• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Oh, are they getting those out to the public more now? I haven't kept up too much with it.
Been getting out to the public for like two months now. UK has already done like 15 million so far.

Probably won't be getting my shot for a few months though.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Been getting out to the public for like two months now. UK has already done like 15 million so far.

I'm thinking about getting one sooner than later. Especially now that I'm out working, there's a higher risk, so it would probably be a good idea.

D

Deleted member

I'm thinking about getting one sooner than later. Especially now that I'm out working, there's a higher risk, so it would probably be a good idea.
Where I live they are doing the Covid vaccine thing in an escalated order.

Iirc first they are going for the old people with risky health and health workers, then they are going for the people who have the virus and after that they are going from old to young people.

It's a slow process, but hopefully I get the vaccine sometime around summer.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Penguins are my favorite animal. Mainly because I grew up with both Club Penguin and The Penguins of Madagascar. The Backyardigans also had a penguin.

Octopi, chameleons, parrots and flying squirrels are also cool.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I love pretty much all animals, so much that if I were to just list them all I'd go on and on forever. So I'll just list a few underappreciated ones instead!

One time I was walking my dog at night in Arizona, and she perked up and stared towards the base of a cliff. I shined my flashlight in that direction and a cat sized creature with a poofy tail and large eyes. After just a second though, the creature turned around and started straight up the cliff just as easily as a squirrel runs up a tree. After I got home and told my family about my encounter my dad told me it was probably a ring-tailed cat, a shy racoon relative that's rarely seen. It's also the state mammal of Arizona, fittingly enough!
Fun fact: Early settlers in the American southwest would often keep this creatures as pets, as they docile and ate small pests, much like domestic cats. That's why they're known as "cats" despite being a part of the racoon family.

Next we have the tuatara. See this cute little drake right here?
You think it's just a normal lizard, right? Nope, WRONG! It's not a lizard at all. It's the last of a lineage of lizard-like reptiles that once thrived in the dinosaur times, before modern lizards started outcompeting them and filling in their niches. Tuatara was probably able to survive while all of its cousins died out because it lived on New Zealand, isolated from the rest of the world and safe from competition with lizards. You're looking at the last of an ancient lineage here. It also just looks like, really cool.

Most of you won't remember this but I've mentioned before that orangutans are a favorite of mine, since they are beautiful creatures that show almost-human behavior and intelligence. But did you know that there's three different species, with one only described as a distinct species as recently as 2017? Meet the tapanuli orangutan.
As a population they've been known about for a while, but since they're so rare (ie, endangered) and live so deep in the rain forest they've been hard to study, leading them to only be classified as the distinct species they are very recently. They're visually distinct from other orangutans thanks to their frizzy fur, flat faces and pronounced facial hair. Even their females can grow beards, unlike other orangutans!
P.S. You can tell male and female orangutans apart from the shape of their face, as males have very wide and strange looking faces while the females look more like other great apes.

There's also this bizarre little creature known as the platypus but you've probably all heard of that one. But did you know they were recently discovered to glow a certain color underneath UV lights?
It's always so bizarre when reality mirrors fiction.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Anyone live in the USA? I have an unpopular opinion to share. No offense to anyone who lives in that state, but...

Texas is not that great, and is overrated. Don't @ me.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Alrighty! While I was a bit disorganized today, I did advance alot of my projects & got a cool new avi that I hope you folks like!

Gonna go to bed now & see what happen tomorrow. Until then, have a beautiful time here, fellow gamers.

D

Deleted member

When I was young and watched SpongeBob I thought that instead of Texas the characters said "cejas" (which translates to English as eyebrows).

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Bruh, more than half of this thread is probably nothing but memes and ****posts.

I'm just goin' with the flow.
Changes to geek voice "Actually it's by my calculations":

Removed the image cuz there's an uncensored swear

Half ****posts

1/6 poor attempts at serious conservation or something.

2/6 at games anime and movie talk.

Applaud my attempted powers of observation!

Last edited by a moderator:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Look guys, I was just stating an opinion, which, I admitted, was an unpopular one to begin with. Let's not get worked up about this, shall we? Just needed to get something off my chest.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'm not tryna start anything I was just curious what prompted this lol, I mean I do live there after all.
What I meant to say, and should have said, is that I don't mean Texas as a whole. There are exceptions, of course. Many exceptions, in fact.

That said, DAMN! I'm sorry if I offended you.

That doesn't mean I hate Texas overall at all, though.

D

Deleted member

I'm not tryna start anything I was just curious what prompted this lol, I mean I do live there after all.
I already said this, but since you are texan I want you to know that as a child I thought the Spongebob characters said "cejas" (spanish for eyebrows) instead of Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom