• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Now, I rather prefer Danny Phentom's parents way more.

Sure, they were constantly trying to catch Danny when he was on Ghost Mode... But that was because they didn't realize It was actually their son and the worst thing they do is just being too invested into their work.

At least they have the humanity Timmy's parents lack.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I still find It quite disturbing that they decided to make an episode about a regular kid wishing they were never born and showing the world being happier without his presence.

Like man, even when I was a child that episode gave me the serious creeps.
It was supposed to be an homage to “It’s a Wonderful Life”, but they showed how miserable the lives of everyone in George’s life would be as opposed to whatever the hell Butch was trying to get across.

Now, I rather prefer Danny Phentom's parents way more.

Sure, they were constantly trying to catch Danny when he was on Ghost Mode... But that was because they didn't realize It was actually their son and the worst thing they do is just being too invested into their work.

At least they have the humanity Timmy's parents lack.
I was SOOOO mad at the end of the Summer Vacation special when Danny erases his parents memories of his reveal. I can forgive him doing that to the rest of the world, but considering how accepting they were, there was no reason for him to do that to his folks and I think it could’ve led to some interesting storylines with his parents in on the job, that is probably one of the worst cases of “Status Quo is God” I’ve ever seen

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Oh yeah.

STORY! That's what I forgot about!

That's what I forgot properly tonight. I was meant to work something about it.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
You wanna know who's a really flawed cartoon parent?
View attachment 303275
Sis really started a space war and then turned into her son to escape her problems
Imagine starting a cosmic war because you wanted some flesh monkey meat, and then leaving it to your son cuz you’re too lazy to sort it out.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Oh yeah.

STORY! That's what I forgot about!

That's what I forgot properly tonight.
I decided to work on my own story as well. But since I'm beginning the second major story arc soon, it's kinda scary because it basically feels like a re-tool of the plot and a re-evaluation of how the story is going and what I could improve upon. Not to mention I'm beginning to run into writer's block, which I haven't experienced in a while because I felt this big, thicc drive to write for the past 5 chapter and felt at ease. But now, I'm having a little creativity trouble.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I would argue that Timmy's parents are just as bad as Peter and Lois.

Child services should have taken Timmy away from them a long, long time ago.

Selfish child slaving greedy ***** who cares nothing more but their own desires.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I decided to work on my own story as well. But since I'm beginning the second major story arc soon, it's kinda scary because it basically feels like a re-tool of the plot and a re-evaluation of how the story is going and what I could improve upon. Not to mention I'm beginning to run into writer's block, which I haven't experienced in a while because I felt this big, thicc drive to write for the past 5 chapter and felt at ease. But now, I'm having a little creativity trouble.
Well me and Wade are still helping each other on stuff almost all the time. My story is keeping me sane during lockdown.

Still wished people here were more keen and enthusiastic to show stuff and vice versa but I'm not forcing people. Like I had that projects showcase thread that went nowhere.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You know given how much Family Guy, The Simpsons, Fairly Odd Parents (Thank god it has ended now, even if it was long overdue), and Spongebob (In my opinion) have fallen. I'm grateful The Angry Beavers and The Regular Show ended where they were.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
more speaking of cartoons

I just remembered this **** was a thing
And, it was, in fact, based on a screensaver:
Screensavers were a big deal back in the day, kids. Not like today where you just let your monitor go black after 20 minutes.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
That’s what we call flanderization.
Y'know, is that what happened to Patrick from SpongeBob?

Like yeah, he was dumb, but since when was he so dumb that he'd attempt to use a flamethrower to dry off a wet pet? (when he had to watch Gary for SpongeBob) I guess there was an episode that explained Patrick's inconsistent intelligence as his own choice, though...but then that makes him worse in the case with Gary...

Maybe SpongeBob and other characters, too; I guess the yellow boi became more eccentric than he already was sometime during the last decade or less. Still cool but noticeably somewhat different than earlier on, idk.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Regarding Nick shows. I watched both The Angry Beavers and CatDog the most. My mom really loved the former and would compare Norbert and Daggett to my brother and I all the time. xD

Mom wouldn't let me and my brother watch Ren & Stimpy for obvious reasons and as I got older I understood why.

Also watched a bit of Rugrats, Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, Hey Arnold, Wild Thornberries, and early Spongebob but not as much as the two above.

I definitely missed out on Rocko and Invader Zim though 10 years back or so I had gotten around to watching the former. Basically an earlier version of Spongebob but better in quality.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
As with Spongebob with the 1st movie as originally planned.
I'm actually quite conflicted on that one.

On one hand, The ending was practically perfect, And I cannot see any way they can top it.

On the other, Season 4 had some great episodes, Afterword's.... it's a different story But I will maintain that Modern Spongebob does have some stand out episodes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I find the word flanderization kinda funny because the spanish voice actor for Neo Cortex in most Crash Bandicoot games is the same one who has voiced Ned Flanders in the Simpsons throught the years. And his Neo Cortex voice sounds really close to his Flanders voice

So I like to get funny about It and say that Neo Cortex got the literal flanderization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom