• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Well, I see how it is, not a single person cared to reach out to me and ask how I am, nor did I get a single apology for getting my phobia shoved in my face. In fact, it even got ignored. Seriously, I don't think a simple "sorry" was too much to ask for, given how severe my phobia is.

Might as well leave this place at this rate, it doesn't feel welcoming at all.
I'm barely on here so like I didn't see what happened? I'm sorry for whatever did happen though.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I'm barely on here so like I didn't see what happened? I'm sorry for whatever did happen though.
I'm here all the time and I still don't really know what happened.

It was a **** move if you are showing someone's fears into their face.

Edit: What? Irepan has confused.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm here all the time and I still don't really know what happened.

It was a **** move if you are showing someone's fears into their face.

Edit: What? Irepan has confused.
It musta happened while I was recording footage cause I saw snippets of it but didn’t see the whole thing. I didn’t think much of it tbh.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I've been looking at past posts and I feel I found the post which caused the whole thing.

Won't go into much detail, but I seriously want to apologize for @Taigiry because I naively gave that one post a like just because It made me think about a Godzilla character called Mothra.
While some may argue that I should not be this concerned over giving that post a like, I feel as someone who has anxiety that maybe the fact they saw the post getting so much traction did make Taigiry feel worse about It.

As such, I removed my like from that post, and I want to let them know that I'm really sorry for unpurposefully taking part in that. I don't like seeing people having an awful time or getting mocked... More so when I am in part to blame.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Y’know what freaks me out?

Centipedes.

Why are they so damn fast? What are they doing with all those legs?
i think there's a direct relation between the number of legs a creature has and how much i fear it

2/4: generally fine
6: can be spooky
8: oh god get it away
10+: (sounds of dying)

the only exception is octopi. octopi are cool

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah, and also bed bugs can go **** themselves.

The thought of them eating my blood at night makes me want to go commit mass genocide against bed bug kind

Dutch Raikuna

Well if people want phobias to never show, for me it's tadpoles. Yes I am super terrified of tadpoles. There is frogs but tadpoles is a different story. Those creepy abominations should not exist. I almost had a tug of water fell on me with them in it as a kid.

So my worst nightmare is being thrown into a bathtub full of frogspawn and tadpoles.

There you go guys. If you want to break me, you know what to do.

I feel a bit embarrassed to say that honestly.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Well if people want phobias to never show, for me it's tadpoles. Yes I am super terrified of tadpoles. There is frogs but tadpoles is a different story. Those creepy abominations should not exist. I almost had a tug of water fell on me with them in it as a kid.

So my worst nightmare is being thrown into a bathtub full of frogspawn and tadpoles.

There you go guys. If you want to break me, you know what to do.
I’m curious, what is it about frogs that scare you?

D

Deleted member

Ok, I kinda wasn't fully honest.

There's another thing which really gives me the creeps a lot. And I ask all of you to not laugh about It.

The Minecraft spiders. I genuiely feel scared of the way they look, the way they move in the game and the sound they make.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It was pretty good from what I remember, shame the creator is a piece of work.
From what I can tell, it's only very loosely based on a comic series he wrote, to the point of essentially being a completely different thing. His only role in the actual production of the show was, from what I can tell, as executive producer (which, as a film student, I know means he at most just did like... budgeting and phone calls. But very likely he was just paid to do nothing). Looking at the wikipedia page he didn't even write any.... okay, looks like he wrote ONE episode. Let's see... the plot description says it's.... oh dear. It says "Human Kimberly buys all of the root beer in the store for a girls-only sleepover party. However, the cats have a plan to get root beer for themselves at any cost: by disguising themselves as girls in order to attend the party."...... of course that would be the one episode he wrote for the show

Dutch Raikuna

I’m curious, what is it about frogs that scare you?
It's not so much frogs as it's more the tadpole lifecycle. When they sprout legs and turn into frogs.

Same with stuff like crabs, insects, shrimp all going through their lifecycles. Some freaky abominations. The end result is fine. Just everything before that.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Moths I'm used to. Same with spiders.

But believe it or not, I'm still deathly terrified of butterflies. Imagine being 4 years old and going to a place in Arkansas called "Butterfly Bridge" or some **** like that. And having hundreds of those absolute units with their weird wing movements swarming all over you.

If it's any consolation, I don't have it as bad as my older sister :yoshi:

D

Deleted member

playing minecraft in general gives me the creeps tbh
I actually can stand stuff such as the Skelletons, the piglins, the endermen and even all the kinds of zombies.

But It is the spiders what gives me the fear of playing Minecraft in survival at all.
I'm sure It has to do with my phobia to big insects too.

Dutch Raikuna

If there is something weird though depression has made me less scared of things like zombies and stuff.

I also have a fear of bees. Almost 24 and haven't been stung. I intend to keep it that way.

Also know someone who has a fear of seagulls and another who has a phobia of tomatoes.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
See ya in 42 years.
It actually doesn't take that long to binge watch a network cartoon. The episodes are only 22 minutes long at most and a season usually only has 13 episodes. Meaning roughly 4 hours a season give or take.
I can recall a few random episodes here and there.
Same. I remember watching it a lot though. I watched everything on Nickelodeon a hell of a lot honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom