• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
What I meant to say, and should have said, is that I don't mean Texas as a whole. There are exceptions, of course. Many exceptions, in fact.

That said, DAMN! I'm sorry if I offended you.

That doesn't mean I hate Texas overall at all, though.
I mean, you can find assholes in every state if you look hard enough. Not sure why you felt the need to single out Texas, but I digress.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
What I meant to say, and should have said, is that I don't mean Texas as a whole. There are exceptions, of course. Many exceptions, in fact.

That said, DAMN! I'm sorry if I offended you.

That doesn't mean I hate Texas overall at all, though.
No worries lol, there's parts of this state I don't like either. I've actually thought a lot about moving when i'm older.
I already said this, but since you are texan I want you to know that as a child I thought the Spongebob characters said "cejas" (spanish for eyebrows) instead of Texas.
Lmao

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I mean, you can find assholes in every state if you look hard enough. Not sure why you felt the need to single out Texas, but I digress.
Then I guess I can consider what I did was a mistake. Not that I did anything terribly bad, but the singling out part was...just not necessary, at all. To be honest, I didn't know I was going there.

No worries lol, there's parts of this state I don't like either. I've actually thought a lot about moving when i'm older.

Lmao
That is good to know. Again, I am sorry if I said anything bad.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Everytime I look at your stuff I’m just amazed at how much detail you can put into your drawings with just pencil, not even using color.
Colour is a very minor portion of visual input. Portraying the forms and value is a lot more important for describing the subject matter. When it comes to linework it's about indicating the edges and shapes, while using some light hatching and cross-hatching to indicate some minor shading and forms.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
@JDCabrera Not sure if you're familiar with SomecallmeJohnny (probably one of the most entertaining and wholesome video game review Youtubers IMO) but he just put out a video for Dragon Quest 5.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Everyone knows New Jersey is the worst state.
The butthole of America indeed. I was there once and travelled through the state. The factory smell is everywhere so it's as oppressive as advertised.

Also, TEXAS opinion?! I have none. Never been there. I heard Houston and San Antonio are pretty neat, but Dallas can get boring. How legit are these opinions? No idea
But if I ever do visit, I'll have a more concrete opinion.

But you know what state is dope? Colorado. Gorgeous place.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

@JDCabrera Not sure if you're familiar with SomecallmeJohnny (probably one of the most entertaining and wholesome video game review Youtubers IMO) but he just put out a video for Dragon Quest 5.
Oh yes, he's the Guy who people kept memeing regarding his Kingdom Hearts videos. I am subscribed to him.

Gonna check the video later, It looks promising.

D

Deleted member

When it comes to linework it's about indicating the edges and shapes, while using some light hatching and cross-hatching to indicate some minor shading and forms.
I probably need to do some research on drawing lingo lol

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Splitting this into three in one posts.

Am I the only who feels his home country is a bit overrated?
Ireland is a great country and all to be from but to some Americans/Canadians it feels like some kind of near perfect country in their head. It's a great place to visit, just has problems (like my part) like everywhere else.
------------------------------------------------
I should work on my story tonight but man just feels like I'm not doing enough in a way mentally.
Like I'm not doing enough to make it "socially attractive" if that makes sense.
------------------------------------------------
I don't know if I right now I need one of a few following.

A coffee and a vocal conversation with a friend.
A collection of new games.
One year of sleep.

Probably all of them. Damn this pandemic. Won't be able to see my friends until Easter at least (the one who would have motivation at least.).

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Everyone knows New Jersey is the worst state.
Someone clearly didn't have a brother in the Air Force stationed in Utah.
Utah is the most god awful place on Earth.
It's drab, dusty, empty, super religious, homogeneous, Conservative, and its only landmark, the Great Salt Lake, smells like a sewer.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The butthole of America indeed. I was there once and travelled through the state. The factory smell is everywhere so it's as oppressive as advertised.

Also, TEXAS opinion?! I have none. Never been there. I heard Houston and San Antonio are pretty neat, but Dallas can get boring. How legit are these opinions? No idea
But if I ever do visit, I'll have a more concrete opinion.

But you know what state is dope? Colorado. Gorgeous place.
I mean, despite how it comes off to me, Texas is not a bad state. In fact, there is lots of good in it. I have been there several times.

Nobody and Hudson have a problem with that?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It's drab, dusty, empty, super religious, homogeneous, Conservative, and its only landmark, the Great Salt Lake, smells like a sewer.
Hey, I am not religious, but don't diss Utah. I live there (Now I know how DerpingPikachu DerpingPikachu feels), as I moved there a few years ago. It's a beautiful place to live, and it's cool.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Honestly if there is one place I hope to get back to in the US it's Philadelphia. I've heard a lot of American's who come to visit places like Dublin or Edinburgh say it reminds them of that city/Boston and honestly I can see why.
The Appalachian mountains was another great place to visit. To see land extend on and on like that blew my wee Irish mind at the time.

Unfortunately most of my time in the US has been confined to a roughly near border town in Georgia and Florida. All that was a mostly one off.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Splitting this into three in one posts.

Am I the only who feels his home country is a bit overrated?
Ireland is a great country and all to be from but to some Americans/Canadians it feels like some kind of near perfect country in their head. It's a great place to visit, just has problems (like my part) like everywhere else.
The grass is always greener.

Thing is here in North America the political side of things is basically the equivalent of two tribes of silly monkeys screaming and throwing crap at eachother, meanwhile us non-silly monkeys are sitting on the side watching confused thinking "Why are these monkeys so angry and throwing stuff at eachother?" Then there's a portion of non-silly monkeys basically thinking to themselves "I don't want to live here anymore, wonder what's going on in Ireland"

Where I live there isn't so much of a debate politically. The only major political thing that's been happening recently were some BLM protests in the summer but nothing crazy really happened. Plus some anti-mask protests in the fall. My city's fairly conservative but not ridiculously so. So there's not much in terms of radicalism on either side going on.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Honestly if there is one place I hope to get back to in the US it's Philadelphia. I've heard a lot of American's who come to visit places like Dublin or Edinburgh say it reminds them of that city/Boston and honestly I can see why.
The Appalachian mountains was another great place to visit. To see land extend on and on like that blew my wee Irish mind at the time.

Unfortunately most of my time in the US has been confined to a roughly near border town in Georgia and Florida. All that was a mostly one off.
I have been to Philadelphia before. I do want to go there again someday. It's very nice.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
A third of your criticisms against Utah are only in existence because of your political opinions, being obviously communist, rather than being due to the state itself.

Although, it can be dusty and empty. Zion and Bryce Canyon are pretty, though. Maybe visiting there would elevate your opinion. Unless you've already been there and you still hate it which hey, you do you.

D

Deleted member

I’m pretty content here in the US of A but I do eventually want to explore some areas of the world like Japan.

Although first I have to get over my fear of planes.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Personally i'd love to live in Canada. Or Colorado, since it's a lot closer and still way less hot than Texas.
It's a pretty chill place to live overall, save for some of the bigger city's. There's a lot of European influences in
Montreal as far as the culture goes, while Toronto is your typical big city kind of area. As far as politics goes it's a lot more chill. As far as weather goes it's DEFINITELY a lot more chill!❄

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
A third of your criticisms against Utah are only in existence because of your political opinions, being obviously communist, rather than being due to the state itself.

Although, it can be dusty and empty. Zion and Bryce Canyon are pretty, though. Maybe visiting there would elevate your opinion. Unless you've already been there and you still hate it which hey, you do you.
Thank you. It may not be perfect, but Utah is a great place to visit! It is beautiful when it has snow, and it has snow where I am at now, too!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just finished watching The Last Dance, the ESPN documentary on Michael Jordan's final year with the Chicago Bulls. To say I'm not much of a sports guy is an understatement, but the Bulls were huge when I was growing up. (also, I was about 6 when Space Jam came out, which likely helped) I knew that Michael Jordan was a big figure in basketball and sports as a whole, but I guess I never realized how dominant he was at the game. (the games that were shown had him scoring 50 or 60 points per game, which seems nuts to me)

It didn't seem to gloss over his faults (especially his habit of taking anything personally and using that to fuel himself - you'd think that people would learn to stop trash-talking Michael Jordan, seeing as he makes it a personal mission to destroy whatever player said that, but seeing as he also used someone else getting the MVP over him as motivation, he'd likely find a reason anyway), though it certainly didn't paint Jerry Krause (the Bulls' GM) in a good light.

I'm tempted to see if there are other similar documentaries out there on figures like Magic Johnson (I know he's another major basketball player, but I'm not as familiar with him as I am with Michael Jordan) or Mike Tyson. (most of what I know about him comes from the Hangover and Punch-Out, like how he was only 21 when he was the World Heavyweight Champion)

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160

Been there several times. My brother even cleaned his lawnmower before moving to "get all the Utah out of it."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom