• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I don't think I have any insect or bug fears. But I do have some.

-Being slandered against in any context, but especially being slandered against in a professional setting, tops the list.
-Dying alone and lonely.
-The number 13. This one is tame compared to the other two.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I don't think I have any insect or bug fears. But I do have some.

-Being slandered against in any context, but especially being slandered against in a professional setting, tops the list.
-Dying alone and lonely.
-The number 13. This one is tame compared to the other two.
Oh come on! What the heck is wrong with the number 13? It's just a number!

D

Deleted member

Some of the Nicktoons I used to watch as a kid were Danny Phantom, Fairly Oddparents, El Tigre, Spongebob, My Life As A Teenage Robot, one about a girl scout who liked bees or something, Avatar and a few episodes of Rugrats.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
-Dying alone and lonely.
I've told some of you guys and I'm talking about it to my best friend right now as well.

My biggest fear of all is ending up like my bio-parents and I'm so terrified of becoming like them. And in a way a lot my actions have left me a bit close to it.

In a way it explains a bit of why I am so clingy to people.

Apologies for saying something so damn serious out in the open but that is what I'm really afraid of (and not catching up to my siblings in a way).

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I've told some of you guys and I'm talking about it to my best friend right now as well.

My biggest fear of all is ending up like my bio-parents and I'm so terrified of becoming like them. And in a way a lot my actions have left me a bit close to it.

It’s never too late to change your course

D

Deleted member

Looking back on some of the Nicktoons, I kinda realize how many awful things are painted in a comedic or positive light and there’s a lot that wouldn’t fly today.
I guess you could attribute It to some of the higher ups who took part on the production, and in some cases the standards of the 90s.

D

Deleted member

That’s just the way things are. As the culture changes, so does our perception of what once was “modern”
Yeah, It also helps that as the years pass by younger people get to lead into new projects and such.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Oh come on! What the heck is wrong with the number 13? It's just a number!
There are multiple points as to why I don't like it.

My Christian faith standpoint: Christ represents number 1. The faithful 11 disciples are numbers 2-12. Where does that leave Judas Iscariot? 13th.

Sports standpoint: My favorite hockey team won 13 Stanley Cups before entering the current longest active drought in the NHL.

Personal life standpoint: I turned 13 during my 7th grade year. 7th grade was near hell on earth due to one kid who was in my class who would go out of his way to harass me.
At one point close to the end of the year, I was using the bathroom, and he came in there and began banging on the stall door, joking that he would sexually assault me. He didn't actually do it, because he was joking about it, but still... that's just plain messed up.

How many more reasons do you want?

Apologies for saying something so damn serious out in the open but that is what I'm really afraid of (and not catching up to my siblings in a way).
Would you like to explain the bio-parents point? That's worrying me a bit.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
That’s just the way things are. As the culture changes, so does our perception of what once was “modern”
I guess, it’s just hard to look back on some of these series through a modern lens, like how much FOP played up child abuse and neglect for comedy, or how much of a toxic “I’m not like the other girls” mindset Sam Manson had, or how sad Jimmy Neutron’s life is after reading this in-character deconstruction from 4chan:
5E094D6F-35EF-4F7E-8E0E-2D29D2B2E145.jpeg

FB42F756-B930-433C-A70A-86BE2A226A13.jpeg
7E472B3C-A65B-415E-A44C-A52C1A0EF330.jpeg

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
My friend in Pixelmon: I'm going to crush you, I spent hours yesterday grinding all my Pokemon to even levels and EV training, I even added some hard counters to your Pokemon so I can win!
Me with my underleveled starter, fox, sword, and skunk: Ah, call an ambulance!
Me pulling out two overleveled birbs and a sandcastle off the side of the road: But not for me!

Noipoi

Howdy!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
There are multiple points as to why I don't like it.

My Christian faith standpoint: Christ represents number 1. The faithful 11 disciples are numbers 2-12. Where does that leave Judas Iscariot? 13th.

Sports standpoint: My favorite hockey team won 13 Stanley Cups before entering the current longest active drought in the NHL.

Personal life standpoint: I turned 13 during my 7th grade year. 7th grade was near hell on earth due to one kid who was in my class who would go out of his way to harass me.
At one point close to the end of the year, I was using the bathroom, and he came in there and began banging on the stall door, joking that he would sexually assault me. He didn't actually do it, because he was joking about it, but still... that's just plain messed up.

How many more reasons do you want?

Oh brother. I guess the last one makes sense, but the second one is a bit of a stretch. The first one: I will probably never get religious beliefs about the number 13.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
But legit though, FoP did go heavy on the child abuse later on.

Like, in the earlier seasons, his parents did care for him, they wanted the best for him, but they just weren't all that smart. Like, half of Channel Chasers was them trying to get Timmy to come back home.

The later seasons just made it look like they simply didn't care for him at all.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Like, in the earlier seasons, his parents did care for him, they wanted the best for him, but they just weren't all that smart. Like, half of Channel Chasers was them trying to get Timmy to come back home.

The later seasons just made it look like they simply didn't care for him at all.
That’s what we call flanderization.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
-Dying alone and lonely.
Same here. Although not as much anymore since I just got outta a long relationship and now i'm kinda just like "eh"
Plus when you're single you don't gotta spend all your time and money on someone else, it's nice sometimes lol

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I felt like I forgot to do something tonight or such. One was waiting on one of my friends was going to ask me a question, then I got sidetracked by you guys and now I'm talking to my best friend.

It's complicated. They aren't/weren't in jail or anything but a lot of bad stuff happened when I was younger. My life of course is better but there's that worry as well and along my sibling conflicts its why I'm referred to a specific form of counselling.

I trust a few of you guys to talk about it but I wouldn't want to be the only person talking that kinda thing.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Oh brother. I guess the last one makes sense, but the second one is a bit of a stretch. The first one: I will probably never get religious beliefs about the number 13.
Fears are gonna be illogical. Can't deny that, but it'd be nice if you weren't on this high horse by saying "oh brother" and whatnot.

So, I advise that you cut the attitude, or we're gonna have problems.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I never liked Timmy's parents at all.

The episode which made me dislike them the most out of any animated parental figure was when Timmy wished he was never born and their lifes were actually better without him for some reason.

And don't get me started on the episode where they literally gave Timmy a failed exam about entering home.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Fears are gonna be illogical. Can't deny that, but it'd be nice if you weren't on this high horse by saying "oh brother" and whatnot.

I do apologize, but I didn't mean to offend anyone. I was not trying to be on a high horse. Far from it. That may not be the best thing to have said, but that is kinda just how I roll, without offensive intentions.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

I just want to say that the oh brother mentality is how one user ended up feeling like complete ****.

Lets not have that mentality.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Even early on it could get pretty bad, like they violated a legal document stating Timmy didn’t need a babysitter on the weekends that THEY signed and used it as fish wrap

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Even early on it could get pretty bad, like they violated a legal document stating Timmy didn’t need a babysitter on the weekends that THEY signed and used it as fish wrap
Well, Butch Hartman was always inconsistent with his characters.

Especially when half the cast just upfront disappears.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
It's complicated. They aren't/weren't in jail or anything but a lot of bad stuff happened when I was younger. My life of course is better but there's that worry as well and along my sibling conflicts its why I'm referred to a specific form of counselling.

I trust a few of you guys to talk about it but I wouldn't want to be the only person talking that kinda thing.
I see. Yeah, I gotcha.
oh yeah Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs been meaning to ask but where are you in One Piece right now?
Finished the Alabasta arc. I'll pick it up again at a different time but I've been rewatching Total Drama out of boredom and curiosity, wondering if it still holds up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom