• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Would it be wrong to have a Rugrats character beat up/get beat up by evil robot toys? Or would it be better to use their All Grown Up counterparts?
I can only imagine how different the show would’ve been had they gone that route.

Thought the show likely would’ve been canned after Season 2 due to a significant loss of the target audience at that time.
Yeah. But it would have been the first ever children’s cartoon to have its main character transition and Timmy would have become an LGBTQ icon.

But would that be a good trade off for loosing Seasons 3-5. But season 6 and beyond? Good by and good riddance

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Would it be wrong to have a Rugrats character beat up/get beat up by evil robot toys? Or would it be better to use their All Grown Up counterparts?

Yeah. But it would have been the first ever children’s cartoon to have its main character transition and Timmy would have become an LGBTQ icon.

But would that be a good trade off for loosing Seasons 3-5. But season 6 and beyond? Good by and good riddance
I don't know what your talking about but it reminded me of that rugrats episode where Tommy gets stuck/ lost? in the toystore and thinks this toy king kong is chasing him but then a toy reptar runs into it and he thinks reptar saved him

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

As cool as that sounds, do you really want Butch Hartman handling an LGBT character?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Just finished Bowser’s Fury. Plan to 100% it soon.

Is it wrong to say I enjoyed it more than the main game?

I dunno man, Sandbox Mario just does it for me. Even a miniature sandbox Mario.

3D World is great, but Bowser’s Fury man. It’s a great ride.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
As an adult it still startles me to hear people say season 3 was bad. Like... I still don’t understand why people think that. Not everything needs to be a part of some grand arc where every little detail could be a potential mindbending plot twist.
Copy and pasted from TV Tropes but I think all this gets the post across:
Season 3 had some good ideas. However, it was all botched due to rushing some subplots, as well as forgetting others or not giving them proper conclusion, Vlad's Villain Decay making him less impressive as a villain as well as appearing when not needed, constant Ship Tease between Danny and Sam that even shippers felt was unnecessary and unneeded episodes (one example is Livin' Large, where Danny literally changes his opinion on being rich in the middle of the episode and becomes greedy for no reason).
  • Danny finally frees Wulf, but the episode this occurs in only features this in the second half of it, the first half is more of an unrelated summer camp story.
  • Danielle's subplot of being unstable was going to end differently, with the Fentons adopting her, instead she's stabilized by a miracle "Fenton gadget of the day" and goes off on her own again... in only her second appearance.
  • Valerie learns the existence of half ghosts and that her hate for them made her a pawn of Vlad Plasmius, vowing to make him pay... right before the series finale.
  • Also, in the episode Valerie becomes a ghost hunter, Tucker attempts to establish a relationship with her. Although she at first dates him because of his knowledge on ghosts, the end of "Shades of Grey" implies she started to reciprocate those feelings. However, by her next appearance, not only is Tucker over Valerie, he's outright rude to her. This route could've granted Tucker some much needed character development with dueling loyalties, but was removed in favor of Valerie becoming Danny's love interest.
  • Several people felt "Reality Trip" would have gone better if Danny didn't erase his secret identity from his parents' memory. If they still knew then Danny wouldn't have to worry about them hunting him like in "Forever Phantom" and they would have been much more helpful if they were aware, from stabilizing Dani to knowing not to trust Vlad. If anything, erasing their memory, especially when they made it clear they loved their son no matter what, wasn't restoring Status Quo so much as not letting characters develop and keep plots repetitive.
    • Many were also disappointed that we didn't get to see Valerie's reaction to Danny's identity being revealed.
  • Thanks to Steve Marmel not being a part of the show anymore, many story arcs from the first two seasons were dropped. The above mentioned Danielle and Valerie stories were among them. Other examples being the return of Dark Danny and Vlad's deal with the Fright Knight. These could have been explored in season 3, instead of an episode devoted to... the Box Ghost.
  • The "The Ultimate Enemy" set up the possibility that Vlad might see the error of his ways one day and reform, sadly he never did.
  • Vlad attempting to clone Danny really didn't go passed the first episode it's brought up in. If his plan had actually succeeded, we could've had some interesting plots and encounters with a clone of Danny, possibly on the level of "The Ultimate Enemy" in terms of how they could've been done.
  • "Boxed Up Fury", simply for the fact that it exists. A lot of fans tend to agree with whoever posts the Ghost Zone's Wanted Posters, not thinking the Box Ghost deserved an entire episode devoted to him, especially in a season already bogged down by Danny and Sam's Romantic Plot Tumor.
Also concerning Danny himself. Following two seasons that developed his growth as a character, the third season regressed him to doing rather idiotic things, became extremely selfish, and depending far too heavily on Sam.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I just stood up for the first time in about four hours and..................yep I need to go to bed. At least I didn't take as much caffeine which is a good step.

Wademan94 Wademan94 we'll continue our talk tomorrow. Not ready to show my story until a few more paragraphs.

Remember guys, one thing. Actually three.

1. I'm gonna have a massive headache in the morning from lack of sleep and gonna try to not go on here half a day each now.

2. Almost one month until St. Patricks Day. Which means I can finally post what I intended to last year but pandemic dread brought us all down. Yous will all love it. Probably not but it's the hope that counts.

3. Uh I forgot. Oh, tried seaweed made crisps and tasted horrible.

Anyways good night to yous all and have a wonderful day tomorrow or today.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
As cool as that sounds, do you really want Butch Hartman handling an LGBT character?
Ooooo. Forgot about that part. Yeah, probably not a good idea.

Stan Timmantha. Stain Butch. **** that guy.
Copy and pasted from TV Tropes but I think all this gets the post across:
Season 3 had some good ideas. However, it was all botched due to rushing some subplots, as well as forgetting others or not giving them proper conclusion, Vlad's Villain Decay making him less impressive as a villain as well as appearing when not needed, constant Ship Tease between Danny and Sam that even shippers felt was unnecessary and unneeded episodes (one example is Livin' Large, where Danny literally changes his opinion on being rich in the middle of the episode and becomes greedy for no reason).
  • Danny finally frees Wulf, but the episode this occurs in only features this in the second half of it, the first half is more of an unrelated summer camp story.
  • Danielle's subplot of being unstable was going to end differently, with the Fentons adopting her, instead she's stabilized by a miracle "Fenton gadget of the day" and goes off on her own again... in only her second appearance.
  • Valerie learns the existence of half ghosts and that her hate for them made her a pawn of Vlad Plasmius, vowing to make him pay... right before the series finale.
  • Also, in the episode Valerie becomes a ghost hunter, Tucker attempts to establish a relationship with her. Although she at first dates him because of his knowledge on ghosts, the end of "Shades of Grey" implies she started to reciprocate those feelings. However, by her next appearance, not only is Tucker over Valerie, he's outright rude to her. This route could've granted Tucker some much needed character development with dueling loyalties, but was removed in favor of Valerie becoming Danny's love interest.
  • Several people felt "Reality Trip" would have gone better if Danny didn't erase his secret identity from his parents' memory. If they still knew then Danny wouldn't have to worry about them hunting him like in "Forever Phantom" and they would have been much more helpful if they were aware, from stabilizing Dani to knowing not to trust Vlad. If anything, erasing their memory, especially when they made it clear they loved their son no matter what, wasn't restoring Status Quo so much as not letting characters develop and keep plots repetitive.
    • Many were also disappointed that we didn't get to see Valerie's reaction to Danny's identity being revealed.
  • Thanks to Steve Marmel not being a part of the show anymore, many story arcs from the first two seasons were dropped. The above mentioned Danielle and Valerie stories were among them. Other examples being the return of Dark Danny and Vlad's deal with the Fright Knight. These could have been explored in season 3, instead of an episode devoted to... the Box Ghost.
  • The "The Ultimate Enemy" set up the possibility that Vlad might see the error of his ways one day and reform, sadly he never did.
  • Vlad attempting to clone Danny really didn't go passed the first episode it's brought up in. If his plan had actually succeeded, we could've had some interesting plots and encounters with a clone of Danny, possibly on the level of "The Ultimate Enemy" in terms of how they could've been done.
  • "Boxed Up Fury", simply for the fact that it exists. A lot of fans tend to agree with whoever posts the Ghost Zone's Wanted Posters, not thinking the Box Ghost deserved an entire episode devoted to him, especially in a season already bogged down by Danny and Sam's Romantic Plot Tumor.
Also concerning Danny himself. Following two seasons that developed his growth as a character, the third season regressed him to doing rather idiotic things, became extremely selfish, and depending far too heavily on Sam.
I see... I guess that makes me the only fan who actually likes the idea of Boxed Up Fury. The punching bag actually became a serious threat for a while. It was cool! Eh. I can see the complaints, but I’m willing to just take it for what it is. 13 episodes where Danny fights some of the most creative ghosts they ever came up with and super powered shenanigans. Like I said before, sometimes all a show needs to be is fun.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I don't know what your talking about but it reminded me of that rugrats episode where Tommy gets stuck/ lost? in the toystore and thinks this toy king kong is chasing him but then a toy reptar runs into it and he thinks reptar saved him
Forg hungry, forg want eat

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I see... I guess that makes me the only fan who actually likes the idea of Boxed Up Fury. The punching bag actually became a serious threat for a while. It was cool! Eh. I can see the complaints, but I’m willing to just take it for what it is. 13 episodes where Danny fights some of the most creative ghosts they ever came up with and super powered shenanigans. Like I said before, sometimes all a show needs to be is fun.
I think the Box thing could’ve been better received if it happened in Season 2 or if the final season had more episodes. I’m glad you were able to enjoy it, but to me I think it’s a bunch of squandered potential and a pretty lackluster and disappointing season and note to end the show on, especially for what the show set up before.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think the Box thing could’ve been better received if it happened in Season 2 or if the final season had more episodes. I’m glad you were able to enjoy it, but to me I think it’s a bunch of squandered potential and a pretty lackluster and disappointing season and note to end the show on, especially for what the show set up before.
As a kid I was just relieved to have more episodes. It went so long without airing the third season that I thought the show was gone, and then we get 10 new episodes once a day every day for a week and then a MOVIE! Sign me up! As an adult I can definitely see the missed potential. But if this makes any sense, they always felt more like bonus episodes then an actual third season.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
If this for the first time or for farming?
first time. They have been killing me no n stop. i get then to their transformed state and then they murder me. I know people say "focus on the one that poisions you first" but I use auto target because I suck.at using the right stick to target

im at a loss....

Holy arrows work... Then they transform and then its just save, relaod, try the fight again cycle all over again
Yeah. Would have been nice.

I wish Timmy had chosen to stay a girl
nothing would change expect it would be an isufferable girl rather then an insufferable boy

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160

I know being Trans is quite a bit different, but I came out as bisexual (I now identify as pansexual) in 2008. I was 14. Barack Obama was still against same-sex marriage at that point. Plus, I grew up in Rural Kentucky, so my family wasn't very fond of it. Hell, I STILL haven't come out to half those hillbillies.
But I 149% sympathize with LGBTQ+ struggles. Anything I personally experienced makes me extra pissed.
But Birdo from the Super Mario series is trans. She's AMAB.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
LMAO I decided to play some Terraria on a new save and almost immediately got a Slime Staff.

If you don't know, the Slime Staff is one of the rarest items in the game.

****ing hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom