• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
If I ever had to move to another state, it’d probably be California.

But only in the instance where it would be easier for my animation career. All the cartoon guys seem to live in L.A.
California is a choice of mine on where to move to as well, even though it is said to "fall off into the ocean", and the earthquakes and wildfires, but hey...

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Personally i'd love to live in Canada. Or Colorado, since it's a lot closer and still way less hot than Texas.
I'd love to visit Canada but not too high on my list. Think I'm far from ready to travel on my own.

I’m pretty content here in the US of A but I do eventually want to explore some areas of the world like Japan.

Although first I have to get over my fear of planes.....
You'll have to stomach like long hour flights and ****ty airline food. There's a lot of places I want to visit like Japan, South Korea and places closer to home like Germany.
Is the take-off and landing that scares you or is it just being in the air?

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I’m pretty content here in the US of A but I do eventually want to explore some areas of the world like Japan.

Although first I have to get over my fear of planes.....
You have a fear of planes? I go on planes all the time. I do have a fear of flying over the ocean, though, but I have always survived. It's not that bad.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I don't know how the thread feels about this, but I would love to have a house in Australia.

It has beaches, an interesting enviroment and the story behind the whole place really catches my attention.
I personally would love to live in Australia.

Sure 99% of the wildlife can kill you and it's prone to bushfires and stuff but it's always been one of those destinations I've wanted to at least go to since I was young.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I'd love to go to New York too.
Not live, just visit. There's a lot of big restaurants and stores and stuff there I wanna visit lol.

D

Deleted member

You have a fear of planes? I go on planes all the time. I do have a fear of flying over the ocean, though, but I have always survived. It's not that bad.
I don’t like have an overwhelming fear of planes or anything, but the concept of flying high above the air in a vehicle that is basically just some metal and thrusters holding you off the ground is mildly scary to me.

And yes, I know the stats about how the odds of getting into a plane crash is lower than the odds of you getting in a car crash, tis just an irrational fear of mine.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
New York is close to me, so I wouldn’t have a problem living there if I wanted to.

If it wasn’t so damn expensive.
Which is why you chose California.
New York is for billionaires. LA is for millionaires.

Dutch Raikuna

For me I'm fine until the pandemic clears to be living in (Northern) Ireland. Really need to start thinking ahead. My life would be a bit meaningless if I don't spend some time living abroad.

I just need my sibling move out to reincorporate for mental years lost first.

I'm fine living in Virginia for now.
There's another place I'd love to visit again this time to meet my friend here as I spent a few days near Roanoke some years back. Was a very nice place. Went to there and darted around the Appalachians.

I don’t like have an overwhelming fear of planes or anything, but the concept of flying high above the air in a vehicle that is basically just some metal and thrusters holding you off the ground is mildly scary to me.

And yes, I know the stats about how the odds of getting into a plane crash is lower than the odds of you getting in a car crash, tis just an irrational fear of mine.
Listening to music is how I got over it. Instead of thinking about if it could crash I listen to stuff that makes me feel like I'm on some grand adventure.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I'd love to go to New York too.
Not live, just visit. There's a lot of big restaurants and stores and stuff there I wanna visit lol.
Ah yes, where I live! Although, I'm a native Pennsylvanian.

We have good pizza. And there are basically two parts: the city, and everywhere else. The everywhere else part is underrated. There's plenty of gorgeous country side, and the area I'm in has some pretty sweet rolling hills. Yeah, the cost of living is above average, but overall it's not half-bad.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Well, I personally would not want to jump out of a plane, personally. I understand where you are coming from, but it's not so bad, as I said. There is not much to worry about in regards to planes.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I must say, I used to live in Northern Virginia, right next to Washington, D.C., in fact. I have been thinking about moving there.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160

I too am claustrophobic, but I love flying. I guess it's freeing, in a sense, to be in the air.

D

Deleted member

I lived in Illinois most of my childhood but about 4 years ago now we moved here to Kentucky and man the differences between the two are pretty apparent. It’s like living in an entire nother country, even though Illinois is two states north of my town. Especially the more south you go, there’s churches and religious insignia’s every 2 feet it feels like.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Pennsylvania comment from a Pennsylvanian:

Upstate is incredibly gorgeous. Downstate has traffic and smelly factories (thanks a lot, Harrisburg and York /s). Pittsburgh is an aquired taste. Philly has some neat sites but it could be complicated moving around due to how it's the largest city in PA, for sure.

Dutch Raikuna

Hearing people talk about places in America and such despite me having been and also have relatives reminds that I'm one of the few very active Europeans here. I'm definitely the only very active Irish person here:

Okay right. Going by country I'm from the UK but going by cultural and other circumstances I consider myself Irish.

Visit the UK and Ireland people! It's, uh grand. - My tourist motto.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom