I hope it will make you happier.

I may not have a phobia per say, but I definitly feel lots of fears when I see i'm high in the air and I can see how much distance there is between the ground down there and where I am up there. I also have a fear of dogs, tho not to the point of fainting or even avoiding one when it's close, it depend of the dog I say.

What I'm sayin' is, I can relate to a extent, and you should definitly get a sorry from that user.

----

On another topic, god, Guilty Gear Strive lobby still look as trash as the first time, it's barely better in places, and I still genuily dislike the aesthetic of it all.

EDIT: And yes, I know it's a Beta, but beside some features they're going to add later, they aren't going to fix the core issues of that lobby system. Mainly the poor Habbo Hotel 2D look and how overcomplicate it is for a lobby system.

Last edited:

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

OH MY GOD

WHAT THE ****

ITS REAL
I always had the feeling they were going to return to Directs eventually and the only reason they weren't doing such for the time being was because of COVID.

Great to see its coming back!

dezeray112

Smash Hero

OH MY GOD

WHAT THE ****

ITS REAL
Interesting. Well, looks like I'll tune in to the Direct tomorrow to see what sort of news they have for Smash.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The direct is happenin' at 23:00 for me & others.
-----.jpg

I'm still happy, but also, damn it and all.

D

Deleted member

OH MY GOD

WHAT THE ****

ITS REAL
Of course the day after I put in a deletion request we get a Nintendo Direct. Well, guys, nice knowing you, no turning back from Thanos. Seriously, what is this timing?

Also man, Smash news, which means we'll very likely see the new character. Out of the most likely choices, I personally hoping it's Crash.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

OH MY GOD

WHAT THE ****

ITS REAL
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! They’re BACK! Suck it Arlo! Yeah! Put that in your pouch (he has a pouch, he’s actually a marsupial)!

D

Deleted member

Honestly I’m just glad we’re back to directs rather than shadowdrops. Glad to see they’re back after a one year hiatus.

50 minutes is alot of time for a direct too(iirc the average was like 30 something minutes).. I’m willing to bet most of this will be stuff that was delayed from 2020 into 2021.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom